Last Universal Common Ancestor

It's hard to believe you are using my science thread to relentlessly pursue this.

This is the relevant quote for how that exchange ended -->
Not hard for me to believe. The main part of his personality that caught my eye was a distinct lack of maturity and emotional stability. This has been proved repeatedly with his obsession with the fiction that you labeled him an antisemite.

In such cases, the best thing to do is ask oneself “How would a normal person act?” Even if true, most people would simply say you are wrong or say “Go fuck yourself” and that’d be it. Jank? He’s obsessed with it. Literally. To me, that indicates emotional instability…which doesn’t jibe with being Geochemistry PhD. It could be mental illness, it could be that he’s lying about who he is or it could be that he’s under some kind of stress such as job issues, personal relationship issues, a death in the family or some other temporary condition.

Regardless, it’s not only abnormal behavior for a regular person but very much out of character for a PhD or other accomplished professional.

The scientists wrote a paper in Nature detailing their analytical methods, you can read for yourself. I'm not interested in reading it. Nature is a preeminent scientific journal, and I trust their peer review process to publish acceptable, top notch science which is rigorously employing the methods of scientific induction

:laugh:

Oh, okay! :awesome:

Link to the paper=-?

Why are you NOT interested in reading it? After all, it IS the foundation for all their research and the validity of their hypotheses.

Are you going for the "Believe the "experts", even though there's no valid proof" angle?

"Nature" also published this load of horse manure:

"The bad guys are winning, in part because health agencies either underestimate or deny the reach of anti-science forces, and are ill-equipped to counter it."

And then they go 110% Full-Nazi!

"Efforts must expand into the realm of cyber security, law enforcement, public education and international relations. A high-level inter-agency task force reporting to the UN secretary-general could assess the full impact of anti-vaccine aggression, and propose tough, balanced measures. The task force should include experts who have tackled complex global threats such as terrorism, cyber attacks and nuclear armament, because anti-science is now approaching similar levels of peril."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01084-x

They (Your "Nature" magazine AKA source for this thread) posted that pants load about a vaccine that doesn't prevent anyone from getting a virus and people being skeptical of it. That's sciencey like Dr. Mengele!

Last edited:
I really don't want this to be a topic of a science thread,

Then discuss Si and C chemistry like I tried to do.

You don't actually appear interested in science. You want to hear people agree with you and if they fail you cite authorities and then just run away.

Try it. I'll keep up. I'm an interested amateur but I feel I may be more capable in the chemistry end of things.

The scientists wrote a paper in Nature detailing their analytical methods, you can read for yourself. I'm not interested in reading it. Nature is a preeminent scientific journal, and I trust their peer review process to publish acceptable, top notch science which is rigorously employing the methods of scientific induction

It helps to understand the science one is discussing first.

:laugh:

Oh, okay! :awesome:

Link to the paper=-?

Why are you NOT interested in reading it? After all, it IS the foundation for all their research and the validity of their hypotheses.

Are you going for the "Believe the "experts", even though there's no valid proof" angle?

"Nature" also published this load of horse manure:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01084-x

I've never read Einstein's paper on general relativity and neither have you, but we accept it as reputable science.

I read the NASA summary of the research, and that's all I'm interested in reading.

If NASA isn't good enough for you, feel free to dig down in the weeds.

Just don't even come close to critiquing God or you will be labeled an antisemite.
QED on both the obsession and the lack of emotional stability seen in an accomplished professional.

Yeah, Cypress got upset because I was pointing out the theologically difficult sections of the O.T. esp in terms of God condoning slaughter and genocide. This upset Cypress very much (as it did Doc Dutch) and he figured that I was only on there to make the hebrews look as bad as possible. He went on and on about my "hatred". It was hard to read.

I actually at one point thought Cypress was a decent bloke, a good guy. But I soon found out he has a "third rail". And I found it. I still think he's probably a pretty decent guy but he's on the war path against me.

He's unwilling to talk science so he has to attack. It is what people who only have a cursory knowledge of a topic do.

Overall this forum is kind of a cesspool. Even people who could probably pass for decent people seem to lose their collective minds on here and become hate machines.

You should tell him you have a PhD in chemistry. :thup:

Fake PhDs frantically googling Wiki and other sources for tidbits of info isn't doing science.

