Mountain West Conference

Sorry, OSU has 77 draft picks with 19 1st rounders to Miami's 65 (not 69) draft picks with 26 first rounders in the last 10 years .

Well I don't think anyone poo-poo's Florida's chances. With the cupcake scehdule they have and the SEC Bias of the pollsters they have a solid shot, if they can get past the SEC west champ and Both Bama and Auborn look better than Florida and LSU looks like they can play them pretty good too. I doubt this is Florida's year.

I also fail to see how anything having to do with Miami has anything to do with the SEC? Ohio State proved in 2002 that Miami was over rated and ended their so called dynasty and they didn't look to hot this weekend either. Florida State and Miami are middle of the road football teams playing in a basketball conference. They would compete well against the MAC or the Moutain West or Big East and other Basketball conferences like the ACC but arean't in the same league as the Big 10, Big 12, Pag 10 or SEC and haven't been since 2001.

The numbers I quoted are from Sports Illustrated.
Refresh my memory, which ranked teams did OSU, Penn St., or Mich play this year? They're the only 3, farther down, ranked teams in the Big Ten and except for the OSU/USC game which they lost, all three have played also-rans. At the same time, I'll repeat, 3 of the first 4 ranked teams are in the SEC, Auburn and Georgia not among them and even those 2 would be contenders if in the Big Ten.
The reality is, just follow the sunshine for quality college football, Dixie, the Southwest, and California have now supplanted the slower style game of the Big Ten, Notre Dame and other former Eastern powers. I believe OSU has 8 or 9 Florida kids on the team, as many as from their next door neighbors, Michigan and Pennsylvania, "there must be a reason" that they recruit that strongly so far afield.
Was that OSU/Miami game the one decided by an end of game interference call in the 2nd OT? I don't think that was exactly a humiliating romp.
I think one can safely say VTech is a much better team than Iowa, Illinois, or Indiana, the 3 teams your "powers" played!
Our "basketball conferences" for the past 2 decades have produced 11 national FOOTBALL champions, more than all the others combined.(Oh yes, we win baketball titles too.) The final results are based on a game not judge's biases.
I can't say I blame you for being blinded by a longing for the good old days, fear not, I got over it, you probably can also.

Last edited:
Back