Most Common Jobs Of The One Percenters: Report

The idea that a man coming from poverty can do anything through hard work, and additionally that each generation can raise their standard of living from the previous generation. What's your version of the american dream? You have heard the phrase right?

how can anyone dispute that that is what the American dream is? Except - instead of "a man coming from poverty" I would change to "a person coming from poverty"

isn't that why so many have immigrated here?

If Patriot doesn't know the American dream, he's not much of a patriot.

how can anyone dispute that that is what the American dream is? Except - instead of "a man coming from poverty" I would change to "a person coming from poverty" isn't that why so many have immigrated here? If Patriot doesn't know the American dream, he's not much of a patriot.

You're confused. AHZ said:

It just proves that all the 'a rising tide raises all ships' dogma is trash. And it proves that the economy is structured not to facilitate upward mobility, but to further enrichen the already rich, contrary to the alleged "American Dream".

It's a cynical lie designed to mislead the population. Many people believe "The American Dream" was the impulse for the founding of our nation in the first place.

Yet when challenged, he seemed unable to cite the provenance of this "dream".

In fact, James Truslow Adams coined the term "the American Dream". In 1931. Hardly a Founding Father.

how can anyone dispute that that is what the American dream is? Except - instead of "a man coming from poverty" I would change to "a person coming from poverty"

isn't that why so many have immigrated here?

If Patriot doesn't know the American dream, he's not much of a patriot.

A person?

:rofl2:

Such PC claptrap. Jeebus

A person?

:rofl2:

Such PC claptrap. Jeebus

She probably thinks there were Founding Persons.
Rofl_3c.gif

You're confused. AHZ said:

Yet when challenged, he seemed unable to cite the provenance of this "dream".

In fact, James Truslow Adams coined the term "the American Dream". In 1931. Hardly a Founding Father.

Provenance is for old ladies talking about vases. What's your opinion on the content of said dream?

And the founders did have a dream, that was american. What were they wanting when they endeavored to found this nation? Were they really wanting to establish a nation with a firmly entrenched immutable elite class, or did they want something different? It seems to me your values are similar to those from which they were fleeing.

How's that? If operating expenses need to be cut and overseas workers save labor costs, shareowners (the people who built the company and own it) benefit. Some of them are Americans.

Why do you want to rob American investors of their dividends?

the employees who get cut or get their wages or benefits cut are effected, that's how it is.

Why do you want to rob americans of decent jobs?

the employees who get cut or get their wages or benefits cut are effected, that's how it is. Why do you want to rob americans of decent jobs?

People whose skills don't meet a need at a competitive rate get cut. They need to change their skill set, find another market for their labor or reduce their wage demands.

Products that don't meet a need or are overpriced get cut. Other products, or products with lower prices are produced instead, to become competitive.

Companies that don't adapt get cut. People that don't adapt get cut.

Is this news to you?

People whose skills don't meet a need at a competitive rate get cut. They need to change their skill set, find another market for their labor or reduce their wage demands.

Products that don't meet a need or are overpriced get cut. Other products, or products with lower prices are produced instead,

Companies that don't adapt get cut. People that don't adapt get cut.

Is this news to you?

That all sounds nice in theory, but with globalization and outsourcing there is really no way to compete with overseas slaves.

Reject the freedom-destroying anti-human simplistic notions of your free-market radicalism.

Provenance is for old ladies talking about vases. What's your opinion on the content of said dream?

And the founders did have a dream, that was american. What were they wanting when they endeavored to found this nation? Were they really wanting to establish a nation with a firmly entrenched immutable elite class, or did they want something different? It seems to me your values are similar to those from which they were fleeing.

No they wanted a government that protected private property and free exchange. Not government force which you support

No they wanted a government that protected private property and free exchange. Not government force which you support

And life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The poverty you envision for most americans allows none of those.

And i mostly see the government supporting the interests of it's large corporate benefactors.

And life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The poverty you envision for most americans allows none of those. And i mostly see the government supporting the interests of it's large corporate benefactors.

Your ignorance isn't my problem.

You are free to pursue happiness.

You think that means employers should be forced to pay you more than your labor is worth in a competive market, don't you?

Back