New Drug Deletes Bad Memories

That would make sense. Republicans are merely voting citizens that are strung out on amnesia drugs.

""The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". "

That movie was pathetic. Now... Hannibal Rising... good stuff. :D

You thought it was pathetic? Well, if you liked Hannibal Rising, which you couldn't have paid me to see, then I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

Actually, I went into Hannibal Rising expecting it to suck in relation to Silence of the Lambs.... but it was actually well done. Very disturbing. But they did a good job showing you how Hannibal progressed into the monster he was in Silence of the Lambs.

Eternal was simply WAY too long at the beginning. As you said they bounced around a lot and seemed more like someone just scattered a bunch of scenes on the screen and then tried to scramble to put the pieces together at the end. I guess I just like things a tad more organized.

""the Jacket" comes to mind in talking about movies."

Very good movie. After watching it, it is one of the DVDs I now own.

That is one thing that would drive me insane. I would not be able to handle being put in a 'jacket'.

Definitely good to see if anyone has not yet done so.

Actually, I went into Hannibal Rising expecting it to suck in relation to Silence of the Lambs.... but it was actually well done. Very disturbing. But they did a good job showing you how Hannibal progressed into the monster he was in Silence of the Lambs.

Eternal was simply WAY too long at the beginning. As you said they bounced around a lot and seemed more like someone just scattered a bunch of scenes on the screen and then tried to scramble to put the pieces together at the end. I guess I just like things a tad more organized.

But that's because the characters themselves don't know what is going on at first, because they erased their own memories. And you learn along with them. But, it's definitely not for everybody, I know.

This is the whole premise of that move, "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". I don't know if you saw it, but it was good.

I'd hold onto my memories though, even the painful ones.

It was one of my favourite movies. I've watched it like 100 times.

But I don't think they'd give out a drug like this simply for people trying to get rid of memories of an old girlfriend. If a memory is causing someone to stay awake at night for years on end, and is probably going to lead to their suicide (like war memories or the memories of POW's that were tortured, or, OK, maybe a few old girlfriend memories), then they'd probably give it out. Any doctor who gives this out like candy is seriously violating the ethics of the discipline.

Darla,

I know they designed it to be that way. I am simply an overly analytical individual that cannot stand that kind of disorder. I am also slightly impatient... when I am ready for the plot to move along... I want it to move along... or I get bored. So it probably was more my personality conflicting with the style of the movie than anything.

It was one of my favourite movies. I've watched it like 100 times.

But I don't think they'd give out a drug like this simply for people trying to get rid of memories of an old girlfriend. If a memory is causing someone to stay awake at night for years on end, and is probably going to lead to their suicide (like war memories or the memories of POW's that were tortured, or, OK, maybe a few old girlfriend memories), then they'd probably give it out. Any doctor who gives this out like candy is seriously violating the ethics of the discipline.

True.

The ending was great wasn't it?

Darla,

I know they designed it to be that way. I am simply an overly analytical individual that cannot stand that kind of disorder. I am also slightly impatient... when I am ready for the plot to move along... I want it to move along... or I get bored. So it probably was more my personality conflicting with the style of the movie than anything.

Yeah, I understand. Do you walk out of movies? I knew someone who did that a lot.

""The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". "

That movie was pathetic. Now... Hannibal Rising... good stuff. :D

90% of the time you can pretty much tell if a movie is going to suck just from the title.

I can already tell "Hannibal Rising" is a snoozer. What, is that like the fourth remake of a Hannibal Lecter movie? That's so played dude....;)

At least Darla's movie has an interesting title. I mean, a lot of times, that's a good sign. A good indicator of an interesting movie.

:clink:

But that's because the characters themselves don't know what is going on at first, because they erased their own memories. And you learn along with them. But, it's definitely not for everybody, I know.

He's right. I only understood the plot after the fourth watching. It got me to watch it four times before I even understood the plot, though, which is something good to say about a movie.

This drug would be useful to give to all outgoing elected officials. that way they could not use what they learend to lobby and we would not have to provide SS protection for outgoing presidents.

Back