Joe Biden tells rally ‘I am running and going to win again’ in defiant speech

Following the cool kids. Sorry, I see nothing good in bashing Biden. I think it is pathetic.
LOL, I am sixty eight years old, and I am not a follower. I am a dispassionate, intelligent observer. There was no one to follow a half hour into the debate. And I knew there was a huge problem right then and there. Your answer was not serious. Sorry.

LOL, I am sixty eight years old, and I am not a follower. I am a dispassionate, intelligent observer. There was no one to follow a half hour into the debate. And I knew there was a huge problem right then and there. Your answer was not serious. Sorry.
I saw the debate. Nothing to get hysterical about. I hate the Biden bashers more than Trump supporters.

What boggles my mind is, people who watched Biden during the debate and feel he's too old to run again are urging him to drop out. Yet people who watched the weeks and weeks of trump's trial and convictions still think he'd be a better candidate. I never saw even one news article asking trump to drop out after his convictions. Not to say there weren't any, just that I didn't see any. In what universe is this okay. </rhetorical>
The demographic of the Biden and Trump voters is very different. Trump appeals to a less educated, older white population that feels disaffected. I also believe that journalists should not and have not called for Biden to drop from the race. They are reporting what others are saying. The NYT EDITORIAL PAGE took the position that he should withdraw. That is not 'the press'. That is an editorial. Same with all of these network pundits. We seem to get confused about what is journalism, and what is opinion. Trump lied about absolutely everything during the debate. At his core, he is a narcissist, very low intelligence level, and zero empathy. IMHO, it is the role of the PRESS to report that those are lies. He is not a tenth of the man that Biden is. Which is why I'm confident that he will make the right decision. What's funny is that I have, at no time, expressed the opinion that he should drop out. What I did say is that the questions that were raised as a result of the debate are legitimate, and that the administration has badly mishandled the aftermath. I think that some people see motivations that are simply not there. Suggesting that I'm voicing concerns because I want to be one of the 'cool kids' is insulting and dismissive. These are serious times, and they require serious, thoughtful discussion. This should not be a pissing contest, but it appears to be turning into just that. Color me disappointed.

I saw the debate. Nothing to get hysterical about. I hate the Biden bashers more than Trump supporters.
I am not hysterical. What I saw was incredibly concerning, and it was a massive missed opportunity in a race that will not have that many.

The demographic of the Biden and Trump voters is very different. Trump appeals to a less educated, older white population that feels disaffected. I also believe that journalists should not and have not called for Biden to drop from the race. They are reporting what others are saying. The NYT EDITORIAL PAGE took the position that he should withdraw. That is not 'the press'. That is an editorial. Same with all of these network pundits. We seem to get confused about what is journalism, and what is opinion. Trump lied about absolutely everything during the debate. At his core, he is a narcissist, very low intelligence level, and zero empathy. IMHO, it is the role of the PRESS to report that those are lies. He is not a tenth of the man that Biden is. Which is why I'm confident that he will make the right decision. What's funny is that I have, at no time, expressed the opinion that he should drop out. What I did say is that the questions that were raised as a result of the debate are legitimate, and that the administration has badly mishandled the aftermath. I think that some people see motivations that are simply not there. Suggesting that I'm voicing concerns because I want to be one of the 'cool kids' is insulting and dismissive. These are serious times, and they require serious, thoughtful discussion. This should not be a pissing contest, but it appears to be turning into just that. Color me disappointed.
I am disappointed that some Democrats are tearing down the party. Trump thanks you.

I am not hysterical. What I saw was incredibly concerning, and it was a massive missed opportunity in a race that will not have that many.
I think it is overreaction. Completely unjustified. I think our whole nation has been corrupted by Trump/GOP fascism.

I think it is overreaction. Completely unjustified. I think our whole nation has been corrupted by Trump/GOP fascism.
And I think differently. Your response is to insult me. Not sure exactly why you think that’s productive but whatever.

Go read the transcript

What was said matters more than appearances
Unfortunately that is not the case for most Americans. It’s the reality that we live in. Style has become more important than substance.

Unfortunately that is not the case for most Americans. It’s the reality that we live in. Style has become more important than substance.
I am an American who watched the debate. Biden did fine. Something is wrong with Democrats trashing Biden. A self-destructive impulse.

Back