JonBenet "killer" a Serious mistake by

The Boulder DA's office has no credibility with any other law enforcement agency as long as this woman holds that office.

Instead the Boulder DA..

1. Believed a man who has made a fortune on movies and books about this case, who had previously put forward another faux "killer" in a movie, at the same time as grooming this Karr dude to be later presented as the same.
2. Didn't even do rudimentary due diligence to find out whether this was a realistic scenario. It only took the press 1 hour to find an estranged ex-wife who knew where he was on that day.
3. Spent Hundreds of Thousands of tax dollars on the most extravagent DNA test ever.

If it were my child that were killed, I want every stone unturned, and every possibility thoroughly examined.

Did she have legal jurisdication to detain hiem, put him under oath and do DNA testing in Thailand? Then it should have been done there.

Otherwise, I would have wanted her to bring him here and prove once and for all if this guy had a connection, based on the DNA

I'm no legal expert Damo, but wouldn't a confession be considered "evidence"?

No. Not in such a case where many weirdos "confessed" to the crime. Due diligence must be worked to find out whether it is a credible confession.

If it were my child that were killed, I want every stone unturned, and every possibility thoroughly examined.

Did she have legal jurisdication to detain hiem, put him under oath and do DNA testing in Thailand? Then it should have been done there.

Otherwise, I would have wanted her to bring him here and prove once and for all if this guy had a connection, based on the DNA

She could have asked them to watch him while a PI collected castoff DNA for testing. Then could have warned them not to hire the pedophile for a teaching job. Each would have cost minimally and given the same result without making her office into an international debacle.

She could have asked them to watch him while a PI collected castoff DNA for testing. Then could have warned them not to hire the pedophile for a teaching job. Each would have cost minimally and given the same result without making her office into an international debacle.

I'm sure it will all come out, whether there was legal jurisdiction for her to have the Thai police detain him, and do DNA testing, based on a crime that happpened in america.

I doubt either you or I know the law that well. If she didn't have jursidiction, she had no choice but to bring him here. The dude fit the profile of a potential suspect or person of interest.

As for the "debacle". That's the media's fault. She was the one telling the media to chill out. They went nuts, and got egg on their face. This is how lame our media is.

No. He was not charged with any crime in Thailand. I believe those were false reports. They arrested him for the Boulder DA.

Well, you're alternative solution is a bit convoluted for my tastes Damo. They had a murder confession. Crazy or not, they have to investigate it. I'm with Cypress, I'd want every stone unturned immediately and I'd want him in US jurisdiction as soon as possible.

I'm sure it will all come out, whether there was legal jurisdiction for her to have the Thai police detain him, and do DNA testing, based on a crime that happpened in america.

I doubt either you or I know the law that well. If she didn't have jursidiction, she had no choice but to bring him here. The dude fit the profile of a potential suspect or person of interest.

As for the "debacle". That's the media's fault. She was the one telling the media to chill out. They went nuts, and got egg on their face. This is how lame our media is.
Once again, there is no reason to detain him at all. Castoff DNA testing needs no warrants. She did have a choice whether or not to cause arrest and extradition, and she clearly made a poor choice. Instead of taking the minimal amount of due diligence we found that she hadn't even contacted the family or even stopped to check whether there was evicence that the guy was in Colorado at that time....

She made a bad mistake. Her office has lost credibility. This is Prosecuation 101 here. One doesn't have to be a lawyer to know she could have done a bit of investigating while asking people in Thailand to keep an eye on her "suspect" all without arresting and extraditing anybody and wasting all that money and credibility.

Well, you're alternative solution is a bit convoluted for my tastes Damo. They had a murder confession. Crazy or not, they have to investigate it. I'm with Cypress, I'd want every stone unturned immediately and I'd want him in US jurisdiction as soon as possible.
This is ridiculous. Arresting every kook that confessed to this crime would have bankrupted Boulder. Due diligence is part of her job.

So your alternative would have been to leave him there and face no charges?
Yes. Rather than one of the most expensive and public extraditions ever to face misdemeanor charges in a district other than the original arrest was for. Definitely. Once again, she could have warned authorities in Thailand about him.

Once again, there is no reason to detain him at all. Castoff DNA testing needs no warrants. She did have a choice whether or not to cause arrest and extradition, and she clearly made a poor choice. Instead of taking the minimal amount of due diligence we found that she hadn't even contacted the family or even stopped to check whether there was evicence that the guy was in Colorado at that time....

She made a bad mistake. Her office has lost credibility. This is Prosecuation 101 here. One doesn't have to be a lawyer to know she could have done a bit of investigating while asking people in Thailand to keep an eye on her "suspect" all without arresting and extraditing anybody and wasting all that money and credibility.

This was reported last night. The castoff DNA was inadequate to do a proper test. At least, thats what MSNBC reports. They needed an inner cheek swab.

And the dude fit the profile of a suspect, or person of interest. He was a child predator, he (evidently) knew or lived close to the ramsey's at one time, and he gave a "confession" to news reporters.

I think the DA would have been strung up by her heels if she didn't go all out, to prove whehter he did it or not.

She got him a ticket home and performed the due diligence. I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill

Why do y'all feel the need to defend this idiot? Really. So far there have been a ton of lawyers on the radio here talking about how stupid this woman is. Not even one has tried to defend her. The lead investigator of the case (retired about 2 years ago) also.

One lawyer was defending her until he found out all this other information and now he too is all over her behind...

She isn't a very smart or good DA, the lawyers in CO agree.

This was reported last night. The castoff DNA was inadequate to do a proper test. At least, thats what MSNBC reports. They needed an inner cheek swab.

And the dude fit the profile of a suspect, or person of interest. He was a child predator, he (evidently) knew or lived close to the ramsey's at one time, and he gave a "confession" to news reporters.

I think the DA would have been strung up by her heels if she didn't go all out, to prove whehter he did it or not.
Rubbish.

A piece of gum has as much DNA as an inner cheek swab, enough to verify that you have a good enough match to begin extradition for a more proper test.

Why do y'all feel the need to defend this idiot? Really. So far there have been a ton of lawyers on the radio here talking about how stupid this woman is. Not even one has tried to defend her. The lead investigator of the case (retired about 2 years ago) also.

One lawyer was defending her until he found out all this other information and now he too is all over her behind...

She isn't a very smart or good DA, the lawyers in CO agree.

Show me where I "defended" him.

Thanks.

My bad. You were talking about "her" not him.

I've also seen lawyers on TV saying she practiced due dilengence.

Her. It's a her. Why do you Democrats constantly assume that Mary Lacey is a man just because she is a DA?

;)

Every post saying that I am wrong is a defense of this woman's actions in this case. It isn't hard to point them out, they are above.

Rubbish.

A piece of gum has as much DNA as an inner cheek swab, enough to verify that you have a good enough match to begin extradition for a more proper test.

This was a DNA expert saying it on MSNBC.

I don't know if you're right, or if the DNA expert is right.

It will all come out eventually.

Back