Kamala claims right to walk into your home and inspect your gun safe

As San Francisco's district attorney, Kamala Harris told legal gun owners in her community that authorities could "walk into" their homes to inspect whether they were storing their firearms properly under a new law she helped draft. "We're going to require responsible behaviors among everybody in the community, and just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your locked home doesn't mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check to see if you're being responsible and safe in the way you conduct your affairs", Harris told a group of reporters in May 2007.

The remarks came during a press conference introducing legislation that Harris helped draft, which sought to impose penalties for gun owners who fail to store their firearms properly at home.

This is the Law in every state in the Union now!
Every State? ... you a lying white lib nazi boomer

I think the debate is still open as to whether abortion is "murder", but it is NOT a matter of contention that blowing an elementary school kid's head off is murder.

How about we address the cases that we ALL agree are murder and then worry about the more subtle end of things?
It's open because it killing if not murder. I know right like that evil tranny freak that shit up then Christian school. I love agreement.

Sure as soon as the baby killers accept the fact that the vast majority of abortions are performed for convenience and not for rape incest and life of the woman.

That is true... If they had reason to believe that guns were being handled improperly in a home with children , they could do a wellness check... .
35 States have those CAP laws. I'm not sure this would allow them to force entry.

Then why do we have a military? Why do we have police?

If you are in some extremist libertarian camp where you think everyone is John Galt unto themselves then I suspect this conversation won't go very far.
Nope, that's what the 2005 SCOTUS stated about law enforcement long before Trump ever took office.

Unfortunately this is paywalled... frikin' NYT... but there's enough there in the box to read.

Reactions: TOP
35 States have those CAP laws. I'm not sure this would allow them to force entry.
Probably true... But if someone Were to suspects that loaded guns were Just carelessl out on the coffee table there's probably a whole set of other issues that would warrant a check... I've seen
Guns out on home visits. I've also been to funerals where an accidental shooting was involved... Different neighborhoods... But i'm pretty sure no one would force their way in to check... That Would not go over well

Last edited:
Back