Michelle Obama critisized for telling students that drinking water is good for them..

or simply enact regulations that force those companies to make their products healthier. In the beginning, Coca Cola was made with cocaine. They changed the formula and people kept drinking it. They can do so again.

Really; how do you make sugar filled drinks healtheir? Good lord, are you really this stupid? You do realize that many fruit drinks contain far more sugar than soda right?

How does one legislate health? Good lord, this is further proof of how an inept inexperienced partisan bufoon like Obama can get elected. :rolleyes:

Legislate health; what a moronic Liberal Left idea. How about letting people choose how the fuck they want to live instead of a Fascist state run by uber lefttards who want to control every facet of our lives? How about that?

Really; how do you make sugar filled drinks healtheir? Good lord, are you really this stupid? You do realize that many fruit drinks contain far more sugar than soda right?

How does one legislate health? Good lord, this is further proof of how an inept inexperienced partisan bufoon like Obama can get elected. :rolleyes:

Legislate health; what a moronic Liberal Left idea. How about letting people choose how the fuck they want to live instead of a Fascist state run by uber lefttards who want to control every facet of our lives? How about that?

so... you are perfectly OK with adding cocaine back into coca cola if that's what people want to drink?

I basically agree that moderation is the key. We didn't have pop as a drink of choice growing up, mostly it was something we could order when we went out to eat, about once a month. Raised my own kids the same way. None of us drink much pop, though occasionally.

I don't think that advertising has the effect attributed to it, at least to the degree purported. If parents don't have it in the house, it's not an issue. Even if they do, for young children at least, they can decide when.

Oddly, I was raised with no soda till middle school; and then only one a day. Now I drink a LOT of it. So early influence doesn't always hold. But I don't drink coffee; I get my caffeine from diet coke.

Stepkids - no soda before 11 am, and not all that many after. They pretty much don't drink it, they just drink it once in awhile so it seemed to work for them.

It's always complicated to predict outcomes...

Oddly, I was raised with no soda till middle school; and then only one a day. Now I drink a LOT of it. So early influence doesn't always hold. But I don't drink coffee; I get my caffeine from diet coke.

Stepkids - no soda before 11 am, and not all that many after. They pretty much don't drink it, they just drink it once in awhile so it seemed to work for them.

It's always complicated to predict outcomes...

I don't drink soda because it makes me thirstier than before I drank it. But coffee... now that's the nectar of the gods!

I didn't give the kids a lot of soda either, when they were little, because it's also bad for the teeth.

I don't drink soda because it makes me thirstier than before I drank it. But coffee... now that's the nectar of the gods!

I didn't give the kids a lot of soda either, when they were little, because it's also bad for the teeth.

Am I one of the only people in America who doesn't drink coffee?

I had one sip one time and thought it was awful. I also rarely drink soda (unless of course the occasional mixing of it with alcohol). :)

Am I one of the only people in America who doesn't drink coffee?

I had one sip one time and thought it was awful. I also rarely drink soda (unless of course the occasional mixing of it with alcohol). :)

You and me ...there are two of us who don't drink coffee....

Why don't we just make a law that puts Pepsi and Coke out of business. That will put another 50,000 out of work and dependent on the Nanny State; but they will be much healthier for it right?

Dimwit.

Hey numbnuts, please point out where I want to make sodas illegal? If you are going to rewrite what I said, why not just claim I said we should shoot babies and starve old people?

The recommendation to drink six to eight glasses of water a day is "thoroughly debunked nonsense," a doctor wrote in the British Medical Journal.

There is no scientific evidence to support the recommendation, wrote Dr. Margaret McCartney, a general practitioner based in Scotland.

Some organizations backed by bottled-water makers -- such as Hydration for Health, created by the makers of Volvic and Evian -- say that it's important to drink 1.5 to 2 liters (about 6 to 8 cups) of water a day, and that being even mildly dehydrated plays a role in disease development, McCartney wrote.

However, no such claims have ever been confirmed in studies, she said, and drinking too much water can actually be dangerous by causing low blood sodium levels (a condition called hyponatraemia) and exposing people to pollutants in the water.

"People still think that we're all going to die or our kidneys will shrivel up if we don't drink eight cups of water a day," McCartney told Postmedia News. "From what I can see, there's never been any evidence in the medical literature about it."

Humans' thirst mechanisms are so sophisticated that if our bodies are in need of water, they'll let us know by making us thirsty.

Dartmouth Medical School physician Dr. Heinz Valtin also told The Huffington Post last month that there aren't any scientific studies supporting the eight-glasses-a-day rule and that, to date, he hasn't seen any additional evidence that would confirm the recommendation.

In addition, drinking enough to produce about 6.3 cups of clear or slightly yellow urine a day means your fluid intake is probably sufficient, the Mayo Clinic said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/14/drinking-8-glasses-of-wat_n_899276.html

So...according to ONE DOCTOR'S OPINION, the recommendation to drink six to eight glasses of water a day is "thoroughly debunked nonsense."

"Thoroughly debunked" because one Doctor says so...ROTFLMAO!

If all it takes is one expert's OPINION to "thoroughly debunk" something, then "intelligent design" was debunked YEARS ago.

So...according to ONE DOCTOR'S OPINION, the recommendation to drink six to eight glasses of water a day is "thoroughly debunked nonsense."

LOL, poor Zaps...

1. Dr. Margaret McCartney, a general practitioner based in Scotland.

Some organizations backed by bottled-water makers -- such as Hydration for Health, created by the makers of Volvic and Evian -- say that it's important to drink 1.5 to 2 liters (about 6 to 8 cups) of water a day, and that being even mildly dehydrated plays a role in disease development, McCartney wrote.

However, no such claims have ever been confirmed in studies, she said, and drinking too much water can actually be dangerous by causing low blood sodium levels (a condition called hyponatraemia) and exposing people to pollutants in the water.

"People still think that we're all going to die or our kidneys will shrivel up if we don't drink eight cups of water a day," McCartney told Postmedia News. "From what I can see, there's never been any evidence in the medical literature about it."

Humans' thirst mechanisms are so sophisticated that if our bodies are in need of water, they'll let us know by making us thirsty.

2. Dartmouth Medical School physician Dr. Heinz Valtin also told The Huffington Post last month that there aren't any scientific studies supporting the eight-glasses-a-day rule and that, to date, he hasn't seen any additional evidence that would confirm the recommendation.

3. In addition, drinking enough to produce about 6.3 cups of clear or slightly yellow urine a day means your fluid intake is probably sufficient, the Mayo Clinic said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/14/drinking-8-glasses-of-wat_n_899276.html

Back