Kerry reverts to his roots

you apparently have great faith in your shipmates being willing to vouch for all of them irrespective of whether they've actually spoken the truth......I wonder if Kerry's shipmates are anything like you......

clearly, I had some good shipmates and some less than good shipmates...even some bad ones. The point is, I KNEW them... I served with them... I stood watch with them... and, if one of them that WAS good asked me to speak on his behalf, I would. If one that was not so good or worse were to ask me, I would recommend to them that they search elsewhere for an endorsement.

For example, I had two skippers who were assholes, and I would tell anyone who cared to know that I thought they were.

Dan Petersen, drummed out of the Navy after a sailor died in his brig while he was the CO on a carrier in the IO

Dick Macke... made four stars and got tossed and demoted for making a boneheaded comment about marines and hookers in Okinawa, and then for fucking his yeoman and sending her around the world on government jets to be with him at conferences and meetings.

If either one of them had run for President, I would have been the first to stand up and say what total pricks they were. In Kerry's case, none of HIS shipmates ever did that.

but you cannot show that they lied about Kerry......isn't that what's in question?......

"Kerry's Bronze Star has been criticized by former Swift Boat commander Larry Thurlow. During the incident leading to the medal, Thurlow was in overall tactical command of five boats, including Kerry's. The incident began when one of the boats struck a mine. In 2004 Thurlow, along with two other SBVT members, alleged that Kerry's citation for bravery under fire is false because neither Kerry's boat nor any of the others was under hostile fire...

However:

Although it is not mentioned in Unfit for Command, Thurlow himself was awarded a Bronze Star for his actions during the same incident. Thurlow's citation includes several phrases indicating hostile fire such as "despite enemy bullets flying about him" and "enemy small arms and automatic weapons fire", and speaks of fire directed at "all units" of the five-boat fleet.[SUP][37][/SUP] Thurlow's medal recommendation, signed by Elliott, used the phrasing "under constant enemy small arms fire."

Looks like Thurlow wants it both ways. They were both on the boats but he was under fire while Kerry was not. :rolleyes:

And the cow jumped over the moon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry_military_service_controversy

run away from THAT, you fucking little PiMP.

Damn...I swear I wouldn't cross the street to piss on your sorry ass if you were on FIRE. I'd stand across the street and laugh my ass off and watch you fucking BURN.

"Kerry's Bronze Star has been criticized by former Swift Boat commander Larry Thurlow. During the incident leading to the medal, Thurlow was in overall tactical command of five boats, including Kerry's. The incident began when one of the boats struck a mine. In 2004 Thurlow, along with two other SBVT members, alleged that Kerry's citation for bravery under fire is false because neither Kerry's boat nor any of the others was under hostile fire...

However:

Although it is not mentioned in Unfit for Command, Thurlow himself was awarded a Bronze Star for his actions during the same incident. Thurlow's citation includes several phrases indicating hostile fire such as "despite enemy bullets flying about him" and "enemy small arms and automatic weapons fire", and speaks of fire directed at "all units" of the five-boat fleet.[SUP][37][/SUP] Thurlow's medal recommendation, signed by Elliott, used the phrasing "under constant enemy small arms fire."

Looks like Thurlow wants it both ways. They were both on the boats but he was under fire while Kerry was not. :rolleyes:

And the cow jumped over the moon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry_military_service_controversy

Ooooooopppps!

and Eliot was his CO and gave him the TOP fitness report in his unit... HIGHER than Thurlow... and then... years later, he went to Boston during Kerry's senate campaign and told the crowd that Kerry was a hero... and THEN... when the swifties came calling (probably with a sack of cash) he changed his tune and said that Kerry was unfit for command. and THEN, after the election, he stated that he regretted his statements in the swiftie book. Fuck Eliot. Fuck Thurlow. Fuck PiMP. I hope they ALL rot in hell.

and Eliot was his CO and gave him the TOP fitness report in his unit... HIGHER than Thurlow... and then... years later, he went to Boston during Kerry's senate campaign and told the crowd that Kerry was a hero... and THEN... when the swifties came calling (probably with a sack of cash) he changed his tune and said that Kerry was unfit for command. and THEN, after the election, he stated that he regretted his statements in the swiftie book. Fuck Eliot. Fuck Thurlow. Fuck PiMP. I hope they ALL rot in hell.

Now Thurlow has to live with his lies, and most likely the loss of respect from many of his men.

Last edited:
John Kerry's service in Vietnam lasted 4 months and 12 days, beginning in November 1968 when he reported to Cam Ranh Bay for a month of training.

His abbreviated combat tour ended shortly after he requested a transfer out of Vietnam on March 17, 1969, citing Navy instruction 1300.39 permitting personnel with three Purple Hearts to request reassignment.

So far as we are able to determine, Kerry was the only Swift sailor ever to leave Vietnam without completing the standard one-year tour of duty, other than those who were seriously wounded or killed.

It is clear that at least one of Kerry's Purple Heart awards was the result of his own negligence, not enemy fire, and that Kerry went to unusual lengths to obtain the award after being turned down by his own commanding officer.

John Kerry has long insisted that using the three-injury loophole to leave combat early was his own idea, but Kerry's fellow Swift officer Thomas Wright, who served on occasion as the OIC (Officer in Charge) of Kerry's boat group, contradicts that claim. Wright reports that he "had a lot of trouble getting Kerry to follow orders," and that those who worked with Kerry found him "oriented towards his personal, rather than unit goals and objectives." He therefore requested that Kerry be removed from his boat group. After John Kerry qualified for his third Purple Heart, Thomas Wright and two fellow officers informed him of the obscure regulation, and told him to go home. Wright concluded, "We knew how the system worked and we didn’t want him in Coastal Division 11."

Constructing a complete picture of Kerry's service is difficult due to gaps in the Naval records. These gaps include missing and incomplete fitness reports, missing medical records and missing records related to his medal awards.

http://horse.he.net/~swiftpow/index.php?topic=KerryinVietnam

John Kerry's service in Vietnam lasted 4 months and 12 days, beginning in November 1968 when he reported to Cam Ranh Bay for a month of training.

<snip>

Constructing a complete picture of Kerry's service is difficult due to gaps in the Naval records. These gaps include missing and incomplete fitness reports, missing medical records and missing records related to his medal awards.

http://horse.he.net/~swiftpow/index.php?topic=KerryinVietnam

Maybe you'll find what you're looking for here. Documents run from February 1966.

Military Records of Lieutenant (Junior Grade) John F. Kerry for U.S. Navy Military Service During The Vietnam War, 1968 - 1969 Note: Kerry was promoted to (Full) Lieutenant on Jan. 1, 1970 prior to requesting a discharge

http://news.findlaw.com/legalnews/lit/election2004/docs.html

Back