Jill Biden's cat quest: My recommendations

Hello Althea,

Yeah, good story. I think there's a part of being macho that includes thinking anybody with a cat is weak.

<snip>

I believe the claim that cats are not for macho guys is a posture mostly held by INCELs or other dudes who are over-compensating.

I like cats and dogs.

But in the law of the jungle,
Cats are predators.
Dogs are scavengers.

In my experience, in homes shared with dogs and cats, the cat usually dominates the dog.

The feline razor claws are the animal world's most terrifying weapon

Cats are not pack animals

Dogs are

That is why a cat is allowed space to be a cat by a dog

Tolerance

Wolfs are not merely scavengers

Cats are not pack animals

Dogs are

That is why a cat is allowed space to be a cat by a dog

Tolerance

Wolfs are not merely scavengers

You are right, wolf, coyote, and African wild dog packs hunt.

I have always been impressed with the physical ability of the feline: the balance, the grace, the sensory perceptions, the weaponry, the physical awareness of their surroundings. I would say that felines have evolved to be the most natural and effective predators in the terrestrial environment.

Is the spot in front of your lovely wood stove a fought-over cherished bit of rug?

That really is Cabot's spot. (He's the skinny guy furthest to the right in the picture.) He prefers the hearth when the stove is burning, actually. Cooper (the black and white...and Nappy (the Maine coon) both prefer cooler spots.

Super video. Reminds me of my first cat, Cat. He just did not like dogs...and had claws from here to Hell and back. Our neighbor had a huge dog that used to burrow into our yard under a fence. It was almost painful to watch him struggle to get away when Cat attacked.

But what about the little gray one under the stove?

Isn’t it your cat too?

Wow...good eyes, Evince.

Yup...ours also. And we have another under an end table...and maybe four or five others around the house.

We also have a cartoon under an oreo cookie magnet on our refrigerator. I shows a woman speaking with her husband. Both are wearing sweaters with cats knitted on them...there is a cat festooned throw quilt on the sofa...the walls all have pictures of cats on them...and there are three cats playing on the floor. She is saying, "I am so glad we never had kids. They take up all of your life."

Back