Miss. Ranked Fattest State in Nation

In Texas they also eat stuff like chicken fried steak -- a beefsteak that's battered just like chicken and then deep fried. Then they smother it with this goo called sausage cream gravy; I'm not sure how that's made. You can feel your arteries clogging (and your hips expanding) just reading about it. I just can't imagine eating like that!

It's extremely frustrating to shop here for food. Especially spices, etc. People here just don't cook much for themselves, it seems, or they have very limited cookbooks, experience, and/or imaginations. I have to get my mother-in-law to send me dry mustard, for pete's sake! Forget Chervil or anything even slightly exotic!

Oh wait, that should have gone into the complaint thread! ;)

Wow, really, no spices? That does suck.

Kayaking rocks! And goes great with camping.

I've kayacked once. It was real good exercise.

I guess I just have a 'dislike' if you will of the Northeast, the people, the sports teams, Martha's Vineyard, the Hamptons, the acitivities they like etc. I don't care for the attitudes and the snotty elitism I feel many display.

This is just personal opinion of course and I know many people don't like California and the West or the South or whatever area of the country.

I guess I just have a 'dislike' if you will of the Northeast, the people, the sports teams, Martha's Vineyard, the Hamptons, the acitivities they like etc. I don't care for the attitudes and the snotty elitism I feel many display.

This is just personal opinion of course and I know many people don't like California and the West or the South or whatever area of the country.

Excuse you. When have you been to NY? To the Hamptons? And no, I don't feel that way about California.

Martha's vineyard is the bomb!

Hummm..........

That's pretty gross! I've heard of fried ice cream, too. Can't figure out how they could do that (or why). Yuck!

You claim to be a scientist and all...explore the unknown...have you ever tried 'Fried Green Tomatoes,Blackened cat fish'...they sound gross but if ya give it a try they aren't all that bad...mighty tastee...along with Kimshee and raw fish with Horse Radish..lotsa things sound bad..but ya have to be willing to give it a try before ya judge...fair is fair no?

You claim to be a scientist and all...explore the unknown...have you ever tried 'Fried Green Tomatoes,Blackened cat fish'...they sound gross but if ya give it a try they aren't all that bad...mighty tastee...along with Kimshee and raw fish with Horse Radish..lotsa things sound bad..but ya have to be willing to give it a try before ya judge...fair is fair no?

Maybe she wants to live a little while.

Excuse you. When have you been to NY? To the Hamptons? And no, I don't feel that way about California.

LOL... I've been to New York a couple of times. The city itself is awesome I just don't care for the New Yorkers (East Coast) in your face attitude.

Ok, I'm sure the Hamptons are cool and I'm sure Martha's Vineyard is cool. I haven't been to either of those places.

My complaint should have been more specifically the in your face attitudes I feel East Coasters have and the "elitism" attitude I believe many carry.

LOL... I've been to New York a couple of times. The city itself is awesome I just don't care for the New Yorkers (East Coast) in your face attitude.

Ok, I'm sure the Hamptons are cool and I'm sure Martha's Vineyard is cool. I haven't been to either of those places.

My complaint should have been more specifically the in your face attitudes I feel East Coasters have and the "elitism" attitude I believe many carry.

I don't know any people like the ones you describe. You sound like George bush cawacko! It's scary.

Ugh keep the kimshee and raw fish, dried squid, etc...tried em , sucked.

Raw fish is dangerous! All sorts of nasty bacteria, etc. I'm allergic to shellfish and not sure if that extends to such "delicacies" as squid, etc. I'm not willing to tempt fate and none of that is appealing to me in the least, either.

I love to cook but our diet is pretty much confined to what both tastes good and contributes to our health and well being. It shows and it's worth it.

LOL....

Ugh keep the kimshee and raw fish, dried squid, etc...tried em , sucked.

NP at least ya gave it a shot...I like raw fish with Horseradish...albeit when a friend introduced me to this and Kimshee..it took me several beers to give it a go....not too bad really And I love squid...especially... name the most fav way squid is eaten! Besides dried!

Never mind...Calamarie steaks are the best...think I will shop for some this week!

Kayaking is cool and I seriously doubt you'd find much problem with that in Miss. River rats... Tai Chi is incredibly stupid and a waste of time.

NP at least ya gave it a shot...I like raw fish with Horseradish...albeit when a friend introduced me to this and Kimshee..it took me several beers to give it a go....not too bad really And I love squid...especially... name the most fav way squid is eaten! Besides dried!

The dired squid is an all day chewfest.
The reason for the horseradish on raw fish is to cover the flavor. yech.
Love horseradish on a good piece of seared decaying bovine flesh though.

Back