Joe Biden tells rally ‘I am running and going to win again’ in defiant speech

Bear with me as I make this hackneyed sports analogy. Back in 1970 (yes, this dates me), the Minnesota Vikings were playing the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl 4. The Vikings were heavy favorites, and I couldn't wait to watch the Vikings trounce the Chiefs. They were just way better, and Hank Stram would not shut up in the days leading up the game. Bud Grant, the stoic Vikings coach was going to let the game speak for itself. Final score, KC 23, Minnesota 7.

A trouncing. I had that same feeling watching the debate. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Biden would do anything other than destroy Trump. But the reality is that he simply could not do it. And it is becoming apparent that Biden was being managed not because he looked frail and stumbled with his words, but because he was having periods where his cognitive ability was diminished. At the debate, this become very apparent. And the excuses offered by the Administration simple don't cut it with me, and there is no one who wants to see Trump defeated more than I do. So I don't think this is just the media, or just the donors. It's people like me (I did not need to be told this was a disaster, I figured it out on my own).

It's a problem, and I hope it is addressed quickly. Biden was noto my first choice, but what he accomplished was nothing short of a miracle. I don't think he's up to it any longer. It makes me sad, but Trump is too great a threat to get sentimental. Again, my take. I understand completely that not everyone agrees, and that's okay. Ultimately, it will be up to President Biden. I am absolutely confident that whatever he decides, he will put the country before the party and before his personal interest. He has more integrity and compassion in his little finger than Trump or any of his supporters have in their entire makeup. Plain and simple.
How many debates did Obama lose and then won?

You are destroying our chances

The voters already chose Biden

Stop doing the bidding of the wealthy donors instead of the people.

This is a fucking Democracy remember?

The people bashing Biden know they are helping Trump. They would be fine if Trump wins.

Biden has already said, repeatedly--today--he is running for President. Very suspicious people keep saying he has to make a decision.
Of course he is saying that. And if he withdraws, he will say it right up to the point where he makes that decision. I believe that decision will be driven by data, and by the opinions of people that have the President's trust. I do not agree that this is some insidious media plot, any more than I believed the media was out to get Trump. Half the country doesn't realize that Trump was convicted of a felony. People on these boards tend to be more informed and aware, but most of the country is too busy with summer vacations and putting food on the table to watch hours of media coverage. What they DID see is the debate, and it has formed opinions that will be evident once the polling has been in the field long enough to reflect that. Getting angry at someone like me really does serve much of a purpose. I'm fairly intelligent and very analytical. My opinion is shaped by observations and data. Behind the scenes, there are decisions being made, and preparations are being made. But to ignore what unfolded during the debate would be malpractice. It was bad, it was age related, and it will have an impact on how voters feel, and whether they will turn out. I'm not trying to be difficult, and I find it a bit odd that you are attacking this viewpoint with such rage. I guess we'll see, but I am certainly not shooting from the hip on this. It is a serious issue that has, 10 days later, still not been properly addressed.

Of course he is saying that. And if he withdraws, he will say it right up to the point where he makes that decision. I believe that decision will be driven by data, and by the opinions of people that have the President's trust. I do not agree that this is some insidious media plot, any more than I believed the media was out to get Trump. Half the country doesn't realize that Trump was convicted of a felony. People on these boards tend to be more informed and aware, but most of the country is too busy with summer vacations and putting food on the table to watch hours of media coverage. What they DID see is the debate, and it has formed opinions that will be evident once the polling has been in the field long enough to reflect that. Getting angry at someone like me really does serve much of a purpose. I'm fairly intelligent and very analytical. My opinion is shaped by observations and data. Behind the scenes, there are decisions being made, and preparations are being made. But to ignore what unfolded during the debate would be malpractice. It was bad, it was age related, and it will have an impact on how voters feel, and whether they will turn out. I'm not trying to be difficult, and I find it a bit odd that you are attacking this viewpoint with such rage. I guess we'll see, but I am certainly not shooting from the hip on this. It is a serious issue that has, 10 days later, still not been properly addressed.
Look...tired of you Biden bashers.

