LMAO

No wonder he is so angry all the time, and thinks driving a car is "harrowing". :rofl2:

Maybe it's because he's never driven a car? Maybe he's as scared of cars as he is of guns. Telling, isn't it?

Maybe it's because he's never driven a car? Maybe he's as scared of cars as he is of guns. Telling, isn't it?

Very.

That old Ford was a great car. A hand-me-down from my parents and I was the fourth kid. A wagon wasn't cool back then but they are coveted classics now. Ours had a 289 small block and Cruise-O-Matic. My mom- a notoriously terrible driver- was driving all six of us through one of the airport tunnels to pick up my dad from a business trip. Those lanes are narrow and the pavement forms ruts where the tires run, so cars nearly steer themselves. The finger-light power steering got real light through the tunnel, and she panicked and thought the steering got disconnected. We laughed about that for years afterwards.

It idled so smooth she was always thinking that the engine stalled at a traffic light. I can't count the number of times she turned the key and engaged the starter, making that terrible grinding sound.

When I drove it it was nine years old- twice as old as most wrecks back then. It developed the usual problems that Fords did back then which seemed daunting to my dad but so incredibly easy to fix on a classic. Neutral safety switch misaligned, slow into reverse, blue smoke on start-up. The headlight switch had a glitch and all the lights- headlamps, dash, everything- would all shut off while driving at night. That was literally a five dollar, five minute fix, but instead my dad sold it privately for a couple hundred bucks.

:lolup:

Sad little butthurt barrel-stroker. Still sore about being humiliated on your "my guns make me safer" bullshit?

Easy fix for you, idiot. Refrain from posting altogether. Then you won't look so foolish.

Very.

That old Ford was a great car. A hand-me-down from my parents and I was the fourth kid. A wagon wasn't cool back then but they are coveted classics now. Ours had a 289 small block and Cruise-O-Matic. My mom- a notoriously terrible driver- was driving all six of us through one of the airport tunnels to pick up my dad from a business trip. Those lanes are narrow and the pavement forms ruts where the tires run, so cars nearly steer themselves. The finger-light power steering got real light through the tunnel, and she panicked and thought the steering got disconnected. We laughed about that for years afterwards.

It idled so smooth she was always thinking that the engine stalled at a traffic light. I can't count the number of times she turned the key and engaged the starter, making that terrible grinding sound.

When I drove it it was nine years old- twice as old as most wrecks back then. It developed the usual problems that Fords did back then which seemed daunting to my dad but so incredibly easy to fix on a classic. Neutral safety switch misaligned, slow into reverse, blue smoke on start-up. The headlight switch had a glitch and all the lights- headlamps, dash, everything- would all shut off while driving at night. That was literally a five dollar, five minute fix, but instead my dad sold it privately for a couple hundred bucks.

Just SO COOL! What an adventurous life!

Very.

Sucks that he fucked you over like that.
My elderly neighbor had a '70 Dodge Dart Swinger.
It had 16k on it when he died and I was 17.
His nephew did me a "favor" and junked it because "it probably wasn't safe".

Still pissed about that.

:lolup:

Sad little butthurt barrel-stroker. Still sore about being humiliated on your "my guns make me safer" bullshit?

Easy fix for you, idiot. Refrain from posting altogether. Then you won't look so foolish.

Humiliated...by you...you've got to be kidding :palm:
The only humiliating you do is to yourself. You can't
even answer a simple question and you think you're
humiliating me? You're even stupider than I thought,
and I had thought you were the stupidest poster on
this forum!! Hell, evince may be smarter. LOL @ you!!

My first car was a 1978 Chevy Malibu. Was not the muscle car look, baby blue and all stock. But it was my car.

My first was a '71 MACH I. Saved up starting when I was 14, bought it for my 17th. birthday. One of the nicest cars in the HS parking lot and the girls loved it :innocent:

Humiliated...by you...you've got to be kidding :palm:
The only humiliating you do is to yourself. You can't
even answer a simple question and you think you're
humiliating me? You're even stupider than I thought,
and I had thought you were the stupidest poster on
this forum!! Hell, evince may be smarter. LOL @ you!!

lol

Willfully ignorant toads like you are just the gift that keeps on giving.

The most disturbing thing is that illiterate cretins like you are more common than I ever imagined. Oh, and that you can procreate and pass on those defective genes.

Nonetheless, you keep me amused and provide an interesting pastime pointing out your massive stupidity. So, thanks for that.

lol

Willfully ignorant toads like you are just the gift that keeps on giving.

The most disturbing thing is that illiterate cretins like you are more common than I ever imagined. Oh, and that you can procreate and pass on those defective genes.

Nonetheless, you keep me amused and provide an interesting pastime pointing out your massive stupidity. So, thanks for that.

You're a funny guy, strange, but funny. If you find a political forum an "interesting pastime," you must be missing so much in life. I'm just here when I'm bored, when I am drinking my morning coffee or
when I have little to do at work, far from making it a pastime. I have many interests and many friends outside this silly forum, it's obvious and sad you do not. Carry on, oh little one.

Sucks that he fucked you over like that.
My elderly neighbor had a '70 Dodge Dart Swinger.
It had 16k on it when he died and I was 17.
His nephew did me a "favor" and junked it because "it probably wasn't safe".

Still pissed about that.

I wouldn't use quite that term to describe the transaction. My dad wasn't, isn't, a "car guy" and cars back then were considered disposable. He did, however, know the basics of ignition tuning and taught me how to change and adjust points, and set basic ignition timing. I credit that as the start on my now extensive knowledge of classic car repairs, tuning and modification. Besides, when the '67 went, I inherited his '72 LTD, which I drove for almost ten years, 100,000 miles. I sold that car for $200 as well, a rusted hulk, and have wanted to kick myself at not saving the 351W for a future project.

The '72 was an awesome car as well. My girlfriends called it "the hotel lobby on wheels". With a 2.73 rear it was a long distance cruiser, and would peg the needle well over 120mph.

Back