and their terrible rhymes
so disfigure our times
that I'm making a call for a ban! :)

There once was a commie from Wales.
Who thought our limericks most stale.
We thought it quite cheap.
From a man who shags sheep.
That our thread he would try to derail.

Greeks didn't wear togas. The Romans did.

I am well aware of that, but the Roman toga was directly fashioned after the Greek himation, a very similar garment, worn in much the same manner draped over the left shoulder.
Had I written "under himations he groped with his big telescope..." would you have guessed what the fuck I was talking about?
I believe it is called "poetic license" ...

greek-toga-outline.jpg
07f46d9374e8303161e4af3bd02f43ac.jpg

ROMAN TOGA.....................................................................................GREEK HIMATION

Last edited:
I am well aware of that, but the Roman toga was directly fashioned after the Greek himation, a very similar garment, worn in much the same manner draped over the left shoulder.
Had I written "under himations he groped with his big telescope..." would you have guessed what the fuck I was talking about?

greek-toga-outline.jpg

ROMAN TOGA.....................................................................................GREEK HIMATION
What a pompous cunt!!

Sent from my iPhone 10S

greek-toga-outline.jpg

I thought ancient Greeks wore a Chlamys?

this thread is great. bucky bashing tom, billy bashing tom, all of the trinitys sick limerick skills. some good shade thrown at rune. Talking about having sex with tom's mom. watermarks psychopathic murderous wishes falling flat because on JPP that's just baseline default saturday talk...I've been laughing all over this thread. We should really have a JPP meetup sometime. I wonder what would happen if desh saw both myself and damocles in person. maybe she would think i paid someone to pretend they are damo or something.

this thread is great. bucky bashing tom, billy bashing tom, all of the trinitys sick limerick skills. some good shade thrown at rune. Talking about having sex with tom's mom. watermarks psychopathic murderous wishes falling flat because on JPP that's just baseline default saturday talk...I've been laughing all over this thread. We should really have a JPP meetup sometime. I wonder what would happen if desh saw both myself and damocles in person. maybe she would think i paid someone to pretend they are damo or something.

Exclaiming; Eureka! Uranus!...

Tom started a contest
To see whos limericks were the best
It was really good, at the start
But soon fell apart
As it turned into a snark fest

:truestory:

Ahhh for me it brings back fond memories of when we played Werewolf and I posted all my responses in poem. I thought Super Freak was going to have a stroke and that Billy was going to drive down here to Columbus and personally shoot me. Good times those! :)

Ahhh for me it brings back fond memories of when we played Werewolf and I posted all my responses in poem. I thought Super Freak was going to have a stroke and that Billy was going to drive down here to Columbus and personally shoot me. Good times those! :)

My blacksmith and Yoda personas seemed to have the same effect on them, with either Super or Billy DEMANDING that I post a list of who I thought were villagers and who were wolves.

:evilnod:

Out in Yankland a racist and bore,
Mott the Hoople, writes bullshit once more,
and he offers his arse
to the rich as they pass -
off he goes, with the shits, on Ignore.

Last edited:

We should do a Trinity meetup in Milwaukee.

There once was a hat named Tom
Who went off to suck dicks in Murom
While noon, night, and day
I was having my way
With the woman he called his mom

Out in Yankland a racist and bore,
Mott the Hoople, writes bullshit once more,
and he offers his arse
to the rich as they pass -
off he goes, with the shits, on Ignore.
Why do you Brits think we are all Yanks?
I'm from Ohio you silly old wank.
Ohio is called the great Buckeye State.
One can be proud to have such fate.
So call me a Buckeye and I'll give you my thanks.

I happen to remember this one because I made it up on the fly while driving through Limerick Maine, back when I was about 18 or 19...

An astronomical Greek known as Damos
With the women of Athens was famous
Under togas he’d grope
With his big telescope
Exclaiming Eureka! Uranus!

Ironic that our fearless leader here at JPP is nicknamed Damo ...
I wonder if he ever exclaimed Eureka! Uranus!

Why would you wonder about that

Back