Macca Sucks Corporate Cock

Cypress... The Sex Pistols arent in the same league and dont even deserve to be in the same sentence as Art Rock Bands Like Supertramp and ELO... no..sorry two different worlds.. the Art Rock Prog Bands were musicians worthy of praise for their creativity.. The Sex Pistols were lame and obnoxious.. barely musicians.

So the influence a band has is reliant on its musicianship, not on the affect it has on future bands, or its social influence.

The Pistols came at a time when music was stagnating, Prog rock (and yes I like Floyd) had become nothing but pretentious meandering keyboard solos and guitar-wanking. The Pistols stripped that away to the bare bones.

The influence the Pistols had is evident in a modern, very influential band, The White Stripes....

Darla just blurt our John Lennon sux and get ready to duck or run, that is the beginning....

the road to healing is to first admiit to the problem...

LOL

Most of this stuff is over my head anyway. Right now I'm listening to "It's Been a While" from Staind, on my ipod. Probably no one knows who they are because they're from this decade. ;)

Any you don't have to buy at Starbucks. They don't put anyone out of business. Only the public can do that. And if you want Beatles music you have to buy from the corp that owns the rights no matter where you are. well, unless you steal it.

Cypress... The Sex Pistols arent in the same league and dont even deserve to be in the same sentence as Art Rock Bands Like Supertramp and ELO... no..sorry two different worlds.. the Art Rock Prog Bands were musicians worthy of praise for their creativity.. The Sex Pistols were lame and obnoxious.. barely musicians.
LOL! You sound like a music history major, Klaatu.

Never cared much for the Sex Pistols myself but I do appreciate the need for bands and songwriters who really push things. For example, I'm a Shane MacGowan fan myself. Gods know why -- not only can he not carry a tune but his voice sounds like a band saw on the edge of mechanical death -- but his stuff just works for me. The Pogues were really something in their day.

I grew up with the Beatles. I've worn out more copies of Sgt. Pepper than even Dark Side of the Moon. It's difficult, now, to imagine just how revolutionary and seminal they were back in the day. Context is everything: you almost had to have been there to really get it.

But Sir Paul will gag on that donkey dong if there's any justice. Which there isn't, but one can dream. ;)

So the influence a band has is reliant on its musicianship, not on the affect it has on future bands, or its social influence.

The Pistols came at a time when music was stagnating, Prog rock (and yes I like Floyd) had become nothing but pretentious meandering keyboard solos and guitar-wanking. The Pistols stripped that away to the bare bones.

The influence the Pistols had is evident in a modern, very influential band, The White Stripes....

Listen to the greatest american band of the last 20 years: Nirvana.

And tell me they weren't greatly influenced by the Pistols.

Well excuse me if the title of this thread led me astray

lol the title is negative but not its not hate. I can honestly say that the only person I've ever really hated was my ex missus. Hate is a strong emotion, akin to love....

Any you don't have to buy at Starbucks. They don't put anyone out of business. Only the public can do that. And if you want Beatles music you have to buy from the corp that owns the rights no matter where you are. well, unless you steal it.

I don't have a problem with companies toby, but with hegemony created by companies like Starbucks.

Hopefully Any will get smarter if he gets older. Here he objects to a corporation for selling coffee which you can get all over the place, but has no problem with music corp and copyright laws that limit what and where you buy music from..........LOL

Lol You wacky chap.

I don't object to Starbucks because they sell coffee, I like coffee. I object to Starbucks because they'll enter a town, open three or four shops and kill off small businesses.

That saturation doesn't occur with record companies, there is no geographical limits. With innovations like the internet, there is significantly less opportunity for monopoly also.

I dont think he's wacky at all.. he think he is right on about this one...

If McCartney had signed on with Sony Records we wouldnt have heard a peep out of you. Yet Sony Records is a Giant Conglomerate that has its paws into everything...and I would venture to say..including food.

Starbucks on the other hand makes some sense.. because there is a relationship with Coffee Houses and Music.. it goes way back to the 50's and the emerging Folk era ... but this one bothers you because it has Corp written all over it.. but no matter what Record label and Artist signs with...its Corp.

As far as Starbucks moving into your neighborhood... if there is a demand it'll happen... let the people decide.

I can unite every single man on this thread in two seconds flat.

Who doesn't love "Dancing Queen" by Abba? I mean, come on. Now, that's, a classic.

Darn! toby halfway made a good point. Starbucks is an enterprise supported by excessive consumerism and will be one of the first to go when times get harder.

Who doesn't love "Dancing Queen" by Abba? I mean, come on. Now, that's, a classic.

This is very emasculating to admit, but I actually like that song.

Maybe it's because I have a thing for Swedish women ;)

This is very emasculating to admit, but I actually like that song.

Maybe it's because I have a thing for Swedish women ;)

Really! You're the only man I've ever met who will admit that. That's funny. It's a fun song, I don't know why men won't admit it for the most part.

umm, I sort of like Abba, Actually better than the beatles. Sorry Darla.
I also like Pink Floyd, Frank Zpppa, Chick Corea, Taj Mahal, Van Halen, AC/DC...And some Blondie as well :D

Really! You're the only man I've ever met who will admit that. That's funny. It's a fun song, I don't know why men won't admit it for the most part.

You ever seen that australian movie "Muriel's Wedding"? Its such a great movie, and that Dancing Queen song was a constant theme in the movie.

I think that's what started me liking that song. I know it sounds lame, but it's true!

Oh, yeah, right. It's a "fun song" in the same sense that the latest issue of Archie comics is a "good read."

:cof1:

You ever seen that australian movie "Muriel's Wedding"? Its such a great movie, and that Dancing Queen song was a constant theme in the movie.

I think that's what started me liking that song. I know it sounds lame, but it's true!

Yep, I liked that movie.

Back