Kamala claims right to walk into your home and inspect your gun safe

Nope, that's what the 2005 SCOTUS stated about law enforcement long before Trump ever took office.

However there is a some subtlety to this. The ruling was apparently quite controversial but the point still stands:

However the way it breaks down renders this particular view of it kind of incorrect. While the police owe no duty to any individual they DO owe a duty to protect society as a whole. Given that society is NOTHING MORE than the accumulation of individuals my original position still stands.

However there is a some subtlety to this. The ruling was apparently quite controversial but the point still stands:

However the way it breaks down renders this particular view of it kind of incorrect. While the police owe no duty to any individual they DO owe a duty to protect society as a whole. Given that society is NOTHING MORE than the accumulation of individuals my original position still stands.
how did that work out here?

My favorite posts in these type of threads are those from the various Pro-LIfe people. I am always fascinated at how America has created a version of Christianity that values living by the sword.
because history has proven that even those who don't live by the sword can still die by the sword

because history has proven that even those who don't live by the sword can still die by the sword

Nah, the reason I mention it is because usually pro-life folks are leveraging their deeply held Christian beliefs. So when some of them ALSO support guns it's clear they don't ACTUALLY care about what Jesus taught: "Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. "

how did that work out here?

I think you might be missing my larger point. Clearly, even by the SCOTUS rulings the police DO have a duty to protect society as a whole. That's why they are there to enforce laws. Laws exist to ensure compliance. Police enforce those laws. Those laws are set up to protect society.

Now, if you are in favor of completely defunding and eliminating the police I will disagree with you. I think they have an actual valuable service to provide in the terms of protection.

ALSO: I'm not going to pare through the court cases but I'm willing to be it doesn't quite say exactly what you might think it says. Usually these "shocking" decisions are far more subtle and don't quite say what the screamers tell you they say. I bet there's a ton of subtley and caveat to this. (That's been my experience with most of the case law I've read)

"We're going to require responsible behaviors among everybody in the community, and just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your locked home doesn't mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check to see if you're being responsible and safe in the way you conduct your affairs," Harris told a group of reporters in May 2007.

That is disgusting's and disqualifying

now lineup shit stains and defend this bullshit - we know you will
Did Fox News (Fake News) report this????

I think you might be missing my larger point. Clearly, even by the SCOTUS rulings the police DO have a duty to protect society as a whole. That's why they are there to enforce laws. Laws exist to ensure compliance. Police enforce those laws. Those laws are set up to protect society.

Now, if you are in favor of completely defunding and eliminating the police I will disagree with you. I think they have an actual valuable service to provide in the terms of protection.

ALSO: I'm not going to pare through the court cases but I'm willing to be it doesn't quite say exactly what you might think it says. Usually these "shocking" decisions are far more subtle and don't quite say what the screamers tell you they say. I bet there's a ton of subtley and caveat to this. (That's been my experience with most of the case law I've read)
I am no in favor of defunding police.

I do, however, think that you completely discredit your argument if you're not willing to read the cases I presented to you in support of my position.

I think you miss the forest through the trees

cops have no obligation to protect me. We proved you were ignorant on this.

and because this is true, I most certainly will use that to further justify my need for a weapon

So you were talking out your ass the whole time. Got it, Whitey. :thup:
I keep up with the law. I just can't find them because I don't have a set of law books!

But think, When Donald Trump was almost assassinated in Pennsylvania, the FBI and the Local Authorities were quickly able to investigate the home of the shooter thanks to this law we are talking about.

On Donald Trump's second assassination attempt, SAME THING, as it would have been a State law that allowed the Local Sheriffs to investigate the home of the Shooter. And it would have been a Federal law that allowed the FBI to investigate the home of the shooter. And they would have used a similar law we are talking about to carry it out. I haven't kept up with where this guy lived.

Back