Jade's Recipe Exchange.

It's supposed to help with some things, but can cause issues with other things. Main things up front, is the slow metabolism, and energy levels. It's not something you do if you have a labor intensive job, or you exercise a lot. In some people it can lead to gorging on food, and it can lead to gallstones eventually.

So you think Top eats her Alpo once a day is an issue?

It's supposed to help with some things, but can cause issues with other things. Main things up front, is the slow metabolism, and energy levels. It's not something you do if you have a labor intensive job, or you exercise a lot. In some people it can lead to gorging on food, and it can lead to gallstones eventually.
That's interesting that it lowers your metabolism but I guess it makes sense. No wonder I lose no weight on it anymore. :laugh: I think it sets your BMR, base metabolic rate and you have to break out of it.

Not trying to hijack your thread.

As I get older,nothing seems to help lose weight!
I think the less weight you need to lose, the harder it is to get it off. Ideally, I would like to lose 10-15 lbs but even if I don't I'm not overweight. I will have to do something drastic to break the plateau or switch things up. My weakness, peanut butter. I use it as a replacement for sweets sometimes and it's very high in calories and has significant carbs.

I think the less weight you need to lose, the harder it is to get it off. Ideally, I would like to lose 10-15 lbs but even if I don't I'm not overweight. I will have to do something drastic to break the plateau or switch things up. My weakness, peanut butter. I use it as a replacement for sweets sometimes and it's very high in calories and has significant carbs.

My weight stayed at 250 for years.
Then I had robotic prostate removal surgery,went to 280.
Dropped to 269,when I tapered off Ativan.Stuck there right now.
Would like to get back to 250.

I could live on potato chips and pop,if I lost control!:laugh:

My weight stayed at 250 for years.
Then I had robotic prostate removal surgery,went to 280.
Dropped to 269,when I tapered off Ativan.Stuck there right now.
Would like to get back to 250.
Just lay off the carbs. That'll do it, for real. Eat chicken or fish and salads, broccoli or asparagus, stuff like that.

That's interesting that it lowers your metabolism but I guess it makes sense. No wonder I lose no weight on it anymore. :laugh: I think it sets your BMR, base metabolic rate and you have to break out of it.

Not trying to hijack your thread.

The discussion is recipes, and the food that surrounds them. I've been coming here looking for low fat recipes.

I love peanuts as well, penut butter but most of the hiking bars have it so I have gotten kinda sick of it.. Anyway, have you ever tried soy peanut butter?? I know it sounds disgusting but I ate almost a half a jar before I realized it was soy......:dunno:

Also in most stores they have bins of roasted peanuts & a grinder & you can just grind your own-FRESH w/out the other stuff added in...

I'm disabled, with medicaid. As far as I know, they only really pay for dietitian stuff for diabetics.

Oh, I have Kaiser, unfortunately & they offer classes @ the hospital as well as on line..

My oldest daughter has a degree in Nutritional science & was a bit of a pain @ times when she was living w/ me but I learned a lot although I don't always practice it..lol

I would think there would be lots of info, free on line that could be useful, if you put it into practice along w/ moderate exercise.

I love peanuts as well, penut butter but most of the hiking bars have it so I have gotten kinda sick of it.. Anyway, have you ever tried soy peanut butter?? I know it sounds disgusting but I ate almost a half a jar before I realized it was soy......:dunno:

Also in most stores they have bins of roasted peanuts & a grinder & you can just grind your own-FRESH w/out the other stuff added in...
No, I've never tried soy. I've had almond butter, it's about $10 a jar for a small jar here. lol

That's cool! I wish we had a place like that. I also buy a container of assorted nuts with Brazil nuts, almonds, pecans and hazelnuts which I also can't leave alone.

Back