The reason we have science journalism is so that busy adults don't have to read scientific research papers, half of which we won't even understand because of jargon

Frantically googling Wiki and other sources of info isn't doing science.

I think I've held up my end quite well. Just because you are unfamiliar with Tg and Tm for any given polymeric system is not a problem for me.

The reason we have science journalism is so that busy adults don't have to read scientific research papers, half of which we won't even understand because of jargon

So maybe you can talk more in depth about C and Si chemistry? YOu are the one who is a geologist, right?

Frantically googling Wiki and other sources for tidbits of info isn't doing science.

Not a chemist, but Jank/Perry PhD obviously passed Chemistry 101. You know more about chemistry than I do and I expect the same of TOW since she’s a nurse.

My chemistry experience is limited to making shit blow up. After that, I lost interest….but it would be kinda cool to know how to make LSD or Meth from a survivalist perspective since drugs always sell. OTOH, it might be easier just to grow ‘shrooms.

I've never read Einstein's paper on general relativity and neither have you, but we accept it as reputable science.

I read the NASA summary of the research, and that's all I'm interested in reading.

If NASA isn't good enough for you, feel free to dig down in the weeds.

I actually did read that. In 8th grade. You thinking I did not is to your folly.

As for NASA not being "good enough" for me? In the current political climate, they are not. They are a compromised government agency.

https://www.space.com/8725-nasa-chief-bolden-muslim-remark-al-jazeera-stir.html

Now I knew a real NASA engineer. Very well. Back in the days when things were real. Those days are clearly over. Elon Musk does space better than NASA.

Last edited:
I really don't want this to be a topic of a science thread, but Jank kept bringing it up here.

The reason no quotes have been produced is because I never called anyone an antisemite.

I wrote that Janx was cherry picking the most outrageous quotes from the Hebrew bible to paint Judaism in the worst possible light.

That's not anti-Semitic because I believe Janx has an agenda to put any religion in a negative light, particularly Christianity and Islam, but possibly others too..

I offered an apology if he took it as a direct accusation of anti Semitism.

No need to explain to me. I know you are not like how he’s trying to paint you. I expect TOW and Phan would agree.

FWIW, I identified Perry PhD as an emotional hot mess shortly after his arrival. Spotting his sock Jank took less than 48 hours.

Not a chemist, but Jank/Perry PhD obviously passed Chemistry 101.

Is that why whenever I mention anything related to chemistry you and Cypress both go super stealth quiet?

I don't know why I would intimidate anyone given that I'm just an interested amateur. It is telling, though, that our local actual scientist, Cypress, will not discuss any chemistry in detail. That's understandable, he's told us he's a geophysicist so the geochem classes he had (and the mineralogy classes) didn't really hold as much interest for him. I don't read much in the field of Geophysics either. So it's understandable.

What is your background? You seem drawn to these technical discussions. Are you a scientist as well? What field?

No need to explain to me. I know you are not like that.

FWIW, I identified Perry PhD as an emotional hot mess shortly after his arrival. Spotting his sock Jank took less than 48 hours.

And you are still woefully mistaken. There's as many folks suggesting Perry Phimosis is YOUR sock as there are people suggesting he's my sock. I don't know why that would be. Maybe it's because his posting style is far more like yours. Aggressive, angry often. Rude. You know the drill.

Fake PhDs frantically googling Wiki and other sources for tidbits of info isn't doing science.

Is that the reason we have "Fact-Checkers", too?

Is everyone fucking intellectually lazy now?

I actually did read that. In 8th grade. You thinking I did not is to your folly.

As for NASA not being "good enough" for me? In the current political climate, they are not. They are a compromised government agency.
Iconspiracy theorist nutjobs!

Not a chemist, but Jank/Perry PhD obviously passed Chemistry 101. You know more about chemistry than I do and I expect the same of TOW since she’s a nurse.

My chemistry experience is limited to making shit blow up. After that, I lost interest….but it would be kinda cool to know how to make LSD or Meth from a survivalist perspective since drugs always sell. OTOH, it might be easier just to grow ‘shrooms.
You definitely don't have to be an astronomer or geneticist to discuss those very interesting scientific topics.

Science is so specialized that anyone outside their area of specialized expertise is going to have to rely on science journalism to keep abreast of scientific developments. As a general rule, nobody except those engaged in active research or in grad school are reading research papers in a academic journals

Back