New Drug Deletes Bad Memories

90% of the time you can pretty much tell if a movie is going to suck just from the title.

I can already tell "Hannibal Rising" is a snoozer. What, is that like the fourth remake of a Hannibal Lecter movie? That's so played dude....;)

At least Darla's movie has an interesting title. I mean, a lot of times, that's a good sign. A good indicator of an interesting movie.

:clink:

"American Beauty" didn't have a good title - but only because it made it sound like something about a beauty pageant. Once you understood what the movie was about, I guess, the name fit. But a lot of people I know didn't go watch it because they thought it was some romantic comedy or shit like that.

"Yeah, I understand. Do you walk out of movies? I knew someone who did that a lot."

For the most part, I just wait on most movies to hit DVD, then check them out from the library. If I like a movie, THEN I will support those who made the movie by buying the DVD.

But the shorter answer is yes, I would walk out of a movie that sucked. When the Thin Red Line came out, I thought it would be pretty cool given the cast that was in it. I walked out after 40 minutes.... pissed that I had spent 40 minutes waiting for it to get better. :)

Now that I think about it, the thing this drug was actually designed for was probably treatment of phobias. Traumatic memories can cause people to, for instance, be unable to turn right while driving.

And does anyone have that Beck song from "Sunshine"? I can't find it anywhere.

"Yeah, I understand. Do you walk out of movies? I knew someone who did that a lot."

For the most part, I just wait on most movies to hit DVD, then check them out from the library. If I like a movie, THEN I will support those who made the movie by buying the DVD.

But the shorter answer is yes, I would walk out of a movie that sucked. When the Thin Red Line came out, I thought it would be pretty cool given the cast that was in it. I walked out after 40 minutes.... pissed that I had spent 40 minutes waiting for it to get better. :)

I usually only give a movie 10 minutes. Everyone calls me an art snob because I think pretty much all new movies aren't worth going to see. Same thing with music and books...

"I can already tell "Hannibal Rising" is a snoozer. What, is that like the fourth remake of a Hannibal Lecter movie?"

If you haven't seen it, I would suggest that you give it a try. It was far far better than Red Dragon, not quite as good as Silence of the Lambs. They actually did a good job building Hannibal into the animal he became. Rent it or check it out... THEN judge it. :)

LOL. I know someone like you. I don't go to the movies with him anymore. But, he's fun to hang out with as long as you avoid movie theaters.

"I usually only give a movie 10 minutes. Everyone calls me an art snob because I think pretty much all new movies aren't worth going to see. Same thing with music and books..."

I am a bit more forgiving than that. The total time I give a movie is dependant on who is in the cast. If it is a good cast, then I will give it more time to develop with the hope it will get better.

If you view movies as art... then I agree, I think most will suck when held to that expectation. If you look at them as mindless entertainment, more will satisfy that requirement.

I usually only give a movie 10 minutes. Everyone calls me an art snob because I think pretty much all new movies aren't worth going to see. Same thing with music and books...

"calls me an art snob because I think pretty much all new movies aren't worth going to see. Same thing with music and books..."

Don't plan on joining any Fraternities at Ole Miss. Dude, you're like a old soul, trapped in an 18 year old body. Every dude has to go through the male-bonding phase in their early adult life. Relax, have a few beers, lay off the chick flicks, and watch some action movies with gratuitous sex and violence with the dudes.

You've got plenty of time later on, to get into the "sensitive, ponytail-wearing" man phase.

;)

technovelgy

By Bill Christensen

posted: 02 July 2007 09:24 am ET

Do you have a really bad memory, or past heartache, that you would prefer to forget?

Researchers at Harvard and McGill University (in Montreal) are working on an amnesia drug that blocks or deletes bad memories. The technique seems to allow psychiatrists to disrupt the biochemical pathways that allow a memory to be recalled.

http://www.livescience.com/health/070702_bad_memories.html

This drug is now undergoing clinical trials at all republican gatherings.

Thank the lord. I would pay anything to forget the disastorous USC - UCLA game last December that kept USC out of the BCS Championship Game. Gallons of Jack Daniels were not able to do the trick.

"calls me an art snob because I think pretty much all new movies aren't worth going to see. Same thing with music and books..."

Don't plan on joining any Fraternities at Ole Miss. Dude, you're like a old soul, trapped in an 18 year old body. Every dude has to go through the male-bonding phase in their early adult life. Relax, have a few beers, lay off the chick flicks, and watch some action movies with gratuitous sex and violence with the dudes.

You've got plenty of time later on, to get into the "sensitive, ponytail-wearing" man phase.

;)

I try to balance it out by making really offensive jokes and degrading women. I just tell everyone what they're watching is trash. And it is. They should feel fucking ashamed. "Sunshine" isn't a "chickflick", whatever the fuck that is. It's all American red meat manliness.

Uhggg...

Ponytails...

Thank the lord. I would pay anything to forget the disastorous USC - UCLA game last December that kept USC out of the BCS Championship Game. Gallons of Jack Daniels were not able to do the trick.

Are you still drinking that poison? Don't they have vodka in California?

technovelgy

By Bill Christensen

posted: 02 July 2007 09:24 am ET

Do you have a really bad memory, or past heartache, that you would prefer to forget?

Researchers at Harvard and McGill University (in Montreal) are working on an amnesia drug that blocks or deletes bad memories. The technique seems to allow psychiatrists to disrupt the biochemical pathways that allow a memory to be recalled.

http://www.livescience.com/health/070702_bad_memories.html

This drug is now undergoing clinical trials at all republican gatherings.

This would also be a godsend for those gentlemen who have awoken in the morning next to a "generously proportioned" women and vowed to never drink again.

"American Beauty" didn't have a good title - but only because it made it sound like something about a beauty pageant. Once you understood what the movie was about, I guess, the name fit. But a lot of people I know didn't go watch it because they thought it was some romantic comedy or shit like that.
I liked American Beauty and didn't see it until it was on DVD. Also Fight Club...

that movie ROCKED!

Are you still drinking that poison? Don't they have vodka in California?

Actually I will never admit this because I don't cheat but I have been drinking vodka lately. Not as bad of a hangover and not as many calories as Jack & Coke. I work out 4 - 5 times a week but the Jack & Coke just kills me.

Back