Just bought a new truck... Ram 1500 Larimie..

all depends on where you live
Because I demand standard transmissions in both of my vehicles, I never had that remote start. I figured that a pre heated vehicle wouldn't need a warm steering wheel....but hey...I'm not going to complain.

my vehicles are always very basic

I don't need to feel pampered

I need my car to get me from one spot to another

and carry the shizz I need to carry

the cheapest

most reliable

safest

drives well

Nice ride! I am a MOPAR guy from way back. I am still driving my 1999 Ram 1500 4X4 I bought new. Take care of it and it will last forever.

View attachment 5920
Diminishing returns. If you really work them, then there comes a time when the nickel/dime repairs start to become $1/$5 repairs. If you live in a cold climate, they tend to rust out. I'm thrilled with my '05 2500, save for the fact that I didn't need the 3/4 suspension. I've had good luck with it, but it's time to upgrade to something more efficient.

Diminishing returns. If you really work them, then there comes a time when the nickel/dime repairs start to become $1/$5 repairs. If you live in a cold climate, they tend to rust out. I'm thrilled with my '05 2500, save for the fact that I didn't need the 3/4 suspension. I've had good luck with it, but it's time to upgrade to something more efficient.

Maybe if you took care of you vehicles they wouldn't nickel dime you in repairs. I have less than $5,000.00 in break down repairs in the 17 years I have owned the truck. It has been paid off for 13 years that is an estimated savings in car payments of about $64,000.00.

I keep fussing at the husband unit to get one, just an older used one is fine. We have so much stuff to haul around. One of the neighbors gets old trucks and fixes them up; he had a beautiful 90s-something Ford there for a while but someone else snapped it up. Used to have a Silverado long bed that was like driving a bus but you sure could move some stuff around in that thing.

If he was smart, he'd get the biggest one he could find, load it up with what is his, and get the fuck away from his bitch unit. That is you.

Maybe if you took care of you vehicles they wouldn't nickel dime you in repairs. I have less than $5,000.00 in break down repairs in the 17 years I have owned the truck. It has been paid off for 13 years that is an estimated savings in car payments of about $64,000.00.
Idiot

Too high tech for me. Wish they still sold cars with handles to roll the windows up. Also miss standard transmission. You have to pay about $2000 extra to special order it.
But I do like my auto start living in Alaska. I could use the heated steering wheel too.

My 2009 Silverado that got wrecked in Sept had crank windows. I hated them, but loved everything else about the truck.

My 2009 Silverado that got wrecked in Sept had crank windows. I hated them, but loved everything else about the truck.
Almost bought a GMC in '15. One thing Dodge has that nobody else has....room behind the seat in the regular cab. So I'm stuck with Dodge for this next truck too. I'm not going to fight over the creature comforts that they all have now. Bluetooth, remote start, great sound...etc. For $40k, you should be able to enjoy yourself when you're working, fishing, etc.

Almost bought a GMC in '15. One thing Dodge has that nobody else has....room behind the seat in the regular cab. So I'm stuck with Dodge for this next truck too. I'm not going to fight over the creature comforts that they all have now. Bluetooth, remote start, great sound...etc. For $40k, you should be able to enjoy yourself when you're working, fishing, etc.

I never had to worry about room behind the front seats ... I just make sure I get two more rows :cool:

View attachment 5921
My sweety for 15 years in the 70-80's
Big fan of VW. When gas went to $4/gallon in '05, I had just bought my pickup. I bought a beat up Jetta with a 4 speed manual. My first Jetta. 35mpg.

Did a few big jobs, and had the money for a new Jetta. Then VW came out with the CC in '09. I'm on my third one. I love driving that car....and I HATE driving in general.

It has heated and air conditioned seats, and a heated steering wheel. Awesomeness.

Looks like this one:

2017-Ram-1500-Limited-BlogA_o.jpg

Now that is how you properly pamper yourself.

Nice truck, Damo.

I never had to worry about room behind the front seats ... I just make sure I get two more rows :cool:
Yea...I need the 8' box. Gotta have the regular cab. These car companies really discriminate against those of us who used to keep them in business with work trucks. Now they don't care if we need a truck. Plenty of soccer moms buying trucks that they don't need.

Back