Jill Biden's cat quest: My recommendations

Nice music in the vid too!

We have a rescue cat named Boots. Unfortunately he came with that name. He's always well-dressed in a tuxedo with white gloves. He had been placed in the shelter twice before we got him. A sign on his cage warned that he "may have medical problems" so he was basically on Death Row. He was scruffy and skinny with a dull coat but that's who the wife wanted.
We've had him for about six yrs. now and when we go to bed he literally goes to sleep with his front leg wrapped around my wife's neck and his face buried in her shoulder.

Nice music in the vid too!

We have a rescue cat named Boots. Unfortunately he came with that name. He's always well-dressed in a tuxedo with white gloves. He had been placed in the shelter twice before we got him. A sign on his cage warned that he "may have medical problems" so he was basically on Death Row. He was scruffy and skinny with a dull coat but that's who the wife wanted.
We've had him for about six yrs. now and when we go to bed he literally goes to sleep with his front leg wrapped around my wife's neck and his face buried in her shoulder.

God bless you and your wife for helping out our homeless furry friends

I have loved cats since I was a little boy. But I was crazy about all animals from the start. From 6 years old on, I could not get enough of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, and I begged my father to take me to all the petting zoos between Montreal and Wash DC.

I personally think it speaks well of a person if cats are comfortable around them. Anyone who consistently terrifies cats tends to raise my spidey senses.
Same here. When I was 8 a stray had kittens in the rocks in our landscaping. She became our outdoor cat (everyone has allergies), and like clockwork she had a litter the third week of March, and the third week of July. It never dawned on my parents to spay her, but it was the 60's/70's.

I became the midwife as I got older. I always knew when she was ready, so I'd make a box with shredded paper. More often than not, she'd wait for me to get home from school, and immediately jump in the box and deliver her babies.

It took about 1 year from when we first found her until she stopped leaving to have her kittens, and move them 'home' after a few weeks.

I should have phrased my original comment differently. Everyone who claims to hate cats, only hates them until they get one.

In many cases, it definitely is a macho thing.

Same here. When I was 8 a stray had kittens in the rocks in our landscaping. She became our outdoor cat (everyone has allergies), and like clockwork she had a litter the third week of March, and the third week of July. It never dawned on my parents to spay her, but it was the 60's/70's.

I became the midwife as I got older. I always knew when she was ready, so I'd make a box with shredded paper. More often than not, she'd wait for me to get home from school, and immediately jump in the box and deliver her babies.

It took about 1 year from when we first found her until she stopped leaving to have her kittens, and move them 'home' after a few weeks.

I should have phrased my original comment differently. Everyone who claims to hate cats, only hates them until they get one.

In many cases, it definitely is a macho thing.

Jolly good for you chap!

Back