Jade's Recipe Exchange.

No, I've never tried soy. I've had almond butter, it's about $10 a jar for a small jar here. lol

That's cool! I wish we had a place like that. I also buy a container of assorted nuts with Brazil nuts, almonds, pecans and hazelnuts which I also can't leave alone.

Yea almond butter is good but way over priced.

Surprised they don't have that, grinding it~the smell, rich aroma like fresh ground coffee.

I hardly buy those as I will eat half the can. It's good fats, but still lots of calories..

One thing I have been doing is trying to get 10,000 steps a day on my Garmin + hiking @ least once a week..

Yea almond butter is good but way over priced.

Surprised they don't have that, grinding it~the smell, rich aroma like fresh ground coffee.

I hardly buy those as I will eat half the can. It's good fats, but still lots of calories..

One thing I have been doing is trying to get 10,000 steps a day on my Garmin + hiking @ least once a week..
I know, they are so addictive.

I have a Fitbit Versa now but I sure don't get close to 10k steps. lol

I know, they are so addictive.

I have a Fitbit Versa now but I sure don't get close to 10k steps. lol

I try but don't always make it, but if I go hiking I make up for the week average..

They say if you do 10,000 a day you will lose one pound of fat in one month..... If nothing else it is a good cardio.. Mine will buzz @ me if I don't move much during the day...lol

I try but don't always make it, but if I go hiking I make up for the week average..

They say if you do 10,000 a day you will lose one pound of fat in one month..... If nothing else it is a good cardio.. Mine will buzz @ me if I don't move much during the day...lol

Your machine bosses you around? lol

Says who? I don't do 24 hr fasts, although I could. I usually fast for around 16 or 18.

It's actually supposed to be very healthy. Especially if you enter into a phase called autophagy, which eliminates old damaged cells and resets everything. It's been said it reduces inflammation. And by limiting the amount of time you eat, it reduces your calorie intake. Of course, it has to be done gradually but since I usually eat a low carb diet I was already fat adapted so fasting doesn't bother me.

My experience has been the same. When my five hour eating period rolls around, I don't each much even then.

Went to a new Chinese Restaurant that was recommended,in downtown Tiffin,a nice college town.
A small hole in the wall place ,run by a family.
Excellent flavors,different taste then others around here.
We will return to try other menu items

Went to a new Chinese Restaurant that was recommended,in downtown Tiffin,a nice college town.
A small hole in the wall place ,run by a family.
Excellent flavors,different taste then others around here.
We will return to try other menu items

How large of a town is Tiffin? Is it close to a larger city? I wish we had more Asian places here.

How large of a town is Tiffin? Is it close to a larger city? I wish we had more Asian places here.

Tiffin is the larger city!
Has three colleges,one is Heidelberg,it looks like you're in Germany in that part of town!
The only kind of city down here is Findlay,22 miles from Tiffin.
You have to go North to Toledo for a real city.
Very rural down here
About 20'000 in Tiffin,has one strip of new businesses on the edge of town the older parts,have unique buildings,of a by gone era!

Last edited:
Tiffin is the larger city!
Has three colleges,one is Heidelberg,it looks like you're in Germany in that part of town!
The only kind of city down here is Findlay,22 miles from Tiffin.
You have to go North to Toledo for a real city.
Very rural down here

You must be! We have five (that I'm aware of anyways) tiny Asian places here. Only the buffet one is much good. Two are Thai which I don't care for. No one seems to know how to make fried rice right. It doesn't have that wok hei, smoky flavor.

You must be! We have five (that I'm aware of anyways) tiny Asian places here. Only the buffet one is much good. Two are Thai which I don't care for. No one seems to know how to make fried rice right. It doesn't have that wok hei, smoky flavor.

Tiffin has a Asian Buffet,about 4 other Chinese Restaurants,and a host of others.

You need to make it yourself in a wok. Get a wok ring, and you can use a wok on an open enough grill. The circular charcoal grills are the best, because the lid, and sides don't get in the way.

You need to make it yourself in a wok. Get a wok ring, and you can use a wok on an open enough grill. The circular charcoal grills are the best, because the lid, and sides don't get in the way.

Thanks, Jade. I *have* a wok and a wok ring as well, but haven't used them since we moved here because electric stovetop. It's a hideous mess to clean up, best done on an industrial/commercial kitchen stove.

Thanks, Jade. I *have* a wok and a wok ring as well, but haven't used them since we moved here because electric stovetop. It's a hideous mess to clean up, best done on an industrial/commercial kitchen stove.

I bought a wok, but it ended up not fitting on the gas grill. The neighbors have a portable fire pit thing, I've used though. Made pork stir fry, with Chinese noodles, bamboo shoots, onions, mini corn, the chili's I got from Thailand, fish sauce, and Szechuan peppercorn.

I bought a wok, but it ended up not fitting on the gas grill. The neighbors have a portable fire pit thing, I've used though. Made pork stir fry, with Chinese noodles, bamboo shoots, onions, mini corn, the chili's I got from Thailand, fish sauce, and Szechuan peppercorn.

No bean sprouts?

Back