Man, That's Some Blizzard

I enjoy taking the road less traveled and using my four wheel drive... However, were I at home I'd be taking out the snowmobile right now!

In NC, the people there went wild at the first hint of snow. So if it snowed while I was at work, I usually just took a nap or ate at a nearby resturant before I headed home. People thought I was strange because I did not get sucked into the panic mode of most everyone else.

I enjoy taking the road less traveled and using my four wheel drive... However, were I at home I'd be taking out the snowmobile right now!

ya me too, usaly, but the GF has the tacoma today, and i get the accord that is dam near dead.. driver window dosnt role down, stereo works when it chooses, no muffler, climetcontrole knobs are broke and missing so i have to use a wrench and the struts are about too fall off... o and it has a crack valve cover and a f'ed up hood that i need a crowbar to open it with...

i think it time for a new car....

sorry for the ranting... cant wait until the commuter train is up and running

In NC, the people there went wild at the first hint of snow. So if it snowed while I was at work, I usually just took a nap or ate at a nearby resturant before I headed home. People thought I was strange because I did not get sucked into the panic mode of most everyone else.

it kinda fun to watch... people lose themselves

yep I have a subie. For 17 years now. 3 more years and I can get a classic tag for it :D

well the accord is 94' it has 210,000 miles, i was planning on driving it into the ground... just seems too be hapening a lil faster then i wanted... i was looking to get atleast 300,000 on the old beast

I live in a mostly rural area. The farmers rely on whatever precipitation falls to irrigate the fields. Snow is preferable to rain because in the colder temperatures far less evaporates, so it soaks into the ground instead. Generally, any snow that falls here has melted by lunchtime, but there have been exceptions. We missed the southern edge of the Colorado storm (damn, they got 2 feet!), but had ice storms the day or so before. 4WD doesn't help a great deal on ice, but if you have 2 wheels on dry (preferably on the same axle!) it does make a bit of a difference. My Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (6 forward speeds) does great on just about anything.

We get an average of just under 19 inches of rain per year. Snow is really, really welcome here, especially if the cotton has been harvested already.

well the accord is 94' it has 210,000 miles, i was planning on driving it into the ground... just seems too be hapening a lil faster then i wanted... i was looking to get atleast 300,000 on the old beast

I have about 210K on the subie. Have worked from home for the last 5 years and not put many miles on it lately. It is nice to only have to fillup about once every 6 weeks or so though.
Sounds like the metal termites have pretty much consumed your Honda. I had the subie doo rust treated when I bought it and have no rust on it yet.

I live in a mostly rural area. The farmers rely on whatever precipitation falls to irrigate the fields. Snow is preferable to rain because in the colder temperatures far less evaporates, so it soaks into the ground instead. Generally, any snow that falls here has melted by lunchtime, but there have been exceptions. We missed the southern edge of the Colorado storm (damn, they got 2 feet!), but had ice storms the day or so before. 4WD doesn't help a great deal on ice, but if you have 2 wheels on dry (preferably on the same axle!) it does make a bit of a difference. My Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (6 forward speeds) does great on just about anything.

We get an average of just under 19 inches of rain per year. Snow is really, really welcome here, especially if the cotton has been harvested already.

19 inches of rain? How in the heck do you farm cotton in the West, without irrigation? Cotton is one of the most water-intensive crops there is.

I have about 210K on the subie. Have worked from home for the last 5 years and not put many miles on it lately. It is nice to only have to fillup about once every 6 weeks or so though.
Sounds like the metal termites have pretty much consumed your Honda. I had the subie doo rust treated when I bought it and have no rust on it yet.
Those things are built tough, no doubt. The AWD is nice, too, for mountain driving and the like. It's no coincidence that they sell a lot of 'em in the high Sierra towns.

My subie is not AWD it was just before that. It is Std shift, 4WD on demand.
I almost never need the 4WD, 2WD mode is front wheel drive and goes great.

Where does he say he doesn't irrigate? pwnt

Here ya go, Cityslicker:

Originally Posted by Thorn
I live in a mostly rural area. The farmers rely on whatever precipitation falls to irrigate the fields.

That's called dry-land farming. Relying on precipitation.

Irrigation, in farming, means conveying water from a groundwater or surface water source, to your field.

Here ya go, Cityslicker:

Originally Posted by Thorn
I live in a mostly rural area. The farmers rely on whatever precipitation falls to irrigate the fields.

That's called dry-land farming. Relying on precipitation.

Irrigation, in farming, means conveying water from a groundwater or surface water source, to your field.

Crap, I didn't see that. So I'll merely edit my original post.

Woooohoooo ... Its Finaly Snowing !!!!!!!!

Snowflakes The Size Of Of A Half Doller.... Lovin It

Back