Joe Biden tells rally ‘I am running and going to win again’ in defiant speech

How will you feel if Trump win?
How will you feel if Biden doesn't withdraw and Trump wins? Nothing is certain, but in my mind (and clearly in the minds of many highly respected Democrats), Biden cannot win. Is this ideal? Hardly. But Trump is an incredibly weak candidate. It's a roll of the dice, but Biden staying in the race seems like a sure loser to me.

How will you feel if Biden doesn't withdraw and Trump wins? Nothing is certain, but in my mind (and clearly in the minds of many highly respected Democrats), Biden cannot win. Is this ideal? Hardly. But Trump is an incredibly weak candidate. It's a roll of the dice, but Biden staying in the race seems like a sure loser to me.
Biden will beat Trump. But I have to say, it is shocking to me that some want Biden out.
Trump could not ask for more.
Our nation is seriously fucked up. Dems attacking Biden are assholes.

This is how nations collapse.

Biden will beat Trump. But I have to say, it is shocking to me that some want Biden out.
Trump could not ask for more.
Our nation is seriously fucked up. Dems attacking Biden are assholes.

This is how nations collapse.
No one is 'attacking' Biden. They are making an objective evaluation. You may be right, THEY may be right, but to suggest they are acting irresponsibly is an opinion, and one that I don't share.

No one is 'attacking' Biden. They are making an objective evaluation. You may be right, THEY may be right, but to suggest they are acting irresponsibly is an opinion, and one that I don't share.
No, not objective. The conservatives in the party want Trump. Sorry, sick of this shit.

It is fact. I have never seen the Democrats this fucked up. They are assuring a Trump win.

I knew Hillary was a loser and they pushed for her.
No, it is not a fact, it is your opinion. And I can tell you that I am most certainly NOT a conservative Democrat, and I know of no conservative Democrats that want Trump. David Axelrod is most certainly not a conservative Democrat. What IS an objective statement is that Joe Biden was not able to complete the answers to a number of questions during the debate.

The response of Biden's inner circle has been an unmitigated disaster. They have mishandled this at every turn. They should fire Jean-Pierre. She was awful during those press briefings. We can disagree, but to suggest there is some Democratic plot to get Trump elected just misses the mark completely.

Biden's withdrawal from the race now feels inevitable to me. Running against Donald Trump requires more than just a grasp of policies. It requires street fighting skills, and it does not appear to me that Biden is capable of engaging on the level necessary to beat Trump. I also have legitimate concerns about Bidens cognitive abilities in four years. It appears to me that they have diminished in a fairly short time. I think it may happen this week.
I don't believe Biden's going to withdraw. Of course his age is a factor but not the only factor, experience counts. For example, I would take financial advice from 93 year-old Warren Buffett today over 78 year-old trump any day of the week. I'd value the opinion of a terminally-ill Steven Hawking over that of some fake cosmology expert. IMO integrity and character are right up there with experience in what I want from a candidate.

I don't believe Biden's going to withdraw. Of course his age is a factor but not the only factor, experience counts. For example, I would take financial advice from 93 year-old Warren Buffett today over 78 year-old trump any day of the week. I'd value the opinion of a terminally-ill Steven Hawking over that of some fake cosmology expert. IMO integrity and character are right up there with experience in what I want from a candidate.
This is my take. I believe Biden is capable of governing. But I don't believe he can be the head of a ticket that has to win and win HUGE. The problem now is that we are low information or misinformation voters, so they think Biden is a pedophile. They think violent crime has skyrocketed. They think immigrants are stealing 'black jobs'. They think grocery prices have doubled. They think the stock market is down. And when Trump told those outlandish lies, Joe simply was unable to counterpunch. There is a reason Biden's team wanted a debate this early. It was supposed to be a wake-up call to those undecided voters. It had the opposite impact. It's sad, but pretending it didn't happen isn't an option. Unfortunately, the administration has tried to pretend it didn't. If China invades Taiwan, it may not happen during Joes waking hours. That worries me. And the administration has acted like that's okay. Just make sure he's rested enough. The Trump ads write themselves. 'China just needs to wait for Joe to have a cold'. Damn, that does not work for me.

This is my take. I believe Biden is capable of governing. But I don't believe he can be the head of a ticket that has to win and win HUGE. The problem now is that we are low information or misinformation voters, so they think Biden is a pedophile. They think violent crime has skyrocketed. They think immigrants are stealing 'black jobs'. They think grocery prices have doubled. They think the stock market is down. And when Trump told those outlandish lies, Joe simply was unable to counterpunch. There is a reason Biden's team wanted a debate this early. It was supposed to be a wake-up call to those undecided voters. It had the opposite impact. It's sad, but pretending it didn't happen isn't an option. Unfortunately, the administration has tried to pretend it didn't. If China invades Taiwan, it may not happen during Joes waking hours. That worries me. And the administration has acted like that's okay. Just make sure he's rested enough. The Trump ads write themselves. 'China just needs to wait for Joe to have a cold'. Damn, that does not work for me.
Thanks for helping the Republicans

Biden's withdrawal from the race now feels inevitable to me. Running against Donald Trump requires more than just a grasp of policies. It requires street fighting skills, and it does not appear to me that Biden is capable of engaging on the level necessary to beat Trump. I also have legitimate concerns about Bidens cognitive abilities in four years. It appears to me that they have diminished in a fairly short time. I think it may happen this week.
Then you dont know Biden

This is strategically sub optimal to say the least. Trump should be an easy candidate to defeat but clearly we aren't in that particular multiverse. Instead we have somehow wound up with a candidate that stands a really good chance of losing. Clearly Biden is far too old for this game (as is Trump but at least Trump is still able to sorta-kinda communicate).

The real problem is: if the Dems switch horses at this point in the stream it puts the candidate chosen really on the back foot. Kamala has been in cold-storage and no one has seen her for 4 years and besides the Right has done their usual demonization of a female candidate and she does have some baggage of her own, so she's probably not the perfect fit. Gavin Newsome will simply drive that "anti-California" contingent to lard on him all the lapses of California's current situation.

No matter who steps up, they will only have a couple of months to campaign and get voters on board.

All that being said I HONESTLY cannot understand how anyone would actually vote FOR Trump. I will accept that there is a hardcore base of his fans that will vote for him, but there should be no "fence sitter" who decides Trump is the best choice. No one could be that stupid. However I have been slowly reeducated on that assumption over the last 8 years.

now the oligarchs are trying to teach Dems the lesson of unquestioning submission.

you still game?

Back