May 1st. Is this when the Country re-opens?

Without knowing the big picture of what else you have going on personally is this just a YOLO millennial fvck everything belief?

I do not expect any good outcome and see no reason to expect such, so I'm acting accordingly.

I'm pulling out while still able to. Not gonna be worth shit this time next year, and retirement is no longer a possibility.

Meh...it never has been an option for me. The Misses is significantly younger than me and hyper as hell. If my employer doesn’t works me to death, she will.

I’ve got the last laugh on her though. One of these days I’m going to die! :)

I'm a long term investor so I barely look at my accounts. I'm just saying the Fed's actions have been the driver of the rebound and I'd argue people's belief that government won't let businesses fail (not saying that's a good thing, just saying I believe it's priced into the market)

You’re saying Government would permit business to collapse?

I'm just gonna buy stuff I want. I don't see a point in investing or saving anymore. It's a pipedream at this point. Might as well get SOME use out of the money I've put away while I still can.

Have faith Billy...as long as Watermark survives all should be well. Maybe this is finally the opportunity he’s been looking for.

You’re saying Government would permit business to collapse?

I think that's a belief held by some/many(?) investors which is why we've seen the rally we have. It's clearly not being driven by economic fundamentals. (and by not letting businesses collapse I don't mean the small corner restaurant)

I think that's a belief held by some/many(?) investors which is why we've seen the rally we have. It's clearly not being driven by economic fundamentals. (and by not letting businesses collapse I don't mean the small corner restaurant)

They're not going to be able to stop it. The options are collapse or hyper inflation.

That sounds irrational to me. Having said that I checked my savings and I’ve recovered around 75% of my initial loss.

My thinking is the opposite of Billies. I’m thinking now would be a great time to buy some under valued stock. I think, for now, the Keynesian approach is working and assuming the worst is over (which is a risky assumption), I can foresee a rally.

But I’m also looking down the road to profit from additional investment. I’m thinking $25k now could turn into a $100k in 2-4 years if invested soon. Though I may wait another month to see if we’re hit by a second wave.

Why is that?
Because if you keep pumping trillions of dollars out to companies that, due to the coming years of economic inactivity, would have folded you have essentially meaningless money like Weimar Germany. Alternatively, you let them fail and then there is no economic activity to restart. Either way, mass poverty and suffering on a scale not seen for several centuries is the end result.

Because if you keep pumping trillions of dollars out to companies that, due to the coming years of economic inactivity, would have folded you have essentially meaningless money like Weimar Germany. Alternatively, you let them fail and then there is no economic activity to restart. Either way, mass poverty and suffering on a scale not seen for several centuries is the end result.

Very astute.

Now you know why DEMOCRATS want to keep the lockdowns in place.

That sounds irrational to me. Having said that I checked my savings and I’ve recovered around 75% of my initial loss.

My thinking is the opposite of Billies. I’m thinking now would be a great time to buy some under valued stock. I think, for now, the Keynesian approach is working and assuming the worst is over (which is a risky assumption), I can foresee a rally.

But I’m also looking down the road to profit from additional investment. I’m thinking $25k now could turn into a $100k in 2-4 years if invested soon. Though I may wait another month to see if we’re hit by a second wave.

I don't know if its irrational. There's been talk of the government stepping in and rescuing airlines along with other industries. We're looking at absolute economic carnage yet the stock market rose more over a two week period than anytime since the 1930's. That didn't happen because the government sent out $1K checks to people. It was the Fed and I think the belief the government will prevent mass failure.

The stock market was already a massive bubble before coronavirus. I don't see anything having changed today.

But how do you know there will be years of economic inactivity?

I don't know if its irrational. There's been talk of the government stepping in and rescuing airlines along with other industries. We're looking at absolute economic carnage yet the stock market rose more over a two week period than anytime since the 1930's. That didn't happen because the government sent out $1K checks to people. It was the Fed and I think the belief the government will prevent mass failure.

The stock market was already a massive bubble before coronavirus. I don't see anything having changed today.

How was that the fed other than printing currency?

Back