Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I have tried a slightly different version of that, w/ the herring.. The theme was Norwegian, via Minnesota..

I had several dishes I had never tried & honestly thought would be disgusting but which were quite good & I encouraged my picky daughters/family to try them..

Pickled herring was prob the most surprising as it had cream or sour cream of some type & was not fishy & the flavors well balanced..

Another surprise was Pheasant (leg quarters) & Elk sausages cooked in sauerkraut..

The flavors coalesce very nicely, not sour & tended to lighten up a bit the heavier flavors of the meats.... YUM!!!!!

I really like sauerkraut, and that sounds really good!

One thing I appreciate about the Baltic countries: smoked, salted, and pickled fish!

I see a lot of ppl now using kumbucha.....

We use to make it 15+ years ago & now I think it does help many ppl, but not because it is some mystical elixir "from the orient" but because it is vinegar/acidic & most Americans aren't making that part of their diet..

I see a lot of ppl now using kumbucha.....

We use to make it 15+ years ago & now I think it does help many ppl, but not because it is some mystical elixir "from the orient" but because it is vinegar/acidic & most Americans aren't making that part of their diet..
I just take Mother’s, don’t have to mess with making tea!

It is also very, very easy to grow & can be evasive..

I cook w/ it as well... I actually dropped some in my ham n bean soup, for the first time but have added it in pasta & salads as well..

I'm trying to start some indoors in peat pots. So far it's not doing much. Given our local climate, if that shit can be invasive all hats off to it! lol

I'm trying to start some indoors in peat pots. So far it's not doing much. Given our local climate, if that shit can be invasive all hats off to it! lol

Yea, I dunno how it does in tundra lol... Does great here. Perhaps a big pot.. Peat does not hold much water?? It does like water, & I never fertilize mine as I am afraid it will explode..

You have some old crappy soil you could mix w/ it, & maybe a shot of some nitrogen to get it happy & excited??

Yea, I dunno how it does in tundra lol... Does great here. Perhaps a big pot.. Peat does not hold much water?? It does like water, & I never fertilize mine as I am afraid it will explode..

You have some old crappy soil you could mix w/ it, & maybe a shot of some nitrogen to get it happy & excited??

I can hook it up with all the crappy soil it wants. The peat pot is a starter and sits in a plastic pot that does hold water, so that I can keep it moist.

If it is warm enough it should be rooting....

I got my cuttings from the grocery store (bought a bunch in the herb section)... Just took a couple of the woodyer stems & pulled off some leaves & put it in water (warmer here) & in a couple weeks it had lots of roots, just stuck it in the ground & off it goes...

Hope yours does well..

I can hook it up with all the crappy soil it wants. The peat pot is a starter and sits in a plastic pot that does hold water, so that I can keep it moist.

Michigan soil is always pretty sandy near the lakes. My neighbor always mixes his soil with Dairy Doo. Alone the sand is perfect for irises, and other flowers that don't like wet roots. I've always had trouble growing carrots, so I bought a beneficial bacteria, and fungi fertilizer, that helps roots grow big, and strong. Something needed in sandy soils. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VJN8XTC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dry as dust,endless you mix a meat with more fat content with it for burgers!

I was streaming food network, and they had a burger made from a top Cincinnati chef. It was made with the lean meatier cuts, and he actually mixed chilled butter chunk into the grind. The leaner cuts may be dry, but they have more flavor.

Back