The wealthy donors don't form my opinions. The media does not form my opinions. I observe, I try to think critically, and I look at the data. I'm really surprised at the anger over this. We have the same goal, to defeat Trump and make sure we have a large voter turnout. In my view, these questions are legitimate. Do you think wealthy Democratic donors want Trump to win? I don't. I don't think their opinion should have any more weight than anyone elses, but to suggest this is all based on the media and wealthy donors ignores the reality that people like me saw that debate, and determined that the candidate we saw cannot win. No one told me that. My wife and I were horrified. Long before the debate was over and we heard the analysis. That is the reality of where we are.

The people bashing Biden know they are helping Trump. They would be fine if Trump wins.
Again, no one is bashing Biden. They are expressing legitimate concerns. Do you have the impression that I'm bashing Biden? Do you have the impression that I want Trump to win? Let me disabuse you of that notion. You could not be more wrong.

Again, no one is bashing Biden. They are expressing legitimate concerns. Do you have the impression that I'm bashing Biden? Do you have the impression that I want Trump to win? Let me disabuse you of that notion. You could not be more wrong.
A strategic failure. Same idiots who pushed Hillary on us. A conservative, corporate, agenda by centrist Democrats.

A strategic failure. Same idiots who pushed Hillary on us. A conservative, corporate, agenda by centrist Democrats.
I agree about Hillary. It felt like a coronation to me rather than a fair process. This is very, very different IMHO. I get the feeling you are a Sanders supporter. Am I wrong? I'm really curious. Biden is very much a centrist.

I agree about Hillary. It felt like a coronation to me rather than a fair process. This is very, very different IMHO. I get the feeling you are a Sanders supporter. Am I wrong? I'm really curious. Biden is very much a centrist.
Biden is more of a progressive than many in the party. I have no idea what Sanders has to do with this. Obviously I am a Biden supporter.

You had better get ready for a HUGE disappointment then. Now go sober up for your Uber Eats dinner run.

I wish I subscribed so I could cancel. But I still read it on line. Not so much now, they're realy disgusting in their Biden bashing. Irresponsible and like FOX news.
So now they are starting to tell the truth about Joe's Dementia, like Fox has for years.

What boggles my mind is, people who watched Biden during the debate and feel he's too old to run again are urging him to drop out. Yet people who watched the weeks and weeks of trump's trial and convictions still think he'd be a better candidate. I never saw even one news article asking trump to drop out after his convictions. Not to say there weren't any, just that I didn't see any. In what universe is this okay. </rhetorical>

I wish I subscribed so I could cancel. But I still read it on line. Not so much now, they're realy disgusting in their Biden bashing. Irresponsible and like FOX news.
They still send me headlines every day, maybe in the hopes I'll get religion and sign up again.

What boggles my mind is, people who watched Biden during the debate and feel he's too old to run again are urging him to drop out. Yet people who watched the weeks and weeks of trump's trial and convictions still think he'd be a better candidate. I never saw even one news article asking trump to drop out after his convictions. Not to say there weren't any, just that I didn't see any. In what universe is this okay. </rhetorical>
Exactly. NYTimes wrote that BIDEN should withdraw. They never editorialized that Trump should withdraw.

Biden is more of a progressive than many in the party. I have no idea what Sanders has to do with this. Obviously I am a Biden supporter.
I am more progressive than Biden. But I'm also aware that governing is the art of understanding what is possible. No one has a magic wand. But Biden was incredibly effective. Frankly, I want to hear that Biden supports a wealth tax, expansion of the court, Medicare for all, an increase in the tax rate on capital gains, taxing repatriated profits, the elimination of the cap on wages subject to SS withholding..... I think you see where I am on the scale. I also consider Trump and his enablers to be an existential threat to the country. So, serious question, what do you think is my motivation for raising these concerns? Why do you think I would do that?

Back