Most of you cannot pass this test to graduate from the eighth grade.

I passed it with a tenth grade education. Well, half of eleventh grade too. But like I said. I didn't go to public school. My tenth grade education is better than a twelfth grade education in most public schools. In fact, it is equivalent to the bachelors degree college students are receiving these days.
Depends on your frame of reference. To someone with a graduate education in a STEM field your writing skills appear to be around 10th to 11th grade. Which isn't an insult as most high school graduates have 6th grade reading/writing skills. Oh....just so you know...most students who attend private high schools score worse in math, science, writing and reading comprehension than their public school counterparts.

Depends on your frame of reference. To someone with a graduate education in a STEM field your writing skills appear to be around 10th to 11th grade. Which isn't an insult as most high school graduates have 6th grade reading/writing skills. Oh....just so you know...most students who attend private high schools score worse in math, science, writing and reading comprehension than their public school counterparts.
don't let the CSG parents hear you uttering that (have you ever taken a glance at the tuition there? Of course you do get to eat a gourmet lunch in a dining room with real dishes)

Sorry. I just don't believe that for one second.
Actaully to be honest it depends on whether you consider Charter and Magnet schools private schools. If you do than yes, public schools outperform private schools as the poor performance of Charter and Magnet schools dilute the scores of truly Private Schools.

IF you don't then Private Schools do outperform Public Schools across the board. However, that's really not a fair comparison though. Studies have shown that when you compare students of the same socio-economic classes that the difference is negligible and that public schools in upper middle class to upper class communities often outperform private schools though the differences are pretty negligible.

So to compare Private Schools to Public schools across the board, given socio-economic differences, isn't a valid comparison. It's apples to oranges. So the difference in scores is more indicative of class differences than superior nature of either public or private schools performance. The public schools where I live are evidence of that. Our public schools here in Dublin outperform the vast majority of Private Schools in the country. All Dublin public schools all top 250 schools (both public and private) in the US. That though has more to do with Dublin being a wealthy community than it does anything else.

don't let the CSG parents hear you uttering that (have you ever taken a glance at the tuition there? Of course you do get to eat a gourmet lunch in a dining room with real dishes)
CSG Parents? Sorry...not familiar with that acronym. You really shouldn't use three letter acronyms's when writing as TLA's can be confusing. ;)

Actaully to be honest it depends on whether you consider Charter and Magnet schools private schools. If you do than yes, public schools outperform private schools as the poor performance of Charter and Magnet schools dilute the scores of truly Private Schools.

IF you don't then Private Schools do outperform Public Schools across the board. However, that's really not a fair comparison though. Studies have shown that when you compare students of the same socio-economic classes that the difference is negligible and that public schools in upper middle class to upper class communities often outperform private schools though the differences are pretty negligible.

So to compare Private Schools to Public schools across the board, given socio-economic differences, isn't a valid comparison. It's apples to oranges. So the difference in scores is more indicative of class differences than superior nature of either public or private schools performance. The public schools where I live are evidence of that. Our public schools here in Dublin outperform the vast majority of Private Schools in the country. All Dublin public schools all top 250 schools (both public and private) in the US. That though has more to do with Dublin being a wealthy community than it does anything else.

Informative.

CSG Parents? Sorry...not familiar with that acronym. You really shouldn't use three letter acronyms's when writing as TLA's can be confusing. ;)
Sorry....Columbus School for Girls....when you live here I guess it's assumed that everyone knows CSG...lol
I think our district was ranked fourth in the state last year in U.S. News....there are some great districts around here...Dublin being one of them.

Sorry....Columbus School for Girls....when you live here I guess it's assumed that everyone knows CSG...lol
I think our district was ranked fourth in the state last year in U.S. News....there are some great districts around here...Dublin being one of them.
OIC said the blind man. Do you think Watermark would qualify for CSG?

Yea some people around here complain bitterly about our property taxes. Few of them have school aged kids. LOL

I learned the quadratic formula in high school. Guess what....

Wait

For

It

I have never once used it

Though I have used my undergraduate and post graduate classes for some things.

I get it, that stuff makes you think more, but it is not practical in any way unless you bint her sciences.

Kids needs to be taught economics as important as math.

I passed it with a tenth grade education. Well, half of eleventh grade too. But like I said. I didn't go to public school. My tenth grade education is better than a twelfth grade education in most public schools. In fact, it is equivalent to the bachelors degree college students are receiving these days.

:lolup:

When you post personal information like this,It becomes public information! Just stayin

What bullshit.

Good for you. I most likely would pass it also but why bother? I gain nothing and if I do bad I will get an EGO slap.

Doubtful.

BTW, after Googling it and perusing some fact checking sites, most of them are of the opinion that it was not a test for eighth graders but possibly a test for eighth grade TEACHERS.

One of the reasons for that idea is that at one point, in the instructions of the original test (there are copies of the actual test around) it talks about "applicants" rather than students.

It could also possibly be a college admissions exam.

What bullshit.

No. It isn't. My tenth grade education was good enough to place high enough in A-school, in the military, to get to choose my duty station. One of three, in my class, given that privilege. I could have chosen anything but nuke. That's a warhead technician on a nuclear sub, BTW. I know it's galling to know that a Conservative is smarter then you, but there it is. Sucks to be you. LOL

Wow,I never knew you lived there,they have a amazing Best Western in Columbus,reasonable rooms,I stay they whenever I go to Columbus to spend some time with a dear,dear frenemy!

No. It isn't. My tenth grade education was good enough to place high enough in A-school, in the military, to get to choose my duty station. One of three, in my class, given that privilege. I could have chosen anything but nuke. That's a warhead technician on a nuclear sub, BTW. I know it's galling to know that a Conservative is smarter then you, but there it is. Sucks to be you. LOL

Your tenth grade dropout status is embarrassingly obvious.

Only a tenth grade dropout would think that scoring high on an enlisted military exam is something to boast about.

Um.... It asks to describe Yukon, which didn't exist till three years after. I'm guessing this isn't what it claims.

Your tenth grade dropout status is embarrassingly obvious.

Only a tenth grade dropout would think that scoring high on an enlisted military exam is something to boast about.

It wasn't the exam. It was based on my CLASSROOM performance. There were around twenty of us. I was in the top three.

Back