Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I hate baking, to many rules, add this, put this much of that, bake this long, @ that temp.wtf???

lol

I rarely bake, I am not very good @ it for some reason :thinking:

Odd, & yet I love to cook.

I made a huge ham & bean (veggies) stew & will freeze half of it & hope it does not hit 95 degrees before I can eat the rest.....

Jade knows some stuff about food, for real! He sends us Xmas cookies that are to die for.

It used to be fresh bread that I was into making, but it doesn't ship well for gifts. Also fresh bread is too much of a weakness. Cookies, breads, and meats are my specialties.

I hate baking, to many rules, add this, put this much of that, bake this long, @ that temp.wtf???

lol

I rarely bake, I am not very good @ it for some reason :thinking:

Odd, & yet I love to cook.

I made a huge ham & bean (veggies) stew & will freeze half of it & hope it does not hit 95 degrees before I can eat the rest.....
I enjoy it but it's disappointing when something doesn't turn out as planned. I made these pecan(pronounced pee-can :D) pie bars which were sheer perfection on several occasions. Idk what I did but the last few times I made them it was a disaster, the shortbread crust did not turn out right. My latest kick was making a bunch of different types of pound cakes.

I enjoy it but it's disappointing when something doesn't turn out as planned. I made these pecan(pronounced pee-can :D) pie bars which were sheer perfection on several occasions. Idk what I did but the last few times I made them it was a disaster, the shortbread crust did not turn out right. My latest kick was making a bunch of different types of pound cakes.

I still say Pee-Can, although most here call it peCon... Sounds delish, not tried them but sounds rich, like Pecan pie??

Odd that you follow the same recipe time & again & it does not work out..

So it wasn't me screwing it up all those times:thinking:

lol

Soups, stews, stir-fry & dolma (dolmades) are my go to/specialties along w/ BBQ & beef jerky..

I could never bring myself to eat the stuff, because my first dogs name was Bison. I tend to stick to the basic farm animals.
I've never had it either. There's a restaurant here called Ted's Montana Grill and Bison is their specialty but I've never had the nerve to try it. I was there last week and had a bunless turkey burger. lol. It was very good though.

We make meatloaf,with Bison,Ground Pork,and ground veal!
Bison is so lean,you need to blend it with something with fat.
I tried making burgers with Bison,much to dry.

Yep........

I like that blend, I usually blend as well.. Enchiladas w/ ground beef, ground pork, ground turkey & ground zucchini.. + the usual corn tortilla,cheese,tomatillo, green sauce etc

Yep........

I like that blend, I usually blend as well.. Enchiladas w/ ground beef, ground pork, ground turkey & ground zucchini.. + the usual corn tortilla,cheese,tomatillo, green sauce etc

Bison adds a different flavor to meatloaf!
We stumbled upon it.We were at Kroger one day,and the meat lady,that marks down meat.
Gave us 2 lbs

Back