Just bought a new truck... Ram 1500 Larimie..

Yeah, we live in the Frozen North; sometimes when I've headed to town early in the morning it's been -15F or so. Even with gloves your hands get cold. Can't drive with mittens.

I know where you could get hand knitted wool gloves that will keep you toasty.

my vehicles are always very basic

I don't need to feel pampered

I need my car to get me from one spot to another

and carry the shizz I need to carry

the cheapest

most reliable

safest

drives well

no, you are poor and that's why you go with the cheapest. Stop pretending that you being poor is a choice.

i've always considered getting a pickup but I just don't haul enough shit around to justify it. I wish I could though cause pickups seem cool
Don't forget that all your friends and family who don't have trucks would be calling you to haul crap for them.

I want to get a light pick up to haul around my junk for outdoor activities but good lord try finding a used light pick up truck for sale.

Almost bought a GMC in '15. One thing Dodge has that nobody else has....room behind the seat in the regular cab. So I'm stuck with Dodge for this next truck too. I'm not going to fight over the creature comforts that they all have now. Bluetooth, remote start, great sound...etc. For $40k, you should be able to enjoy yourself when you're working, fishing, etc.

Yeah, the Dodges are nice. But after my '09 Silverado basically saved my life after t-boning another vehicle and rolling over several times, I figured I better stick with Chevy.:D

being cool IS the justification......still driving my 2001 Ford F150....

224533.jpg
Nothing says you will never, ever, ever, ever in your entire life become even remotely close to being cool like owning a Pick Up Truck. LOL Pick up trucks are for people who don't give a shit about being cool.

Last edited:
I keep fussing at the husband unit to get one, just an older used one is fine. We have so much stuff to haul around. One of the neighbors gets old trucks and fixes them up; he had a beautiful 90s-something Ford there for a while but someone else snapped it up. Used to have a Silverado long bed that was like driving a bus but you sure could move some stuff around in that thing.

Lol, yep. My old Silverado had the extra cab AND the 8 foot bed. It was like a hunnert feet long. I miss that truck though. You can't even get that configuration in the 1500 anymore.

Let me put it like this. Would you get into a truck with Grind?

Just because I'd want him to haul something, doesn't mean I have to ride along. I could ask him to haul out my trash, right?
But to answer your question, he's never done me wrong, so yeah, I probably would.

What do you drive? .
2006 Ford Focus station wagon, purchased new. I'm cheap when it comes to cars.
My son was going to get $500 for his rear wheel drive '03 Kia Sorrento as a trade-in so I bought it from him for $600 which is what I drive in the summer. Like I said I'm cheap.
I've only paid cash for cars since about 1995. It's a reality check.

Yeah, we live in the Frozen North; sometimes when I've headed to town early in the morning it's been -15F or so. Even with gloves your hands get cold. Can't drive with mittens.

no doubt if I lived there I would pay for heated seats

but that is also why I live in SoCal

2006 Ford Focus station wagon, purchased new. I'm cheap when it comes to cars.
My son was going to get $500 for his rear wheel drive '03 Kia Sorrento as a trade-in so I bought it from him for $600 which is what I drive in the summer. Like I said I'm cheap.
I've only paid cash for cars since about 1995. It's a reality check.

two 2007s which I still have way low mileage on

cheapest

safest

most reliable

and fun to drive

very agile

Yeah, the Dodges are nice. But after my '09 Silverado basically saved my life after t-boning another vehicle and rolling over several times, I figured I better stick with Chevy.:D
Well, now it seems that I can't get an 8' box on anything that isn't a fleet type vehicle. Every year they disrespect tradesmen more and more in the auto industry.

Well, now it seems that I can't get an 8' box on anything that isn't a fleet type vehicle. Every year they disrespect tradesmen more and more in the auto industry.

Yep, my fancy new Silverado has a 6'-6" bed, and it SUCKS. It's nice to ride in though. :D

Back