Most Americans aren't financially ready for a $1,000 emergency?!!

No I actually only have like 5 or 10% in bonds. The rest is in stock and yea I'm maxing it out. Between the generous contributions of my company and the large contributions I'm making have dropped me into a lower tax bracket that parts working out pretty well. Recently though the market has not been to kind to me. Not since the Chinese market plunged at least.

I fail to understand the math on bonds for a young man!
Also hear me out, you should be praying for a crash.
Matters not what your balance is now
Buy low sell high

Another good thing to invest in is long-term care insurance. That plus disability insurance will set you up, along with Roths and 401k.

Last edited:
It seems there is substantial concern be board lefties for those who haven't saved. And I am sure that their self aggrandizement and notions of compassion will compel them to proclaim that "something must be done" (by the government of course).

Never mind that 30 years of easy credit and low interest rates have all but obliterated the notion of saving.

No, the government must FIX the problem they created

So my question to the board libbies. For those of you who have saved for retirement, would you be willing to have half of your savings confiscated and redistributed to a family that has not saved?

That's what I said when I was your age. If you don't have it that will be your own fault for not fighting to defend it. Which wouldn't be difficult as the shortfalls in SS can be easily fixed if there is the political will too.
Yes, like an opt-out for those of us with enough foresight to not prop up a shitty program.

SS is my monthly, non-deductible gift to the elderly. Many of the recipients are still pre-Kaboomer, so it's not quite an annoyance, yet.

SS is my monthly, non-deductible gift to the elderly. Many of the recipients are still pre-Kaboomer, so it's not quite an annoyance, yet.

It is the tax I hate more than any other. I would give up so much just to dissolve SS and get my money back.

It is the tax I hate more than any other. I would give up so much just to dissolve SS and get my money back.

I have been paying all my life.

I dont hate old people

you hate me for paying it all my life for others and want to make sure I never get benefits.

why are you such a sociopath?

I have been paying all my life.

I dont hate old people

you hate me for paying it all my life for others and want to make sure I never get benefits.

why are you such a sociopath?

You're supposed to be paying it for yourself. The reason you are paying for your elders is because the government spent all of their savings, and the program has become insolvent.

You're supposed to be paying it for yourself. The reason you are paying for your elders is because the government spent all of their savings, and the program has become insolvent.

nope asshole

the first group had paid nothing in.

we paid for them.

yes there would have been a surplus if your evil fucks had insisted on spending it

Back