Miss. Ranked Fattest State in Nation

Kayaking is cool and I seriously doubt you'd find much problem with that in Miss. River rats... Tai Chi is incredibly stupid and a waste of time.
Tai chi is cool and very good exercise and can be a very good help in a fight.
This little bitty korean dude taught me years ago, he was amazing. he could just appear to casually bump into a huge dude and send him flying.

LOL...........

Raw fish is dangerous! All sorts of nasty bacteria, etc. I'm allergic to shellfish and not sure if that extends to such "delicacies" as squid, etc. I'm not willing to tempt fate and none of that is appealing to me in the least, either.

I love to cook but our diet is pretty much confined to what both tastes good and contributes to our health and well being. It shows and it's worth it.

What a scientist ya are...Fish is no more dangerous than any other meat product..the clue being the preparation and knowing where the product was from and how fresh it is...Don't the French like raw steak...name the tune! Or what I am referring to!;)

It's extremely frustrating to shop here for food. Especially spices, etc. People here just don't cook much for themselves, it seems, or they have very limited cookbooks, experience, and/or imaginations. I have to get my mother-in-law to send me dry mustard, for pete's sake! Forget Chervil or anything even slightly exotic!

Are you referring to Texas? Southern and Soul food are primarily based on stuff that was cheap or the masters did not want. Imagination was crucial.

Kayaking is cool and I seriously doubt you'd find much problem with that in Miss. River rats... Tai Chi is incredibly stupid and a waste of time.

1 Billion Chinese can't be wrong. You'll see when you get older.

Tai chi is great for older people. My mom did it for years. Its great for maintaining muscle limberness, and reducing stress.

1 Billion Chinese can't be wrong. You'll see when you get older.

Tai chi is great for older people. My mom did it for years. Its great for maintaining muscle limberness, and reducing stress.

It also proigrams your body to one thought complex movements in a fight.

This little bitty korean dude taught me years ago, he was amazing. he could just appear to casually bump into a huge dude and send him flying.

Actually, I was thinking more Qigong. But neither are worthwhile as exercise.

Are you referring to Texas? Southern and Soul food are primarily based on stuff that was cheap or the masters did not want. Imagination was crucial.

and alot of what the slaves(forgive the innuendo not meant as derogatory) cooked has become a menu item in alot of upscale restaurants today....Mighty tastee dishes were invented out of desparation and lack of fresh produce,meat etc...gotta love our ancestors !

yeah how did you wind up in that bleak place. The old joke is that all the old places had wagon wheels beside the gates because that is where the wagon broke down so they stayed :)

yeah how did you wind up in that bleak place. The old joke is that all the old places had wagon wheels beside the gates because that is where the wagon broke down so they stayed :)

LOL. I wouldn't be surprised! I've always wondered how people travelling west across this area ever got water. Still, very few actually tried, fewer succeeded.

HUmmm.............

Korea has mighty tastee food....however for the dojo I prefer....'KravMaga'..just me mind ya I am old school!

Are you over the ogalla aquifer that is being sucked dry ?

Unfortunately, yes. Nobody seems to understand how the water got in there in the first place (probably during the last Ice Age) and it isn't being replenished (can't be) by rainfall. The amount used by agriculture is a huge concern, and more efficient means of irrigation are constantly being researched and encouraged in the region.

The only open body of water here is an artificial lake.

I don't know any people like the ones you describe. You sound like George bush cawacko! It's scary.

That's because your one of them! You wouldn't recognize it. You are definitely an in your face type I believe. I'm sure you're like that off the board as well. I don't mean to say it as a negative I just come from the Midwest, the South. Texas and California where it is different.

This is antedotal but I believe people represent many others in the East. We have Boston, New York and Princeton, NJ offices and interacting with those people is completely different than what I am use to. They are abrasive and confident/cocky/arrogant. That's how they operate and they see nothing wrong with it.

Again, its just very different than me hence my not caring for it.

First of all, fried pickles? I am so going to puke. That is gross.

Well, Mississippi, followed closely by W Virginia and Alabama. What a surprise.

They are so delicious, really. The Sonic use to make them and called them pickaloes. I guess you have to be from the South or MidWest to appreciate such fine fare!

I don't eat them anymore, I gave up fried foods long ago, accept for the once a year fried chicken I do for the hubby!

They are so delicious, really. The Sonic use to make them and called them pickaloes. I guess you have to be from the South or MidWest to appreciate such fine fare!

I don't eat them anymore, I gave up fried foods long ago, accept for the once a year fried chicken I do for the hubby!
There's a KFC just two blocks from my house. Well, two and a half. Oh my, does it smell gooooood when the wind's from that quarter. Very distracting. ;)

There's a KFC just two blocks from my house. Well, two and a half. Oh my, does it smell gooooood when the wind's from that quarter. Very distracting. ;)

Hey, haven't they switched to "no trans fat"?

I don't know how you can do it, it also has to be sickening at times!

Back