Just bought a new truck... Ram 1500 Larimie..

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
It has heated and air conditioned seats, and a heated steering wheel. Awesomeness.

Looks like this one:

2017-Ram-1500-Limited-BlogA_o.jpg

Well, I should say a lightly used truck, not new. Though it does look pretty much exactly like that one. Even the same very dark green color.

Air conditioned seats? Never heard of that one. Can't you get auto start and climb into a pre AC'd cab?

Yup. And it does it automatically based on outside temps. If it is cold the seat and steering wheel heat up while it warms up. If it is hot the A/C and seat cooling starts with it.

Yup. And it does it automatically based on outside temps. If it is cold the seat and steering wheel heat up while it warms up. If it is hot the A/C and seat cooling starts with it.

Too high tech for me. Wish they still sold cars with handles to roll the windows up. Also miss standard transmission. You have to pay about $2000 extra to special order it.
But I do like my auto start living in Alaska. I could use the heated steering wheel too.

i've always considered getting a pickup but I just don't haul enough shit around to justify it. I wish I could though cause pickups seem cool

The back seats are also heated.

My '12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland has all those bells and whistles. It just turned 150,000 miles, and everything still works flawlessly. The leather in the interior still looks great. Chryco has come a long way, and makes some great vehicles.

Too high tech for me. Wish they still sold cars with handles to roll the windows up. Also miss standard transmission. You have to pay about $2000 extra to special order it.
But I do like my auto start living in Alaska. I could use the heated steering wheel too.

What do you drive? Ditto. Wish my Subaru had a heated steering wheel. Don't have the auto start but I can plug it in on extra cold nights. Butt warming seats are awesome too.

i've always considered getting a pickup but I just don't haul enough shit around to justify it. I wish I could though cause pickups seem cool

I keep fussing at the husband unit to get one, just an older used one is fine. We have so much stuff to haul around. One of the neighbors gets old trucks and fixes them up; he had a beautiful 90s-something Ford there for a while but someone else snapped it up. Used to have a Silverado long bed that was like driving a bus but you sure could move some stuff around in that thing.

Some cars have standard transmission available. My VW does. I'm about to buy a new Dodge truck for work. Last one had a standard, but I had to move up to a 3/4 ton that I don't need. I've given up on having one, even though there's a BIG difference in snowy weather.

Auto start comes stock on most models. I want a standard cab, long bed. You can't even find a picture of one in an ad. To get the few things I demand...block heater, elec seats, and a few others, I had to move up to a Sport edition.

Well, I should say a lightly used truck, not new. Though it does look pretty much exactly like that one. Even the same very dark green color.
Just sat down the a dealer yesterday. She said that you can win barroom bets with that color, as most people would demand that it's black.

What do you drive? Ditto. Wish my Subaru had a heated steering wheel. Don't have the auto start but I can plug it in on extra cold nights. Butt warming seats are awesome too.
I thought it was a corny feature, but this winter I've had a few mornings where I wished I had one.

It has heated and air conditioned seats, and a heated steering wheel. Awesomeness.

Looks like this one:

2017-Ram-1500-Limited-BlogA_o.jpg

Nice ride! I am a MOPAR guy from way back. I am still driving my 1999 Ram 1500 4X4 I bought new. Take care of it and it will last forever.

Ram.jpg

Back