JD Vance's Team Says He Won't Debate Kamala Harris Ahead Of The DNC

I would hope that the true swing states see the folly of allowing trump anywhere near the White House. I understand the doubts about Biden's age, but that issue is gone.

I have concerns about losing a Senator or Governor from a Red/Swing state to be V.P.. Ideally, you win a swing state by addressing the issues that concern them. Not by screeching at them about their pet peeves that you cannot possibly do anything about.

Operative word 'ideally'. I truly believe that Harris at the top of the ticket renewed a bit of normalcy to this race. She can articulate every flaw in every idiotic thing that trump/Vance say.
Keep an eye on polls for those states. :)

I agree Pete would be good , but Kelly would carry some swing states and would get the Vets vote.
Kelly would take away the advantage the right got thinking Vance would bring in that vote,
Kelly is a REAL war VET and not just somebody that was in the military that wrote stories about REAL war vets.
Kelly would wipe the floor with Vance.
Have a nice day
I would love to see him as VP. I think though that the (D)s would not want to lose his Senate seat to an (R) in Arizona. It's sad that they have to play strategy like this rather than choosing the best person for the job.

That's just as good. Harris can berate him every day, referring to him as a coward. He doesn't 'debate' anyway. He just lies about topics that don't even resemble the question. I'd rather he doesn't debate, and has to listen to Harris call him an uneducated coward every day.
His cult will jeer her and cheer him for not condescending to meet with the mere female, changing no one's mind there. But your scenario would definitely sway anyone out there who's still on the fence.

His cult will jeer her and cheer him for not condescending to meet with the mere female, changing no one's mind there. But your scenario would definitely sway anyone out there who's still on the fence.
Pretty sure there are no fence sitters anymore. This will just be reality t.v.. The only thing trump knows.

Keep an eye on polls for those states. :)
Yep. This is the honeymoon phase. She only goes down from here, or stays the same. The beauty of this scenario is that she will run under Biden's platform...not against him as a primary challenger.

Her past policy positions, and tenure as D.A. really won't haunt her in this position.

well I really haven't thought that one out. but I can see Kelly doing a good job as VP and going on down the line to be President some day.
couldn't you just see the Repuks heads spinning?
Have a nice day
That's certainly true, but big picture is also having control of the House/Senate. If Dems lose their thin majority in the Senate, then all is naught. Granted, Arizona has indeed changed over the years, but Kelly/Giffords are heroes in the state. I'm not sure who would be ready to step up in a special election?

That's certainly true, but big picture is also having control of the House/Senate. If Dems lose their thin majority in the Senate, then all is naught. Granted, Arizona has indeed changed over the years, but Kelly/Giffords are heroes in the state. I'm not sure who would be ready to step up in a special election?
well if they found a replacement for Kelly I would like to see him run as VP.
If not I would like to see Tammy Duckworth run.
Kelly and Duckworth both take away any advantage the Republicans think they got by putting Vance up .
they are BOTH actual war vets , Vance was nothing more then somebody in the rear writing stories about the REAL war vets like Duckworth and Kelly.
Duckworth is a disabled vet who lost her legs flying a Helicopter fighting in that war. , who in the House and the Senate has fought for women's rights and has done a LOT for the American vets.
again either one would be a good choice.
Have a nice day

well if they found a replacement for Kelly I would like to see him run as VP.
If not I would like to see Tammy Duckworth run.
Kelly and Duckworth both take away any advantage the Republicans think they got by putting Vance up .
they are BOTH actual war vets , Vance was nothing more then somebody in the rear writing stories about the REAL war vets like Duckworth and Kelly.
Duckworth is a disabled vet who lost her legs flying a Helicopter fighting in that war. , who in the House and the Senate has fought for women's rights and has done a LOT for the American vets.
again either one would be a good choice.
Have a nice day
Vance was Don Jr's coke buddy. Dumb and Dumber forced their daddy to choose Vance. He won't be around much longer.

I don't know if a veteran as VP inspires military to vote Dem? Biden has been better to veterans than trump was, and if that's not enough to garner support, I don't know if VP helps?

Vance was Don Jr's coke buddy. Dumb and Dumber forced their daddy to choose Vance. He won't be around much longer.

I don't know if a veteran as VP inspires military to vote Dem? Biden has been better to veterans than trump was, and if that's not enough to garner support, I don't know if VP helps?
well Duckworth has done a LOT for vets and so has Kelly .
IMO if what they have done for vets gets out it may change some vets minds because they can see both of them are doing a lot of good for them and their vet friends
Have a nice day

Yep. This is the honeymoon phase. She only goes down from here, or stays the same. The beauty of this scenario is that she will run under Biden's platform...not against him as a primary challenger.

Her past policy positions, and tenure as D.A. really won't haunt her in this position.
IDK. In her favor, there's those who'll be voting for Harris, those who will be voting for the "D" and those who will be voting against Trump.

There's also the RFK factor where polls indicated Harris takes a lead and RFK supporters siphon off votes from Trump.

IDK. In her favor, there's those who'll be voting for Harris, those who will be voting for the "D" and those who will be voting against Trump.

There's also the RFK factor where polls indicated Harris takes a lead and RFK supporters siphon off votes from Trump.
Like yourself, there is a huge contingent in this nation that simply cannot vote for trump. It doesn't matter if they don't vote for Harris. She has the Dems en masse now, and a vast majority of educated Independents. She has non whites, and college kids. What could the trump campaign possibly do to ruin her run? Claim she was mean to black criminals while D.A.?

Agree about Kennedy. He is now a solid detriment to trump. Previously he was also a protest vote against Biden. The nation knows what is at stake here. I believe they really feared a Biden tenure solely because they question his mental capacity. Ironic, because I'd rather have a drooler with a great staff, over a narcissist who plans to be king.

Just today, a top pundit (can't remember which) agreed with me. I don't think Vance will be the VP. In fact, I'm betting that trump courts Haley or Stefanik.

Probably the former, which will make for quite a shit show when her primary comments denigrating trump are all over the t.v..
Will Republicans change the rules to allow him to do this? There is a lengthily process to change a candidate once they’ve been confirmed.

This thread is stupid or dated. Vance is running for VP. He will debate whoever Harris chooses for VP. He will not debate Kamala. She is who Trump will try to avoid debating.
It is possible that Vance and Trump will both opt out of debating.

The KKK left the Democratic Party with the Dixiecrats who later became Republicans.
Proof? Because I grew up about 20 miles from Vidor Texas and the Democrats were KKK members, local mayor and city council, and held KKK meetings at the local High School gymnasium. The myth that Democrats are no longer KKK is just that a myth.

Last edited:
This thread is stupid or dated. Vance is running for VP. He will debate whoever Harris chooses for VP. He will not debate Kamala. She is who Trump will try to avoid debating.
It is possible that Vance and Trump will both opt out of debating.
She is already wanting to pick who puts on the debate and when it is held. Nope the Dems got to do that ONCE now its the GOP's turn. I'm voting for Fox and Hannity and the day after the DNC.

Proof? Because I grew up about 20 miles from Vidor Texas and the Democrats were KKK members, local mayor and city council, and held KKK meetings at the local High School gymnasium. The myth that Democrats are no longer KKK is just that a myth.
The KKK is a right-wing almost entirely Republican organization. Michigan still has the clan in rural areas. Don't go there with an Obama sticker. It still exists. They helped McVeigh build the Oklahoma bomb.https://eu.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2021/07/29/kkks-legacy-hate-mid-michigan/7797244002/

Back