Joe Biden tells rally ‘I am running and going to win again’ in defiant speech

This is strategically sub optimal to say the least. Trump should be an easy candidate to defeat but clearly we aren't in that particular multiverse. Instead we have somehow wound up with a candidate that stands a really good chance of losing. Clearly Biden is far too old for this game (as is Trump but at least Trump is still able to sorta-kinda communicate).

The real problem is: if the Dems switch horses at this point in the stream it puts the candidate chosen really on the back foot. Kamala has been in cold-storage and no one has seen her for 4 years and besides the Right has done their usual demonization of a female candidate and she does have some baggage of her own, so she's probably not the perfect fit. Gavin Newsome will simply drive that "anti-California" contingent to lard on him all the lapses of California's current situation.

No matter who steps up, they will only have a couple of months to campaign and get voters on board.

All that being said I HONESTLY cannot understand how anyone would actually vote FOR Trump. I will accept that there is a hardcore base of his fans that will vote for him, but there should be no "fence sitter" who decides Trump is the best choice. No one could be that stupid. However I have been slowly reeducated on that assumption over the last 8 years.
we have done our demonization of an idiot candidate.
:neat:

Biden will beat Trump. But I have to say, it is shocking to me that some want Biden out.
Trump could not ask for more.
Our nation is seriously fucked up. Dems attacking Biden are assholes.

This is how nations collapse.
Run an unofficial national referendum. Then if Biden is proven to be a liability, stfu.

How Biden won enough delegates to become the presumptive Democratic nominee​

By — Robert Yoon, Associated Press
By — Maya Sweedler, Associated Press
Politics Mar 12, 2024 8:10 PM EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden's path to unofficially clinching the Democratic nomination this year was much shorter and less dramatic than the one he followed in 2020, thanks to a Democratic electorate that still overwhelmingly picked him to top the party's ticket in November despite persistent concerns about his age. Of course, being the incumbent didn't hurt, either.
The

This is my take. I believe Biden is capable of governing. But I don't believe he can be the head of a ticket that has to win and win HUGE. The problem now is that we are low information or misinformation voters, so they think Biden is a pedophile. They think violent crime has skyrocketed. They think immigrants are stealing 'black jobs'. They think grocery prices have doubled. They think the stock market is down. And when Trump told those outlandish lies, Joe simply was unable to counterpunch. There is a reason Biden's team wanted a debate this early. It was supposed to be a wake-up call to those undecided voters. It had the opposite impact. It's sad, but pretending it didn't happen isn't an option. Unfortunately, the administration has tried to pretend it didn't. If China invades Taiwan, it may not happen during Joes waking hours. That worries me. And the administration has acted like that's okay. Just make sure he's rested enough. The Trump ads write themselves. 'China just needs to wait for Joe to have a cold'. Damn, that does not work for me.
Thanks, this was a good response. The only thing I'm questioning is the timing of the debate. trump was taunting about it for months and months... "anytime, anywhere, any place," I'm considering that Biden said yes this early to quell the talk from magats that Biden was afraid to debate trump.

Who know what goes on in trump's brain? He didn't even want to debate the repub possibles in the past. Then after he became the presumptive candidate, suddenly he was read to debate Biden. As I understand it a second debate is scheduled for September and trump wants no moderators. Can you imagine the mess that would be?

Run an unofficial national referendum. Then if Biden is proven to be a liability, stfu.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden's path to unofficially clinching the Democratic nomination this year was much shorter and less dramatic than the one he followed in 2020, thanks to a Democratic electorate that still overwhelmingly picked him to top the party's ticket in November despite persistent concerns about his age. Of course, being the incumbent didn't hurt, either.

The people have spoken ass breath

The people have spoken ass breath
Moon does not understand American government.

Thanks, this was a good response. The only thing I'm questioning is the timing of the debate. trump was taunting about it for months and months... "anytime, anywhere, any place," I'm considering that Biden said yes this early to quell the talk from magats that Biden was afraid to debate trump.

Who know what goes on in trump's brain? He didn't even want to debate the repub possibles in the past. Then after he became the presumptive candidate, suddenly he was read to debate Biden. As I understand it a second debate is scheduled for September and trump wants no moderators. Can you imagine the mess that would be?
And it’s coming from the media and a few wealthy donors

NOT THE ACTUAL VOTERS

Biden won enough delegates to become the presumptive Democratic nominee​

Then some shit bags came up with this fuck the voters plan

Bear with me as I make this hackneyed sports analogy. Back in 1970 (yes, this dates me), the Minnesota Vikings were playing the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl 4. The Vikings were heavy favorites, and I couldn't wait to watch the Vikings trounce the Chiefs. They were just way better, and Hank Stram would not shut up in the days leading up the game. Bud Grant, the stoic Vikings coach was going to let the game speak for itself. Final score, KC 23, Minnesota 7.

A trouncing. I had that same feeling watching the debate. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Biden would do anything other than destroy Trump. But the reality is that he simply could not do it. And it is becoming apparent that Biden was being managed not because he looked frail and stumbled with his words, but because he was having periods where his cognitive ability was diminished. At the debate, this become very apparent. And the excuses offered by the Administration simple don't cut it with me, and there is no one who wants to see Trump defeated more than I do. So I don't think this is just the media, or just the donors. It's people like me (I did not need to be told this was a disaster, I figured it out on my own).

It's a problem, and I hope it is addressed quickly. Biden was noto my first choice, but what he accomplished was nothing short of a miracle. I don't think he's up to it any longer. It makes me sad, but Trump is too great a threat to get sentimental. Again, my take. I understand completely that not everyone agrees, and that's okay. Ultimately, it will be up to President Biden. I am absolutely confident that whatever he decides, he will put the country before the party and before his personal interest. He has more integrity and compassion in his little finger than Trump or any of his supporters have in their entire makeup. Plain and simple.

Bear with me as I make this hackneyed sports analogy. Back in 1970 (yes, this dates me), the Minnesota Vikings were playing the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl 4. The Vikings were heavy favorites, and I couldn't wait to watch the Vikings trounce the Chiefs. They were just way better, and Hank Stram would not shut up in the days leading up the game. Bud Grant, the stoic Vikings coach was going to let the game speak for itself. Final score, KC 23, Minnesota 7.

A trouncing. I had that same feeling watching the debate. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Biden would do anything other than destroy Trump. But the reality is that he simply could not do it. And it is becoming apparent that Biden was being managed not because he looked frail and stumbled with his words, but because he was having periods where his cognitive ability was diminished. At the debate, this become very apparent. And the excuses offered by the Administration simple don't cut it with me, and there is no one who wants to see Trump defeated more than I do. So I don't think this is just the media, or just the donors. It's people like me (I did not need to be told this was a disaster, I figured it out on my own).

It's a problem, and I hope it is addressed quickly. Biden was noto my first choice, but what he accomplished was nothing short of a miracle. I don't think he's up to it any longer. It makes me sad, but Trump is too great a threat to get sentimental. Again, my take. I understand completely that not everyone agrees, and that's okay. Ultimately, it will be up to President Biden. I am absolutely confident that whatever he decides, he will put the country before the party and before his personal interest. He has more integrity and compassion in his little finger than Trump or any of his supporters have in their entire makeup. Plain and simple.

Biden has already said, repeatedly--today--he is running for President. Very suspicious people keep saying he has to make a decision.

Back