Jade's Recipe Exchange.

That's the raw ones,on that site.
I use the name brand canned ones.
Oh ok, yes I think the canned ones are ok. I used to get the raw bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts too but not anymore. I liked a salad at Mellow Mushroom which came with alfalfa sprouts. They no longer serve sprouts on their stuff either.

Thanks. Yeah, raw sprouts are not good.... even if you buy the mung beans and grow them yourself. You have no idea what dust may have contaminated them before they were packaged up. That was a good article.
I wouldn't touch a sprout with a 50-foot pole anymore. When I was eating them back then, I had no clue!

Oh ok, yes I think the canned ones are ok. I used to get the raw bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts too but not anymore. I liked a salad at Mellow Mushroom which came with alfalfa sprouts. They no longer serve sprouts on their stuff either.

Smart. I think if you enjoy raw foods it's better to buy whole ones (like whole peppers, a bunch of romaine, etc.) and wash it well then cut it up yourself.

I lost a good friend last year. She was only 50 years old. She had gotten some Amish sausage from a local Amish place and got food poisoning from it. She was deathly sick for two weeks, then she had a stroke. She developed septicemia and passed away. All from "home-cured" food.

Another thing I never mess with is bagged lettuce. I can't even count how many recalls there have been for those and for stuff like listeria! No thanks. I get whole Romaine.

Smart. I think if you enjoy raw foods it's better to buy whole ones (like whole peppers, a bunch of romaine, etc.) and wash it well then cut it up yourself.

I lost a good friend last year. She was only 50 years old. She had gotten some Amish sausage from a local Amish place and got food poisoning from it. She was deathly sick for two weeks, then she had a stroke. She developed septicemia and passed away. All from "home-cured" food.
Omg, wow. Scary stuff. What a tragedy. So sorry for your loss.

Another thing I never mess with is bagged lettuce. I can't even count how many recalls there have been for those and for stuff like listeria! No thanks. I get whole Romaine.

Smart. Have you ever heard of washing your raw veggies with a lemon juice and water rinse? Parrot ppl have recommended this for years. I don't know how effective it is, though.

Smart. Have you ever heard of washing your raw veggies with a lemon juice and water rinse? Parrot ppl have recommended this for years. I don't know how effective it is, though.
No, I haven't. I feel like whole lettuce is sort of protected since I assume the outer leaves get the brunt of everything. I still wash it. But I only get whole everything, I would never get pre-cut anything, veggies, any of it.

Back