JonBenet "killer" a Serious mistake by

ITs the media that blew this out of proportion, not the DA, in my opinion. The DA cant take child murder too seriously!
But they can make the decision to extradite prematurely and without cause because they fail to do due diligence before doing so. This would have all been avoided with a few phone calls. The Media did their job exactly as they should. It was the DA who created the circus.

Damo do you have numbers to support your outrage?
I don't really need them, LadyT. She could have spent a couple hundred dollars on phone calls or Tens of Thousands bringing him here. Which did she choose? She didn't even make sure he could be placed in Boulder before she spent her Credibility on this....

There is yet to be a full accounting for how much she spent, but it is clearly too much for the result when it becomes clearer all the time a simple rudimentary investigation would have netted the same result without the outlay of cost.

But they can make the decision to extradite prematurely and without cause because they fail to do due diligence before doing so. This would have all been avoided with a few phone calls. The Media did their job exactly as they should. It was the DA who created the circus.

Really? You believe that?

A ten-year old murder of a little blonde girl merited 24/7 coverage for a week? Even though there have probably been 20,000 murders of children since jon benet?

Really? You believe that?

A ten-year old murder of a little blonde girl merited 24/7 coverage for a week? Even though there have probably been 20,000 murders of children since jon benet?
It is a large interest story. They covered it. To say it is all their fault that this woman's foolishness became known is foolishness. The media did what it does. It presented a story that would get people to watch and make them some money. It IS their job to do so.

I think its a tabloid media cirucus that does not merit 24/7 coverage for a week.

Dozens of children are murdered every week.

There is yet to be a full accounting for how much she spent, but it is clearly too much for the result when it becomes clearer all the time a simple rudimentary investigation would have netted the same result without the outlay of cost.
And that a phone call of warning would have prevented him from becoming a teacher in Thailand... the "But is saved all those kids he wasn't teaching and hadn't even gotten the credentials to do so yet..." is disingenuous whine that could have been avoided without this circus act. Just the tiniest of due diligence and this would have been a different story and I would be talking up Lacy and her keen foresight.

I think its a tabloid media cirucus that does not merit 24/7 coverage for a week.

Dozens of children are murdered every week.
And dozens of women yet OJ's trial became popular. The Media presents what it thinks will get the most viewers it is what it exists to do.

And dozens of women yet OJ's trial became popular. The Media presents what it thinks will get the most viewers it is what it exists to do.

Okay, so its the fault of the media and the viewing public for their lurid and unmerited tabloid fascination with a ten-year old murder case.

I don't see how that's the DA's fault. She seemed to be the only one publically telling people to chill out. The media fiasco is our fault, and the media's fault.

I'm saying her "fault" is wasting time and money on an investigation that could have ended with several phone calls and a warning to authorities in another place....

I'm not faulting her for the media, I'm faulting her for being poor at her job.

I'm saying her "fault" is wasting time and money on an investigation that could have ended with several phone calls and a warning to authorities in another place....

I'm not faulting her for the media, I'm faulting her for being poor at her job.

I understand that is the new spin from the talking heads on the corporate media. The media is pissed that they were made to look fools. I know how this game is played, I've seen it dozens of times. The media will never examine itself for culpability.

So they will "speculate" on what the DA "did wrong". Its all speculation at this point. We don't know all the facts of the case.

I understand that is the new spin from the talking heads on the corporate media. The media is pissed that they were made to look fools. I know how this game is played, I've seen it dozens of times. The media will never examine itself for culpability.

So they will "speculate" on what the DA "did wrong". Its all speculation at this point. We don't know all the facts of the case.
It isn't the Media I'm listenting to, it is the lawyers that I know and trust that I listen to. This DA could have investigated in a much quieter manner, she treated as a DA would if she had extremely strong evidence to support the arrest. According to all the prosecutors that I have heard and from lawyers that I know (I know several, my In-Laws are lawyers and FBI agents... and their friends tend to run in the same circles)...

Prosecution 101, investigate what you can before you jump in the pile.

Another Rush to Judgement

This post shows what comes from following and responding to the news too quickly. Soon after this report came out, it was learned that in fact Karr had not been released and was being held in Colorado for the California authorities who were coming to pick him up on the misdemeanor warrants from 2001 and transport . All of which is quite remarkable since generally jurisdictions do not go to such lengths for misdemeanors, and usually there is some kind of statute of limitations on failure to appear especially for misdemeanors. All in all this just shows that we can't believe everything which talking heads like the overly made up Nancy Grace of the "he had ice cream" prisoner coddling outrage school, spout continually with little or no regard for the facts.

This post shows what comes from following and responding to the news too quickly. Soon after this report came out, it was learned that in fact Karr had not been released and was being held in Colorado for the California authorities who were coming to pick him up on the misdemeanor warrants from 2001 and transport . All of which is quite remarkable since generally jurisdictions do not go to such lengths for misdemeanors, and usually there is some kind of statute of limitations on failure to appear especially for misdemeanors. All in all this just shows that we can't believe everything which talking heads like the overly made up Nancy Grace of the "he had ice cream" prisoner coddling outrage school, spout continually with little or no regard for the facts.
No, I knew he wasn't being released. At least read the thread before you "rush to judgement"...

Read what was posted and you will find that I knew he was going to California to face misdemeanor charges.

Of course, you couldn't be expected to actually read what you were commenting on, you are just a newbie...

However the rush to judgement wasn't on his "release" it was by the DA on his importance and the fact that the DA was so sure that simple due diligence was deemed unnecessary.

Okay, here's an update.

Mary Lacy held her little invitation only Press conference today...

Where she:

1. Attempted to say that there was no other way to protect Thailand children from this guy than to do what she did.
2. Said that mixed DNA samples weren't good enough to convict so the samples taken in Thailand weren't good enough... (Not looking for conviction here... Looking for actual connection. The only evidence she could possibly convict with was DNA with this particular guy... They could have connected him then took a Court enforced Cheek swab when he returned...)
3. Said that the credibility of her office has been hurt, but didn't say it was her fault.
4. Said she had responsibility, but accepted none and actually said (remember the hindsight is 20/20 remark earlier) that she would do it exactly the same way again...

Immediately following there was a man who is a Doctor/Lawyer (I can't remember his name but he is both Doctor and Lawyer...) who stated implicitly that what she blames her "expert" on is idiocy and a connection could be made with a pristine sample to be taken later. They actually paraded two more doctors on my trip home along with another DA who basically stated that she if full of rubbish.

They also had another lawyer who spoke of showing discovery to a local principal in order to have a teacher reviewed because of a problematic past. Amazingly they could have informed people in Thailand to protect these kids the same way...

Well, that's the local news.

Back