Men Who Will Be Needing Their Hands

Something like 70% of marriages began by meeting at work.

Mine did. Of course we met back when I was 17, and she 16 while we both worked at an amusement park.

I heard an old manager at work say "if you're not getting it on with someone in the office then you're not working hard enough".

The new thing of course is on-line dating with Match.com and eHarmony. There are two people in my office who met their spouse on match.com and a third who's engage. Makes sense in a way when people work 60 - 70 hour weeks it doesn't always leave a lot of time to go out meeting people.

One of my coworkers is on E-harmony. I love to hear her stories. I think the number of losers on EH and match outweigh the good catches. I was on Match for a while but then I wisened up and met my boyfriend at a bar :)

I personally frown upon work relationships.
First, you know that the people you work with are likely as well educated as you are, at the very least. They also have some of the same values and goals as you do as well as a significant amount of their life is shared experience.

There is a reason they would up at the same destination as you did, and it is likely because they were walking in the same direction.

First, you know that the people you work with are likely as well educated as you are, at the very least. They also have some of the same values and goals as you do as well as a significant amount of their life is shared experience.

Wow Damo you are so rational and logical.

Some of them are just hot. Work is boring. You get dirty thoughts. Next thing you know you are having sex in a hidden corner of the factory out back.

Not that that's ever happened to me, I just see it as a more likely scenerio, that's all. I swear.

It is soooo unfair being older and not as quick to "get" certain things....(downright slow, is the better term) :( lol

Darla, it took me about 15 minutes before I got what you meant in your title! hehehe!

It is soooo unfair being older and not as quick to "get" certain things....(downright slow, is the better term) :( lol

Darla, it took me about 15 minutes before I got what you meant in your title! hehehe!

LOL! It's probably not age Care, it's just that not everybody has a dirty mind. Obviously, you don't.

Some of them are just hot. Work is boring. You get dirty thoughts. Next thing you know you are having sex in a hidden corner of the factory out back.

Not that that's ever happened to me, I just see it as a more likely scenerio, that's all. I swear.

Hot damn I wish I worked in an office with you! Is there an internet group for like thinking women such as yourself???

Spring time rush - that was what we called it where I used to work. The wage was about 3x the local average, and after the women got back that first big income tax refund, and figured out they didn't need Bubba no more - splitsville.

Hot damn I wish I worked in an office with you! Is there an internet group for like thinking women such as yourself???

I wouldn't know! I specifically said, it's never happened to me, I have just heard about it happening. Don't try and twist this to make me look bad Cawacko. ;)

Oh yeah! I love Pink.

She had me with "Dear Mr. President", which I bet you don't like. :)

Fortunately I've never heard that song though I'm familiar with it. :)

All this reminds of the old joke that never gets old where the guy says he's gonna get his date drunk tonight so he can get some action and then pours Jack Daniels on his hand.

I wouldn't know! I specifically said, it's never happened to me, I have just heard about it happening. Don't try and twist this to make me look bad Cawacko. ;)

Ok, do your "friends" know of any site for women like them. :)

My hubby and I both worked for the same company, when we got engaged he went to work for another company because we did not want to have all of our income coming from one employer since there was talk of the parent company filing chapter 11 and restructuring layoffs were due to come.

But when we became serious, we both went straight to the President of the Company we worked for and told them, so that there was no "secrets" involved. Perhaps because I held the "higher" position within the company and no one ever even thought about a "female" harrassing a male back then, (before fatal attraction and other movies :) ) it was all A-ok with the Company)

When I worked for Dillards, they encouraged marriage between associates and hired husband/wife teams because they felt that they "basically" owned you and one spouse would not mess up, because it could hurt the other spouse type thing....

My husband and I, both ended up working for them at the same time over a 4 year period, him in the store's management and me in the Buyer's office....?

I agree with Darla.

to me, it is pretty hard NOT to have some sort of relationship with someone at work, if you work there long enough...keeping it with someone on the same level is the general rule of thumb to make it work...except those that I mentioned like Dillard's did not care what level the two of you are on imo...

Fortunately I've never heard that song though I'm familiar with it. :)

All this reminds of the old joke that never gets old where the guy says he's gonna get his date drunk tonight so he can get some action and then pours Jack Daniels on his hand.

I never heard that joke, it's funny. I actually got the visual on it.

Well, it definitely wouldn't have worked with me when I was dating. Usually when I stopped seeing a guy the best part was that, well I didn't have to see him again. I would hate to have to be in the same office with some of them. ugh......But on the flip side, I am trying to get my current boyfriend to work at my company because I know I won't get tired of him. I'd prefer not to $hit where I eat.

Back