Motley Crue on Netflix

Watched the Crue movie twice this weekend. It’s pretty incredible these guys are still alive after all they’ve done to their bodies. Unreal.

I was totally underwhelmed by this movie, which had an undergraduate film school feel about it.

One could tell a story about drunken debauchery in 40 minutes, it doesn't need a two hour movie.

These type of hagiographic film attempts are rarely that interesting, although I forgot that Vince Neil killed Razzle of Hanoi Rocks in a drunk driving accident, and that Nikki Sixx died from a heroin overdose and was brought back to life with a shot of adrenaline straight to the heart in the back of the ambulance. Overall, these guys were just dirtbags.

The best rock film I have seen in the last two decades was Some Kind of Monster (Metallica) which tells a an interesting and compelling story, putting the band in a vulnerable light, and does not treat the band in a hagiographic, caricatured, hero-worship kind of way, which is what a lot of the films in this kind of genre tend do.

Back