life on other planets

I'll just leave this here for Uncle Dutch.

giphy.gif

LOL. True. What intrigued me the most is their alleged knowledge of the precession.

The fact they understood that level of math and the stars is very interesting much less the will to move and place four foot blocks of rock.

D8U2wdG.jpg

As noted in the first link, they could have noticed the process.

"Whether or not the ancients knew of the mechanics of the Precession before its definition by Hipparchos the Bithynian in the second century BC is uncertain, but as dedicated watchers of the night sky they could not fail to be aware of its effects."

I was a big fan of the Ancient Astronaut fad when I was a kid, but like UFOs and ESP, it never proved out.

As noted in the first link, they could have noticed the process.

"Whether or not the ancients knew of the mechanics of the Precession before its definition by Hipparchos the Bithynian in the second century BC is uncertain, but as dedicated watchers of the night sky they could not fail to be aware of its effects."

I was a big fan of the Ancient Astronaut fad when I was a kid, but like UFOs and ESP, it never proved out.

Well, as that poster says, "I Want To Believe".

What do you think about Plato's hint that Atlantis existed?

I think it did exist, but there are very few facts. The Thera eruption probably served as a basis for the story just like the UK served as the basis for George Orwell's Airstrip One in 1984. The eruption was so great it put 14 cubic miles of rock into the air...and what goes up, must come down. LOL

The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan_eruption
240px-Santorini_Landsat.jpg

there are no Texan men with plans......

There is as much evidence for your particular god as their is for any of the other 10,000 proposed gods from other religions throughout the past hundred thousand years when homo sapiens started to believe in such things.

The biggest clue that religion is man-made is the fact that more than one exists. The smorgasbord of religion throughout the world and throughout history is exactly what one would expect to see if religion is just fairy tales.

Back