Liberals will protect you from crime by the awesome power of classical music!

What makes you even think this was done by partisan elected officials? From what Dano posted, it looks like it was done by the transit authority - that's a bureaucracy, not a legislative branch.

The Tacoma city council has 9 members and it is non-partisan.
LOL.

If I was elected to the council it would be "non-partisan", but that does not mean that they are not members of a party. That's like saying the Denver City Council is "non-partisan". Rubbish, no Rs get elected in Denver.

What makes you even think this was done by partisan elected officials? From what Dano posted, it looks like it was done by the transit authority - that's a bureaucracy, not a legislative branch.

It says "city authorities". That could be transit officials, or it could be the city council, it is unclear.

If it's the transit officials, political affiliation is not known, and really not relevant, and if it's the city council, again, there are 9 members on the Tacoma city council, and they are not democrats.

LOL.

If I was elected to the council it would be "non-partisan", but that does not mean that they are not members of a party. That's like saying the Denver City Council is "non-partisan". Rubbish, no Rs get elected in Denver.

Tacoma is not Seattle.

And the fact remains that they are not dems, or repubs. Which way they lean, you don't know. It was easy to jump to that conclusion when it looked like this happened in Seattle, but this did not happen in Seattle.

The transit authority has a budget that they spend at their discretion. That's how bureaucracies work. If you want to complain, send it to the transit office. To blame this on "Liberal Democrats" is as dumb as most things Dano does, but it's not befitting of you Damo. You should know better.

The transit authority has a budget that they spend at their discretion. That's how bureaucracies work. If you want to complain, send it to the transit office. To blame this on "Liberal Democrats" is as dumb as most things Dano does, but it's not befitting of you Damo. You should know better.
It isn't. They get fired if they do not work out the will of the elected. I could care less about your personal issues with TheDanold.

Damo tries to help out cons here, on account of them being so dumb. You never see him trying to help out a liberal, but, in his defense, they don't need the help

And if it's the city council, it's still just as stupid to blame it on "Liberal Democrats" since you have no way of knowing their political affiliation.

Does Dano masturbate while watching us rip apart his arguments and humiliate him? I think maybe it's a fetish.

It says "city authorities". That could be transit officials, or it could be the city council, it is unclear.

If it's the transit officials, political affiliation is not known, and really not relevant, and if it's the city council, again, there are 9 members on the Tacoma city council, and they are not democrats.
I'll bet that they are. Once again, just because it isn't listed on a ballot does not mean that they magically are not part of a political party.

I'll bet that they are. Once again, just because it isn't listed on a ballot does not mean that they magically are not part of a political party.

So, in other words, there is no evidence that the Tacoma city council is liberal, nor even that they are democrats, but you just feel like they must be. Ok. Sure, go with that.

It isn't. They get fired if they do not work out the will of the elected. I could care less about your personal issues with TheDanold.

That's not true. I've worked in government, and both of my parents worked in government, and I know how bureaucracies work. Bureaucracies are full of career people, not elected people. Elected people have no authority to hire or fire someone making decisions in DSHS, for instance. They're hired or fired based on how effectively do their job, as determined by their supervisors and then up the chain. The director may or may not be appointed, but the director does not make all of the decisions. Most budgetary decisions are made on a much lower level, and you can hardly expect someone to get fired for putting speakers playing radio music on transit stops.

So, in other words, there is no evidence that the Tacoma city council is liberal, nor even that they are democrats, but you just feel like they must be. Ok. Sure, go with that.
I go with how the State and cities vote in the area.

Smaller parties do not have a chance, if they are largely D areas regardless of whether they are listed on a ballot.

That's not true. I've worked in government, and both of my parents worked in government, and I know how bureaucracies work. Bureaucracies are full of career people, not elected people. Elected people have no authority to hire or fire someone making decisions in DSHS, for instance. They're hired or fired based on how effectively do their job, as determined by their supervisors and then up the chain. The director may or may not be appointed, but the director does not make all of the decisions. Most budgetary decisions are made on a much lower level, and you can hardly expect someone to get fired for putting speakers playing radio music on transit stops.
The top, the decision makers, are appointed, hired and fired, by the Elected government.

You are being disingenuous. The permanent position people do not get to make stupid decisions like this one. Such spending discretion, if not popular with the populace, hit those elected officials and they step as the well-known substance rolls downhill.

Smaller parties do not have a chance, if they are largely D areas regardless of whether they are listed on a ballot.

First of all, did you happen to notice the Governer's race? Washington State is very tight. You are thinking of Seattle. There are plenty of yahoos and assorted other conservative areas in Washington State.

Second of all, again, you have no evidence whatsoever of who these nine people are, or what their political beliefs are.

And how the hell are the people voting for them supposed to elect them based on whether or not they're Democrats or Republicans?

Here's what it comes down too: You're a lot stupider and more partisan than I had imagined. You have zero evidence that this entire thing is done by Democrats or Liberals. Zero. Yet you're on here trying to convince us that it was done by Democrats and/or Liberals because you dislike Democrats and Liberals, not because you have any evidence to back it up.

First of all, did you happen to notice the Governer's race? Washington State is very tight. You are thinking of Seattle. There are plenty of yahoos and assorted other conservative areas in Washington State.

Second of all, again, you have no evidence whatsoever of who these nine people are, or what their political beliefs are.
Tacoma is right there with Seattle. At least according to my friends that went to Graduate school there.

Back