Most Americans aren't financially ready for a $1,000 emergency?!!

nope asshole

the first group had paid nothing in.

we paid for them.

yes there would have been a surplus if your evil fucks had insisted on spending it

Democrats had nothing to do with any of the spending? Who was the President who put SS funds into the general fund to allow them to be spent on anything? Do you recall?

In other words, a formal trust fund was established for the Social Security program and the credits already on the Treasury's books for the Social Security program were to be transferred to this Fund, along with all future revenues raised for the program.

from your own link you fucking idiot

No, I was wrong, the average retirement savings for a 50 something is around $115,000.

I have a little more than double that, which puts me on track to where I need to be according to the experts. It doesn't hurt that my wife, who is significantly younger has around $100K saved in her mid 30's. I would be in a much better position if I hadn't of gone flat assed broke due to circumstances and events associated with the break up with my ex. Lost about $100,000 in savings for various reason there.

You're fortunate Damo. Most couples with children don't earn enough to start saving for retirement till they hit their late 30's, early 40's. Then it becomes a struggle.

I'm not going to be rich in retirement. If things go as planned I'll have half a million at retirement age. However, my wife won't be of retirement age until, assuming I live to the median age, kick the bucket. If we continue to invest like we are currently doing until my retirement, supplement her income with a 4% draw down on my retirement fund and SS to live on plus have the condo paid off, we'll live at around 80% of our current household income, which would still be well above the median household income and she should be able to retire with around $1 million in savings.

Let's hope it works out that way! LOL

Why do you think I'm "fortunate" or "lucky"? I worked and saved early. This idea that most people "cannot afford" it is silly. I simply got the cheapest living arrangement possible and saved money early on so that I would have money later on. I got married later than most because I waited and had money to save because I planned.

Why do you think I'm "fortunate" or "lucky"? I worked and saved early. This idea that most people "cannot afford" it is silly. I simply got the cheapest living arrangement possible and saved money early on so that I would have money later on. I got married later than most because I waited and had money to save because I planned.

Because of your white privilege. You see because of slavery blacks have been taught to spend all they have and not save. Saving money and preparing for the future is just white privilege

Everybody with a job can save something, Damo is right.
I studied millionaires to learn how to get there.
There are plenty of examples of teachers and firefighter types as millionaires.
One of the keys is not getting into the jones race

In other words, a formal trust fund was established for the Social Security program and the credits already on the Treasury's books for the Social Security program were to be transferred to this Fund, along with all future revenues raised for the program.

????.....exactly the opposite.....how can you make up a lie like that and expect to get away with it.... a unified budget is by no means a formal trust fund just for SS.....

I have been paying all my life.

I dont hate old people

you hate me for paying it all my life for others and want to make sure I never get benefits.

why are you such a sociopath?

so your parents forced you into child labor, the moment you were birthed??

Everybody with a job can save something, Damo is right.
I studied millionaires to learn how to get there.
There are plenty of examples of teachers and firefighter types as millionaires.
One of the keys is not getting into the jones race

I was reading about the early 90s study about how most American millionaires live. Used cars, simple homes, department store clothes, and some very meager budgets, were the surprise results.

I was reading about the early 90s study about how most American millionaires live. Used cars, simple homes, department store clothes, and some very meager budgets, were the surprise results.

one million

not multi millions

then your assholes crashed the economy

that was exactly why the republicans crashed the housing market.

to get at the babyboomers land values.

its why so many were edging being milllionares

I read that book, the millionaire next door.
They drive 4 year old American cars, don't wear $1,000 suites and expensive watches, travel to Europe
Keeping up with the jones makes it tough to sock away a million.
I always had smaller houses and cheaper cars than I could qualify for.
Most people making $70,000 prob spend more than me

Back