More Republicans against freedom!

so you don't really know the law and were just pulling pieces of shit from your ass. all you had to say.

I just wondered out loud why you'd ask me a question you yourself had already answered just yesterday.

You didn't want to know what I thought yesterday...you just wanted to spit some more venom at me while telling me what I think.

NOW suddenly you expect an answer.

what intimidation? if the MDA group was truly intimidated, they would never have showed up.

You're not very good at understanding others' viewpoints even if you don't agree with them. You live in a state where carrying a rifle is like carrying a purse. You're used to seeing guns every time you turn around but it makes us uncomfortable. It's not customary here even though it's legal.

And before you tell me something about cops carrying guns, I'd be happy if cops here went unarmed except for batons or sprays.

You're not very good at understanding others' viewpoints even if you don't agree with them. You live in a state where carrying a rifle is like carrying a purse. You're used to seeing guns every time you turn around but it makes us uncomfortable. It's not customary here even though it's legal.

And before you tell me something about cops carrying guns, I'd be happy if cops here went unarmed except for batons or sprays.

What state does he live in?

Ah...and you dont like cops anymore than he does, apparently :)

Last edited:
Next time you think you're in danger, call a Democrat politician, then. Forget 911.

It's why I stay out of trouble and give them a wide berth.

"In 1996, after the deaths of two African-American men in Police custody, the ACLU and the NAACP filed a class action lawsuit against the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, alleging a pattern of civil rights abuses. After an investigation, the US Justice Department joined the suit in January 1997, stating "that there is a pattern or practice of conduct by law enforcement officers of the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police that deprives persons of rights, privileges, and immunities secured and protected by the Constitution and laws of the United States".[SUP][6][/SUP]

After a brief court challenge, the City entered into a consent decree with the federal government in April 1997 that outlined the steps that it would take to improve its conduct. The decree was lifted from the Police Bureau in 2001, and from the Office of Municipal Investigation in 2002.[SUP][7][/SUP] Community activists in Pittsburgh successfully used a referendum to create an independent review board in 1997.[SUP][8][/SUP] A study commissioned by the US Department of Justice in 2001 found that 70% of Pittsburgh's African-American residents believe it either "very common" or "somewhat common" for "police officers in Pittsburgh to use excessive force" and that only 48% feel that the Police are doing a "very good" or "somewhat good" "job of fighting crime", while 77% of white residents responded so.[SUP][7][/SUP]

In February 2013 the FBI and IRS seized boxes of documents from police headquarters and the independent police credit union concerning thousands of deposits and withdrawals of tax payer money from unauthorized accounts.[SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][10][/SUP][SUP][11][/SUP] Allegations have been made against former Chief Nate Harper, who was forced to resign on February 20, 2013 due to the FBI and IRS investigations. On March 22nd a Federal Grand Jury indicted Harper for stealing over $31,000 in tax payer money as well as not filing personal income tax returns for years 2008-2011. Harper had various checks deposited into these unauthorized secret accounts that were skimmed off a police fund, and then he used a debit card to withdrawal cash as well as use the debit card to spend lavishly on food and alcohol in high end restaurants, buy a satellite radio, giftcards, perfume, and even an oven upgrade. The full indictment was published by local media. [SUP][12][/SUP]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Police

He lives in Texas.

If you knew Pittsburgh cops you'd understand my position. I don't hate them like STY, though; I just deeply distrust them.

Well you're wrong about him then, because open carry of firearms is illegal in TX.

For you to want them armed with non-lethal weapons when nearly anyone they need to arrest is going to be armed with lethal ones....gonna be a lot of dead cops and not too many signing up to replace them. Basically you are wishing them all dead.

It's why I stay out of trouble and give them a wide berth.

