Normal Barbie

Why can't men play with dolls?

The ones from the 60's can be very valuable.
My brother and I used to play with my sisters Barbies. My brother and I used to do tableuxs with them. We did Joan of Barbie where we tied her to a stake with duct tape and set her on fire with lighter fluid. We did the passion of the Barbie where we stapled her onto a crucifix and gave her a crown of tacks. We also did Fireball Barbie where we put her inside of a model race car, set it on fire and slammed it into a brick. My favorite was when we took one of Barbies heads and put it on a stick. We called that "Barbie Carpenter".

So see guys you can have all sorts of fun playing with Barbies! :)

My brother and I used to play with my sisters Barbies. My brother and I used to do tableuxs with them. We did Joan of Barbie where we tied her to a stake with duct tape and set her on fire with lighter fluid. We did the passion of the Barbie where we stapled her onto a crucifix and gave her a crown of tacks. We also did Fireball Barbie where we put her inside of a model race car, set it on fire and slammed it into a brick. My favorite was when we took one of Barbies heads and put it on a stick. We called that "Barbie Carpenter".

your poor sisters!!

My brother definitely had GI Joe figures growing up.

I thought I was gay when I grew up. Because I was raised by the bible. I was raised to accept, love, be kind and the like. My "punch in face and be stong" family tore me apart. I was a weak redneck child that lived by the book. But one day the rednecks I lived around hit me one too many times. I became the most dangerous person anyone knew. No one since mistaken kindness with weakness with me. I'm only 35 and my mom and stepdad try to teach me about blacks and gays. But ironically, the book they taught me to read says, "Do not judge or be judged" and tells me to "not cast stones" at people who sin differently than me.

Terrorist Kidnappers, lol

I thought I was gay when I grew up. Because I was raised by the bible. I was raised to accept, love, be kind and the like. My "punch in face and be stong" family tore me apart. I was a weak redneck child that lived by the book. But one day the rednecks I lived around hit me one too many times. I became the most dangerous person anyone knew. No one since mistaken kindness with weakness with me. I'm only 35 and my mom and stepdad try to teach me about blacks and gays. But ironically, the book they taught me to read says, "Do not judge or be judged" and tells me to "not cast stones" at people who sin differently than me.

awesome!

Well, this thread has sure degenerated in a hurry.

Cool to see the "real proportions" doll; would be very nice if toy manufacturers adjusted their dolls accordingly.

I think this is uncharacteristically foolish. If it were true that girls wanted to look like their toys would the girls from the 80s gain weight to look more like Cabbage Patch dolls? Would even one grunge, Emo, or Goth chick exist?

I just don't believe that the vast majority of women measure themselves on the basis of their toys, and that changing the toys rather than how the small percentage that would measure themselves this way think is a silliness beyond measure.

that is the point damo.

one looks like a real human female and the other would be unable to balance and walk in real life.

Why would you want your kid to want to look like a human who is unable to have a normal life?

that is the point damo.

one looks like a real human female and the other would be unable to balance and walk in real life.

Why would you want your kid to want to look like a human who is unable to have a normal life?

No, the point is they are toys. Do you really believe that the vast majority of healthy women measure they're value based on the shape of a toy? If they do, it is the woman that needs to change, not the toy.

No, the point is they are toys. Do you really believe that the vast majority of healthy women measure they're value based on the shape of a toy? If they do, it is the woman that needs to change, not the toy.

Little girls.

yes I clearly remember looking at Barbie and thinking this is what the world thinks a beautiful women looks like.

you can pretend all you want is doesn't matter.

It does

why do we set girls up to think their beautiful human female bodies are not acceptable

We don't. At least not by a toy. I'd accept this theory if girls from the 80s got fat because they wanted to look like their Cabbage Patch dolls, or if all men felt inadequate because they didn't look like Stretch Armstrong...

The reality is, the toy isn't what makes that happen. It is the wrong cause. Look to the images they are pounded with of "real" women in movies, magazines, etc. Not toys. It's silly to blame the toy and ignore actual women they look "up" to.

Back