Most Common Jobs Of The One Percenters: Report

You introduced this myth. Are you ashamed to admit you fell for it?

I assure you, I am not the originator of the "American Dream". If you think it started with me, you're just ignorant.

And I guess you're going with option 2) It's a cynical lie designed to mislead the population.

Many people believe "The American Dream" was the impulse for the founding of our nation in the first place. Are all those founding values a joke to you?

It's funny that you call yourself "Patriot".

I assure you, I am not the originator of the "American Dream". If you think it started with me, you're just ignorant. And I guess you're going with option 2) It's a cynical lie designed to mislead the population. Many people believe "The American Dream" was the impulse for the founding of our nation in the first place. Are all those founding values a joke to you?
It's funny that you call yourself "Patriot".

Guess away.

You brought the "American Dream" into the discussion.

Is this a discussion? You refuse to comment on your understanding of it and seem to think it's my idea. What does it mean to you? Share with us.

You introduced it to the thread. Now you want to pretend all sorts of things are facts that aren't. It's not working.

I understand that something called a "dream" is highly unlikely to be real. Whereas you seemed to have bought into the myth.

What is your understanding of The American Dream then, besides it being a dream. And this is dream more in the sense of a goal or an understanding of what our laws and institutions should facilitate.

I think your question deserves it's own thread. "What is your definition of the American Dream?" You should make it. See how few Right Wingers answer it.

AP wants you to start your own thread, AHZ. Hop to it.

In the meantime, let's ask how many of the 1% are left-of center.

He answered you bone head! You didn't answer him!......the story of this forum....Left brings a debate, Right dodges.

LOL.

"people that aren't working or trying to look for work also make up big portions of the 1 percent."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/18/1-percent-most-common-jobs_n_1017640.html#s417253title=10_Business_Operations

Why do you hate the unemployed?

It just proves that all the 'a rising tide raises all ships' dogma is trash. And it proves that the economy is structured not to facilitate upward mobility, but to further enrichen the already rich, contrary to the alleged "American Dream".

So you are saying that JFK the democrat was full of shit?

I don't know, I have been pretty upwardly mobile throughout my life. You haven't? I am sorry that you haven't. Would you like some advice on the right things to do?

How do corporations make you do anything? How are they personally harming you?

They are harming many americans by choosing to send their jobs overseas, lay them off, reduce benefits, and lower their wages, despite record profits. This is harmful to individuals and the nation as a whole. Have you been watching the news? Have you noted anything about the economy? It's bad.

Back