Motley Crue on Netflix

Sadly for you, that was the golden era of the Who, Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd etc.

I had an auto reverse cassette player when The Wall came out and I played it for a month straight.

Whoever invented the 8-track player should have been flogged and quartered.

I was down with all that stuff too. I wore the grooves off my Who, Zep, Rolling Stones, and Floyd albums.

"Who's Next" is one of the top five albums ever made, followed closely by Wish You Were Here.

Couldn’t agree more. Unquestionably Metallica was the greatest heavy metal band of that era and they had to leave LA and get away from the Hair, Hair, Hair scene to prove it.

When I think of Motley Crue I think of the Song Cherry Bomb...and it wasn’t even one of their songs! LOL

It might as well as been.

As in the Runaways 'Cherry Bomb'??? Joan Jett etc...?

I am the first to admit I was cranking a lot of cheese metal in the 80s. My car stereo speakers were routinely cranking Ratt, Quiet Riot, Crue, and Def Leppard.

In my defense, I avoided Boy George, Vanilla Ice, Duran Duran, and Milli Vanili like the plague -- which a crap load of other people did not!
Well I think I was clear that I didn’t think highly of what I call the Hair bands

I had an auto reverse cassette player when The Wall came out and I played it for a month straight.
You’re a bit off topic Rune. Those were all prog rock bands, of whom one band you can guess I was particularly fond of, but were talking about metal bands.

I liked Great White Ratt Snake Poison, except they only had one good song.

The only good band from their entire genre was Guns and Roses.
Agreed. GnR was the best band to come out of LA since The Doors. The very best of the 80’s Hair bands. When all the others were a schtick they were the real deal. Probably the worst concert, next to George Thuroughgood, I saw.

They say a GnR concert had no middle ground. They wanted to play or they didn’t. I caught on a night they didn’t. They were practically boos off the stage and Axle was being an asshole. He didn’t want to be there and he showed it.

George Thuroughgood was an asshole too. Fucker played for 30 minutes, walked off stage and the show was over.

last time I dropped acid - i watched the wall with some girl. outstanding video

Are all these your guitars? ... ... Um, Can I get a drink of water? You want ... Do you wanna take bath? ...
Are you feeling okay?

Maybe it’s the hot blonde.

Maybe, but that doesn't explain why it was played so much on the bar jukeboxes.
Kinda like "You Shook Me..."by AC/DC, I always thought it sucked. AC/DC wrote like
what, 16 albums and people still play the shit out of that song! I saw them twice,
For Those About To Rock is by far their best live song and there's 50+ more that
are better than "Shook." What is wrong with people!

I would put them in the top 20 of Heavy Metal Bands....but not the top five. Then again I've seen Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Van Halen, Kiss, Blue Oyster Cult...all of whom I enjoyed more than Metallica.

In fact none of those came close to Led Zeppelin in concert. AC/DC was a lot of fun and no one puts on a better show than Kiss or Alice Cooper but when you put the whole package together, the music, atmosphere, the energy, the show...Zeppelin walked off and left the others behind.

I would agree they're notable. I've seen every band you mentioned but Zep. I saw Black Sabbath with both Ozzy and Dio (Dio was better by far, but only Ozzy can sing Ozzy) and Deep Purple/Bad Company on the same ticket and that one was awesome!

Kinda like "You Shook Me..."by AC/DC, I always thought it sucked. AC/DC wrote like
what, 16 albums and people still play the shit out of that song! I saw them twice,
For Those About To Rock is by far their best live song and there's 50+ more that

first concert I attended was AC/DC, will always have a soft spot for them

first concert I attended was AC/DC, will always have a soft spot for them

AC/DC was good both times. I was fortunate to see them just before Phil and then Malcom's departure. They rock.
My first concert was Alice Cooper...with his original band, in "75. Saw him 2 yrs. ago, he still rocks.

Not many bands do what AC/DC did and replaced one of the top frontmen in Rock, as they did after Bon Scott died. They were still a great band but just not as good without him.

Not many bands do what AC/DC did and replaced one of the top frontmen in Rock, as they did after Bon Scott died. They were still a great band but just not as good without him.

I've only seen videos of Bon's performances. I'd say Brian was a good choice. They were good and got better as a band, neither vocalist would have changed that.

Wut?
Highway to Hell was their last good album.

There has never been a rock vocalist like Bon Scott, before or since his death. Because of the style he used in AD/DC, people do not realize the guy was actually technically a very good singer. There is some video of some of the Australian bands Bon played in before AC/DC, including a folk rock band which showcases Bon's quite good singing voice.

Another thing most people don't realize: Powerage is the best AC/DC album by a country mile, and I actually rank it in the top five rock albums of all time without hesitation. When you get right down to it, those first five AC/DC albums with Bon Scott set the standard for their style, totally revolutionized how people ultimately came to consider good hard rock, and as a body of work they totally blew away the Brian Johnson era -- even as good as the album Back in Black was. And I actually like Brian Johnson.

Just my two cents.

Wut?
Highway to Hell was their last good album.

Say what you will. They did get better, most bands that have long careers get better. They stood the test of time and produced some good music on the way.
Boston is one example of a band that had a great debut album but couldn't better it. They weren't too bad live back then, but I've heard they really suck now.

Back