Jade's Recipe Exchange.

If it is warm enough it should be rooting....

I got my cuttings from the grocery store (bought a bunch in the herb section)... Just took a couple of the woodyer stems & pulled off some leaves & put it in water (warmer here) & in a couple weeks it had lots of roots, just stuck it in the ground & off it goes...

Hope yours does well..

Thanks! Mine just came in root form. I wonder if it wasn't treated with something to restrict sprouting.

Michigan soil is always pretty sandy near the lakes. My neighbor always mixes his soil with Dairy Doo. Alone the sand is perfect for irises, and other flowers that don't like wet roots. I've always had trouble growing carrots, so I bought a beneficial bacteria, and fungi fertilizer, that helps roots grow big, and strong. Something needed in sandy soils. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VJN8XTC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cool, thanks. I put out some Mycogrow stuff last year, going to bump it up this one.

https://fungi.com/collections/mycogrow

I was streaming food network, and they had a burger made from a top Cincinnati chef. It was made with the lean meatier cuts, and he actually mixed chilled butter chunk into the grind. The leaner cuts may be dry, but they have more flavor.

I'm not going to pay the high price of Bison to have a dry burger!

I'm not going to pay the high price of Bison to have a dry burger!

There are lots of other uses for it, besides a burger.. If you go back a few pages through the thread you will see several great options for it..

As it has little fat there isn't much to hold it together like ground beef.. You can use an egg or other binder for a burger though..

There are lots of other uses for it, besides a burger.. If you go back a few pages through the thread you will see several great options for it..

As it has little fat there isn't much to hold it together like ground beef.. You can use an egg or other binder for a burger though..

I was replying to Grinds post about Burgers

That's not supposed to be healthy!
Says who? I don't do 24 hr fasts, although I could. I usually fast for around 16 or 18.

It's actually supposed to be very healthy. Especially if you enter into a phase called autophagy, which eliminates old damaged cells and resets everything. It's been said it reduces inflammation. And by limiting the amount of time you eat, it reduces your calorie intake. Of course, it has to be done gradually but since I usually eat a low carb diet I was already fat adapted so fasting doesn't bother me.

Says who? I don't do 24 hr fasts, although I could. I usually fast for around 16 or 18.

It's actually supposed to be very healthy. Especially if you enter into a phase called autophagy, which eliminates old damaged cells and resets everything. It's been said it reduces inflammation. And by limiting the amount of time you eat, it reduces your calorie intake. Of course, it has to be done gradually but since I usually eat a low carb diet I was already fat adapted so fasting doesn't bother me.

But it's a good way to have sugar spikes.
Once in a while,probably a good thing,but not everyday.

I'd get to shaky,we eat our main meal after the pool,and a snack or sandwich early evening,and we stay up late.Before the pool,I chew ginger,or a few almonds.
Right, it would take quite a while to adjust to it so it wouldn't be wise for anyone to jump into it.

As I said, I have been on low carb for quite some time so I weaned myself off sugar and carbs long ago and don't feel those effects when I fast. It actually has the opposite effect and I don't feel hungry at all.

Right, it would take quite a while to adjust to it so it wouldn't be wise for anyone to jump into it.

As I said, I have been on low carb for quite some time so I weaned myself off sugar and carbs long ago and don't feel those effects when I fast. It actually has the opposite effect and I don't feel hungry at all.

Carbs,is kind of a trick word,there is a big difference between broccoli and a donut!both carbs!

Carbs,is kind of a trick word,there is a big difference between broccoli and a donut!both carbs!
Yes, broccoli has much less carbs and includes fiber.

However, the carbs in broccoli raise glucose just the same as the carbs in donuts.

Carbs and sugar have the same effect on your blood sugar whether it comes from a glass of orange juice, carrots or a candy bar.

That's not supposed to be healthy!

It's supposed to help with some things, but can cause issues with other things. Main things up front, is the slow metabolism, and energy levels. It's not something you do if you have a labor intensive job, or you exercise a lot. In some people it can lead to gorging on food, and it can lead to gallstones eventually.

Yes, broccoli has much less carbs and includes fiber.

However, the carbs in broccoli raise glucose just the same as the carbs in donuts.

Carbs and sugar have the same effect on your blood sugar whether it comes from a glass of orange juice, carrots or a candy bar.

So if you don't eat carbs,what's left besides protein and fats?

Back