Nature, beer, the coming holidays, or whatever.

I was also born in Dayton, lived in Kettering till we moved to STL in 1961. Sirens. Oh lordy. Sure remember those things.

Small world. Mom always likes to get some Marion's Pizza when we visit. It's been a Dayton staple, but didn't start till 1965. I actually lived not that far from Wright Patterson Air Force Base.

My family built a house from scratch in New Carlisle, but the family business became scarce, thanks in part to a certain political hero of some. My parents ended up moving into a smaller house with the family. I have 4 brothers, and a sister, so I imagine my parents must have loved that.
I used to go to the strip joints in New Carlisle. Lord they were awful.

Fairborn? I lived there when I went to Wright State.

Actually it was just off the highway into Park Layne. It's the area that was hit with a tornado recently. In fact if you google Park Layne, the picture for it is the mangled Sunoco station. I always remembered driving by the base, and now a couple of my family members even work at the base.

My family built a house from scratch in New Carlisle, but the family business became scarce, thanks in part to a certain political hero of some. My parents ended up moving into a smaller house with the family. I have 4 brothers, and a sister, so I imagine my parents must have loved that.

New Carlisle! I was I think maybe 6 or so; my mom's puppy ran away and got hit by a car on Stroop Rd. and died. Some months later we went to New Carlisle to pick out a puppy from a breeder of Fox Terriers there. Have always laughed at my then-self thinking how big the mom was and wondering as I got older why her daughter was only a foot tall.

Small world. :)

I started my career working at GM Delphi Chassis in Kettering.

What year was that? We moved when I was a little kid, in 1961, to STL. My dad worked for Monsanto; they built their world HQ in STL that year. My memories of the area are the typical vague and fuzzy kid ones, although when I looked at Google Earth I could still find and recognize our house and the grade school I went to.

New Carlisle! I was I think maybe 6 or so; my mom's puppy ran away and got hit by a car on Stroop Rd. and died. Some months later we went to New Carlisle to pick out a puppy from a breeder of Fox Terriers there. Have always laughed at my then-self thinking how big the mom was and wondering as I got older why her daughter was only a foot tall.

My sister lives on Stroop Rd. We were heading to her house, when we heard the tornado sirens.

What year was that? We moved when I was a little kid, in 1961, to STL. My dad worked for Monsanto; they built their world HQ in STL that year. My memories of the area are the typical vague and fuzzy kid ones, although when I looked at Google Earth I could still find and recognize our house and the grade school I went to.

1989. I worked there as a contractor for several years.

Actually it was just off the highway into Park Layne. It's the area that was hit with a tornado recently. In fact if you google Park Layne, the picture for it is the mangled Sunoco station. I always remembered driving by the base, and now a couple of my family members even work at the base.
Yea can remember driving by Wright Patt on 235 and having aircraft fly just over the top of my car for a landing. One was a huge cargo plane. Like to give me a heart attack.

Oops. Mom informed me my sister lives on Shoop Rd, not Stroop Rd. Well that's an easy mistake.

I was wanting to try this Turkish restaurant, but we ran out of time when we visited Ohio, in October. https://www.pashagrill.com/

Hmm, interesting.... We used to have a Middle-eastern restaurant nearby when we lived in STL. Went there a couple of times. It wasn't bad but I'm not a fan of some of the spices/flavorings used, nor of beans, lamb, and goat too much. I was glad I tried it but not sad not to go back.

Yea can remember driving by Wright Patt on 235 and having aircraft fly just over the top of my car for a landing. One was a huge cargo plane. Like to give me a heart attack.

Good grief! Guess so! We didn't live near Wright-Pat back in the day. But I do remember occasional sonic booms when jets would fly over, so bad that things on shelves inside the house would fall off. We also saw biplanes a lot, which was weird in retrospect. Because of our proximity to the base we also were treated to nuclear bomb drills in school, along with the tornado drills. They were pretty much the same thing since we didn't have a basement in the school.... crouch under your desk and put your arms over your little head, or do the same out in the hallway. I have a very vivid memory of one bomb drill, crouching under my desk and scared to death because the Cuban missile crisis thing was in the news. Somehow I just knew that over on the other side of the world was a little Russian girl doing exactly the same thing, terrified that we were going to bomb her home into ash.

And thus both my empathy and my lifelong path to being a liberal was born. ;~)

I just remembered something I saw once. It's kind of weird, but here it is. A bubble gum flavored beer. They actually got me on the weirdness, because I was going to buy one for shits, and giggles. I guess I wasn't the only one, because I returned later, and they were out.

Back