Leviticus

Matthew 5:17 Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
New Living Translation

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
New International Version

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
King James Version

One mentions the law of Moses the other two just mention law.
The law of moses is what? The Ten Commandments?

if god existed I wouldn't ban him. He'd be god. That would be like denying something in the face of evidence, which is what christians and other religious idiots do.

if god existed I wouldn't ban him. He'd be god. That would be like denying something in the face of evidence, which is what christians and other religious idiots do.

OMG. I should have known you were an atheist. No wonder you relish being a mod. You think you're God. Except you don't wake yourself up in the morning, and you don't make your synapses fire. How humbling when you think about it. Do you cry out your own name during sex (if and when you have it)? Of course not. LOL

The Mosaic Code is the moral code, the Ten Commandments and the various rephrasing of it found in the Bible......

Which says thou shalt not have homosexual sex?

My point is that those who quote part of Leviticus and the parts of the old testament/jewish laws that Jesus revoked for Christians are then morally subject to all of it.
So if they say leviticus says no homosex then no eating Catfish.
Pick and choosing does not work in leviticus whether you are a Christian or a Jew.

Which says thou shalt not have homosexual sex?

My point is that those who quote part of Leviticus and the parts of the old testament/jewish laws that Jesus revoked for Christians are then morally subject to all of it.
So if they say leviticus says no homosex then no eating Catfish.
Pick and choosing does not work in leviticus whether you are a Christian or a Jew.

not eating catfish is part of the Levitical Code, which Christians are not subject to under the instruction given by Jesus

not engaging in homosexual activities are part of the Mosaic Code which Jesus instructs us to follow.....

not only MAY we pick and choose from Leviticus, we are instructed to discern the difference between the various parts of Leviticus.....

not eating catfish is part of the Levitical Code, which Christians are not subject to under the instruction given by Jesus

not engaging in homosexual activities are part of the Mosaic Code which Jesus instructs us to follow.....

not only MAY we pick and choose from Leviticus, we are instructed to discern the difference between the various parts of Leviticus.....

Where is Homosexuality in the 10 commandments?

where is running over people with your car in the 10 commandments? Is that allowed too, because it's not in the 10 commandments?

Bad logic.

Not bad logic. Another example of you being obtuse. Cars were developed in the 20th century, 3 millennia after the Ten Commandments. Since you're an atheist, your opinion is not an "informed" one. STFU.

Well it is in the bible though. It's in Paul 12:293:15.6. "yea though man shall not lay with man or be an abomination in the eyes of the lord, woman may lay with woman if they film it so sayeth the lord"

I mean, that's just a fact.

Any form of sex between consenting adults is fully ENDORSED by the golden rule.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

You be Frank today and I will be Frank tomorrow?

Now if one will only choose to recieve but refuse to give oral sex for instance but not give it then he/she is in violation of the golden rule.

this would apply in cases of Homo and hetro sexual relations.

Not bad logic. Another example of you being obtuse. Cars were developed in the 20th century, 3 millennia after the Ten Commandments. Since you're an atheist, your opinion is not an "informed" one. STFU.

the point is, an omission from the ten commandments, does not necessarily imply a license to commit a deed.

So lets think of another example.... the 10 commandments doesn't outlaw rape. Rape existed back then.

It also doesn't say "you shalt not own slaves" Slavery existed back then.

I can go on and on.

the point is, an omission from the ten commandments, does not necessarily imply a license to commit a deed.

So lets think of another example.... the 10 commandments doesn't outlaw rape. Rape existed back then.

It also doesn't say "you shalt not own slaves" Slavery existed back then.

I can go on and on.

Now that's some faulty logic for you. How old are you again?

Commandments 7 and 10 cover rape.

And we've made some moral and social progress from 2 millennia ago.....slavery was justified using biblical scripture, by white men who choose to manipulate said scripture to suit their needs. Also proclaiming Africans as 3/5 of a human, relieved them of any guilt or compassion.
Please don't attempt to lecture me on what the Bible says or does not say, and the reality of what folks say that it says. Aren't you an atheist, anyway? Why am I talking to you?

Back