Misconception about Obamacare...

The IRS issued regulations last week announcing that the cheapest insurance plan under Obamacare will cost a family of five $20,000 per year by 2016.

<snip>

:rolleyes: My eyes are getting tired from all this rolling.

FULL QUESTION

The Internal Revenue Service issued a report in which it estimated that under Obamacare, the least expensive health insurance plan available to a family in 2016 would cost $20,000 annually, according to CNSNews.com.
Is this a true report?

FULL ANSWER

This question — and several more from readers — was prompted by an article published by the Cybercast News Service (an “alternative” news site run by the conservative Media Research Center) with the headline: “IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family.” But the IRS made no such declaration about the future cost of health insurance plans...

the headline of the Cybercast News Service report simply jumps to the conclusion that the IRS said that the “Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family,” when there was no indication that that was the case. An opinion piece published on LifeNews.com made the same leap, claiming that “the IRS … has finally released a cost analysis based on ObamaCare regulations showing that the cheapest healthcare plan in 2016 will cost average American families of four or five members $20,000 per year for the so-called ‘bronze plan.’ ”
For one thing, the example in the proposed regulations uses the word “average,” which means that the “cheapest” plan could, in fact, be lower than $20,000. But more important, the regulations weren’t a “cost analysis” at all. A spokesperson for the Treasury Department confirmed to FactCheck.org in an email that the IRS wasn’t making any declarations or projections about what prices will be.

“[Twenty thousand dollars] is a round number used by IRS for a hypothetical example,” the official wrote. “It is not an estimate of premiums for a bronze plan for a family of five in 2016.”

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/03/obamacare-to-cost-20000-a-family/

I'm so sorry you had cancer and I'm so glad you beat it. I agree about pre-existing conditions, portability. Those are good things included, but so much is buried that there has been no sunshine, indeed Pelosi actually personified with the, 'You can't know what's in it til you pass it.'

It's been a loser ever since.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

You're quite welcome. I've no doubt there isn't a single poster here who hasn't been touched directly or indirectly by cancer, heart disease, or diabetes. We all pray/hope/wish for all to recover.

Big labor wants exemptions....

Congress wants an exemption....

Some big Corps want out.....

Big Labor has exemptions, so do many big corps, as well as Congress. Congress got them to give them subsidies like they're poor and when (if) they retire from Congress they are entirely exempted. Nothing like minimizing the effect to make people think you really think it was good law...

Then the delay of most of it for (just in time for election year) yet another year is nigh...

Bad driving isn't always the driver's fault. I was denied coverage once because the wheel flew off a guy's car on the highway and slammed into my front end. I didn't even hit another car or have another car hit mine. That's how insurance works.

You want to get the IRS involved in health care? Send them around to start collecting from the uninsured. Problem solved.

How many accidents or tickets did you have before that? How old were you at the time?

I'm so sorry you had cancer and I'm so glad you beat it. I agree about pre-existing conditions, portability. Those are good things included, but so much is buried that there has been no sunshine, indeed Pelosi actually personified with the, 'You can't know what's in it til you pass it.'

It's been a loser ever since.

why because you say so?

your a fucking lair

<phone call>

"Hello Allstate? Yeah, I'd like to buy some home owner's insurance. Yeah, I know it's 3:00 a.m., it's just that my house just burned down and.... well yeah, I need coverage now to pay for this. Whattya mean you won't give me a policy to pay for it? Whattya mean my burned-up house is a pre-existing condition? Don't you know what friggin' insurance *IS*?"

Liberals is dingbats.

That's a bad analogy. People with pre-existing conditions want coverage, are willing to pay for coverage, but get denied. The guy with the burned house could have gotten insurance but chose not to, ergo he wasn't denied. There's an element of choice in this.

Yes.

When any congressman says he wants to repeal ObamaCare, he is saying he wants to repeal ALL of it INCLUDING the portion dealing with insuring those with pre-existing conditions.

When do you ever hear them say "we want to repeal sections M to Z but we'll let stand A to L". Never happened. Won't happen.

You'll find the same thing with drivers' insurance if you lose it for a poor driving record.

To compensate, states usually offer a state operated drivers' insurance pool.

The problem of pre-existing conditions could have been addressed on its own without overhauling the entire system. But then, that wouldn't have created a new power-base for the Dems and more government dependancy, would it?

So IOW the driver's not being denied, he's just paying a higher premium. Not the same with the cancer patient.

Back