"In 1996, after the deaths of two African-American men in Police custody, the ACLU and the NAACP filed a class action lawsuit against the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, alleging a pattern of civil rights abuses. After an investigation, the US Justice Department joined the suit in January 1997, stating "that there is a pattern or practice of conduct by law enforcement officers of the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police that deprives persons of rights, privileges, and immunities secured and protected by the Constitution and laws of the United States".[SUP][6][/SUP]

After a brief court challenge, the City entered into a consent decree with the federal government in April 1997 that outlined the steps that it would take to improve its conduct. The decree was lifted from the Police Bureau in 2001, and from the Office of Municipal Investigation in 2002.[SUP][7][/SUP] Community activists in Pittsburgh successfully used a referendum to create an independent review board in 1997.[SUP][8][/SUP] A study commissioned by the US Department of Justice in 2001 found that 70% of Pittsburgh's African-American residents believe it either "very common" or "somewhat common" for "police officers in Pittsburgh to use excessive force" and that only 48% feel that the Police are doing a "very good" or "somewhat good" "job of fighting crime", while 77% of white residents responded so.[SUP][7][/SUP]

In February 2013 the FBI and IRS seized boxes of documents from police headquarters and the independent police credit union concerning thousands of deposits and withdrawals of tax payer money from unauthorized accounts.[SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][10][/SUP][SUP][11][/SUP] Allegations have been made against former Chief Nate Harper, who was forced to resign on February 20, 2013 due to the FBI and IRS investigations. On March 22nd a Federal Grand Jury indicted Harper for stealing over $31,000 in tax payer money as well as not filing personal income tax returns for years 2008-2011. Harper had various checks deposited into these unauthorized secret accounts that were skimmed off a police fund, and then he used a debit card to withdrawal cash as well as use the debit card to spend lavishly on food and alcohol in high end restaurants, buy a satellite radio, giftcards, perfume, and even an oven upgrade. The full indictment was published by local media. [SUP][12][/SUP]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Police

DIdnt see much...or anything...about guns in there. And taking their guns away wouldnt have changed any of it (that I read).

Well you're wrong about him then, because open carry of firearms is illegal in TX.

For you to want them armed with non-lethal weapons when nearly anyone they need to arrest is going to be armed with lethal ones....gonna be a lot of dead cops and not too many signing up to replace them. Basically you are wishing them all dead.

What about OCT and the demonstration with the moms? Why weren't those people arrested?

STY and I have had this argument for years now. You have to know the history.

What about OCT and the demonstration with the moms? Why weren't those people arrested?

STY and I have had this argument for years now. You have to know the history.

I dont think that particular demonstration took place in TX.

And OC is not legal in TX...they would have been arrested in TX in a OCing in a restaurant parking lot.

I dont think that particular demonstration took place in TX.

And OC is not legal in TX...they would have been arrested in TX in a OCing in a restaurant parking lot.

It was in Dallas, Texas.

"I just spoke with Kory Watkins, the man who organized the controversial Open Carry Texas protest that I’ve been documenting here and here. As I noted earlier, some members of Open Carry Texas were claiming on Facebook and on the Bearing Arms blog that they had interacted with Moms Demand Action at a protest in Dallas, thus diminishing MDA’s claim that it was so intimidated by their presence that they had to hide out in a nearby restaurant. An hour ago, MDA’s spokeswoman. Shannon Watts, told me that her group flatly denied that this was the case, and implied that, because Open Carry Texas’s members were bearing arms with intent to intimidate, their openly carrying rifles was illegal in Texas."

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...and-mysterious-photographer-charles-c-w-cooke

It was in Dallas, Texas.

"I just spoke with Kory Watkins, the man who organized the controversial Open Carry Texas protest that I’ve been documenting here and here. As I noted earlier, some members of Open Carry Texas were claiming on Facebook and on the Bearing Arms blog that they had interacted with Moms Demand Action at a protest in Dallas, thus diminishing MDA’s claim that it was so intimidated by their presence that they had to hide out in a nearby restaurant. An hour ago, MDA’s spokeswoman. Shannon Watts, told me that her group flatly denied that this was the case, and implied that, because Open Carry Texas’s members were bearing arms with intent to intimidate, their openly carrying rifles was illegal in Texas."

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...and-mysterious-photographer-charles-c-w-cooke

Hmm. Maybe it just applies to open carry of handguns then. Every state is different. The guys on the gun forums mostly discuss the laws for defensive carrying.

But your point still isnt valid then. Gun ownership is indeed common in TX and if open carry of long guns is legal, then why would he be any more used to seeing them than those women? If they are as prevalent as you wrote in your post.

Back