Just bought a new truck... Ram 1500 Larimie..

This thread is made by true Americans.

I live on the central coast and don't need big rigs like you guys. But it makes a proud American to live as you guys do.

I admit, I'll take my ocean walks and surf over the inland any day, but I also understand the middle really does make America great.

You can get the Super Crew cab with an 8' box or you can get extenders for the 5-7 box that adds the tailgate to your hauling capacity. An 8' box with the crew cab tends to make your vehicle hard to park though.
Ford has some flexibility, so I'm still shopping. What I'm seeing, is that they're all trying to push anyone who works a truck into a 3/4 ton. Dodge has coils springs on their 3/4 tons, and some sort of variable setup for smooth ride when you run empty.

This used to be much easier.

Been looking at the Laramie package too. Wanted it in the ecodiesel. But epa has put the cabosh on any new ones being made- can't find one used with the Laramie.
I'm only seeing the Laramie package on the bigger trucks.

This thread is made by true Americans.

I live on the central coast and don't need big rigs like you guys. But it makes a proud American to live as you guys do.

I admit, I'll take my ocean walks and surf over the inland any day, but I also understand the middle really does make America great.
My first Dodge was made in Canada, and this one in Mexico.

Ecodisel is 1500. The problem is they just didn’t make many of them.

My best friend drives one of those. It is his pride and joy. His father was an enthusiast of off-roading and big trucks, and he inherited the lifestyle. He'll actually be moving from Milwaukee to the Denver area this fall.

I drive a dinky Ford Focus, but, my wife is foisting her old Jeep on me, because she wants me to be safe in inclement weather. Being from San Diego, she does have a broad definition of "inclement."

Ecodisel is 1500. The problem is they just didn’t make many of them.
Given all manufacturers' claims of 'clean' diesel, we found that it isn't really possible. That, and the fact that the diesel explosion hiked the price of diesel fuel to a level that was never seen before. You have to drive a lot of miles/year to validate the extra cost for the engine, and supposed savings via mpg you get with diesel. Unless, of course, you actually have to pull something, and you need the diesel.

Given all manufacturers' claims of 'clean' diesel, we found that it isn't really possible. That, and the fact that the diesel explosion hiked the price of diesel fuel to a level that was never seen before. You have to drive a lot of miles/year to validate the extra cost for the engine, and supposed savings via mpg you get with diesel. Unless, of course, you actually have to pull something, and you need the diesel.

The ecodisel technology is cool. Who is the “we”?

I expect the epa issues to get addressed and the truck to go back into production. The ecodisel is the only diesel light duty truck of its kind. As to cost differences to operate the eco diesel to the the Hemisphere? I found this:

[FONT=&quot]Current data suggests paying 5-10% more for fuel gets you +45% better mpg. These are give-or-take numbers since the cost of diesel relative to gas varies by location.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now compare how many gallons and dollars it takes to drive, say, 20,000 miles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gas - 20,000 miles / 15.4 mpg = 1,299 gallons. At $3.71/gallon, that's $4,819.
Diesel - 20,000 miles / 22.5 mpg = 889 gallons. At $3.92/gallon, that's $3,485.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Assuming that 20,000 miles was driven over a year's time, you save ~$1,334 annually.[/FONT]

My best friend drives one of those. It is his pride and joy. His father was an enthusiast of off-roading and big trucks, and he inherited the lifestyle. He'll actually be moving from Milwaukee to the Denver area this fall.

I drive a dinky Ford Focus, but, my wife is foisting her old Jeep on me, because she wants me to be safe in inclement weather. Being from San Diego, she does have a broad definition of "inclement."

You recall/know what year it is?

The ecodisel technology is cool. Who is the “we”?

I expect the epa issues to get addressed and the truck to go back into production. The ecodisel is the only diesel light duty truck of its kind. As to cost differences to operate the eco diesel to the the Hemisphere? I found this:

Current data suggests paying 5-10% more for fuel gets you +45% better mpg. These are give-or-take numbers since the cost of diesel relative to gas varies by location.
Now compare how many gallons and dollars it takes to drive, say, 20,000 miles.
Gas - 20,000 miles / 15.4 mpg = 1,299 gallons. At $3.71/gallon, that's $4,819.
Diesel - 20,000 miles / 22.5 mpg = 889 gallons. At $3.92/gallon, that's $3,485.

Assuming that 20,000 miles was driven over a year's time, you save ~$1,334 annually.
$10k for the diesel engine? After 8 years, you break even. If you drive 20k/year with a work truck. Now...once they actually make the diesel cleaner, you might not see the 25 mpg you used for comparison. Most half ton trucks are getting a little better than 15 mpg now.

Sweet ride, Damo! I am looking at a new truck. The Ram is looking right. Good towing capacity too. But I want the RamBox.

The color looks great. Hard to keep clean though. Enjoy the truck!

Back