Miss. Ranked Fattest State in Nation

I still can't get over fried pickles.

lol

Oh yeah, and while down there don't try to get any excercise. At least not with any "weird" Yankee sports like biking, kayaking, or tai chi...you'll get dirty looks and comments from the natives.

At best, tennis and golf are the only "acceptable" forms of outdoor recreation and exercise.

lol

Oh yeah, and while down there don't try to get any excercise. At least not with any "weird" Yankee sports like biking, kayaking, or tai chi...you'll get dirty looks and comments from the natives.

At best, tennis and golf are the only "acceptable" forms of outdoor recreation and exercise.

Kayaking, biking and tai chi suck! One should be made fun of for engaging in those sports!

I still can't get over fried pickles.

They are not too bad.

now a pot of pinto beans with a hunk of smoked hog jowl cooked in, corn bread, pickled corn, onions and fried pork tenderoloin with maybe some fried taters ...MMMMMMMMMM
Of course I like filet mignon, chinese, mexican, etc just not too hot.

Last edited:
In Texas they also eat stuff like chicken fried steak -- a beefsteak that's battered just like chicken and then deep fried. Then they smother it with this goo called sausage cream gravy; I'm not sure how that's made. You can feel your arteries clogging (and your hips expanding) just reading about it. I just can't imagine eating like that!

It's extremely frustrating to shop here for food. Especially spices, etc. People here just don't cook much for themselves, it seems, or they have very limited cookbooks, experience, and/or imaginations. I have to get my mother-in-law to send me dry mustard, for pete's sake! Forget Chervil or anything even slightly exotic!

Oh wait, that should have gone into the complaint thread! ;)

They are not too bad.

now a pot of pinto beans with a hunk of smoked hog jowl cooked in, corn bread, pickled corn, onions and fried pork tenderoloin with maybe some fried taters ...MMMMMMMMMM
Of course I like filet mignon, chinese, mexican, etc just not too hot.
I'll try anything once. BTW - They sell fried ice cream at the mexican restaurants here. It is AWESOME!

Back